Sign in to follow this  
Simon Retold

No More Android…?

2 hours ago, Swordbreaker said:

Ah, good I was wondering about this too

1 hour ago, dresdinseven said:

Besides Genesys, some books, and a few odd board games here and there, I wonder what products they are going to make with the licence.

Well I wonder if FFG put out a new Android LCG without "Netrunner" in the title

From the Magnum Opus article

Working with the developers of the Genesysroleplaying game, the 2018 Android: Netrunner World Champion will help to inspire and craft a character within the Android setting—potentially even envisioning his or her avatar as a crime boss who helped to win the weekend's turf wars. More than this, he or she will have a chance to play that character during a special Genesys roleplaying adventure, set in the Android universe, at PAX Unplugged, the weekend of November 30th to December 2nd.”

Looks like a sample Android adventure available after PAX Unplugged, with a sourcebook coming soon after I imagine.

And this was written as well: "At Android: Magnum Opus, you will have the chance not only to enjoy a Genesys adventure in the Android setting, but to take part in a larger, weekend-long roleplaying event that will allow you to both explore—and give shape to—the Android setting."

Exploring and giving shape to a P&P RPG doesn't mean much. That's what you do every time you play, even if it is a one shot campaign. You explore and shape that campaign. 

I skimmed the article but the only thing I really saw mentioned for Genesys was a free PDF adventure. If the Andoid book was cancelled, I hope they release a generic cyberpunk book using what they've already created with the serial numbers filed off.

Android is created by FFG, not licensed to them. They OWN it. They licensed the mechanisms to the card game from WotC. They can't reuse the card game mechanics but are fully free to still create things for the setting they created