Sign in to follow this  
Templeton

7th Fleet title and a name Title

Hi there,

I've been searching in the FAQ and on the forums to see whether or not you could have on a Star Destroyer both the 7th Fleet title and a named title. I'm assuming 'no' as the 7th Fleet is a title card, and you couldn't then have an additional title card such as 'Demolisher'. 

THanks! 

1 hour ago, Templeton said:

Hi there,

I've been searching in the FAQ and on the forums to see whether or not you could have on a Star Destroyer both the 7th Fleet title and a named title. I'm assuming 'no' as the 7th Fleet is a title card, and you couldn't then have an additional title card such as 'Demolisher'. 

THanks! 

Nope. One title only. This will remain true unless they release a ship with two title slots in the future.

37 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

I think that we'll all agree that a ship can have only one title upgrade equipped, but I couldn't find a rule neither in the RRG nor the Errata/FAQ which says that a ship can only have one title.

1 upgrade per slot. Every ship in the game only has one title slot.

Its no different to any other upgrade type. Why do so many find it complicated?

2 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

1 upgrade per slot. Every ship in the game only has one title slot.

Its no different to any other upgrade type. Why do so many find it complicated?

Ships have not a title slot.

Commander and titles don't go on slots.

I will look for the rule piece.

Edited by ovinomanc3r

Hmmm all I find is this:

A title card is an upgrade card with a ship icon in the lower-left corner. A title card can be equipped to a ship 
only if the ship and title card share the same ship icon.

A title card can be equipped to a ship only if the ship and the title card share the same ship icon.

Each ship has a ship icon in the lower-left corner of its ship card and in the front hull zone of its ship token. This 
icon indicates the ship’s type and is used to determine which title cards that ship can equip.

When building a fleet, upgrade cards can be equipped to ships by adding their fleet point costs to the total fleet point cost. For each upgrade icon in a ship’s upgrade bar, it may equip one upgrade card with the matching upgrade icon.

I don't find anything actually limiting the number of titles beyond it is said "a title" rather than "titles". That's all. I would go with that but maybe @Drasnighta could explain more properly. 

Edited by ovinomanc3r

If there's no limit on the number of titles a ship can have, then you could theoretically equip every ISD title to a single ISD because all of them have different names.

Obviously, that's rather silly, but FFG should've made it clear so there was never a question in the first place.

16 hours ago, Villakarvarousku said:

Is the Learn to Play booklet considered official rules? If so, page 21:

"A ship cannot equip more than one title card."

That's our rule then. The Learn to Play rules are valid as long as the RRG don't override them. In this case the RRG never mentions explicitly that a ship can have more than 1 title upgrade equipped, so this rule in the Learn to Play should do.

pg.13 "upgrade cards" When building a fleet, upgrade cards can be equipped to ships by adding their fleet point costs to the total fleet point cost. For each upgrade icon in a ship’s upgrade bar, it may equip one upgrade card with the matching upgrade icon.

1 hour ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

pg.13 "upgrade cards" When building a fleet, upgrade cards can be equipped to ships by adding their fleet point costs to the total fleet point cost. For each upgrade icon in a ship’s upgrade bar, it may equip one upgrade card with the matching upgrade icon.

Titles don't have upgrade icon in the ship’s upgrade bar.

For completeness:

Hello Álvaro,

In response to your question:

Hi. I wanted to know if it is possible for a ship to be equipped with more than one title. I thought it is not, but I can't find anything specific in the RRG nor the FAQ. It is said that ships can only equip one upgrade per matching slot in the upgrade bar, but titles, like commanders, don't have a slot in the upgrade bar. Thanks in advance.

No, a ship can only be equipped with one title. However, you are correct that this is not currently defined in the RRG or FAQ. That rule is only stated on page 21 of the Learn to Play. That is an oversight, and we will make sure to clarify it in a future FAQ.

Thanks for your question!