mazz0

Does Lando's Falcon mean an end to the "Galactic Civil War Era Only" thing?

4 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Is she dead in canon?  I don't remember seeing her die in CW, and was hoping not so she could show up in an Obi Wan film or something.

It is canon and is mentioned in Solo. Qi'ra asks Beckett if he killed Ventress. He said "No, I just pushed her. The fall killed her."

4 hours ago, HaranHaste said:

How is Lando's Falcon not in the GCW era? It literally flies against TIE fighters of the Empire and the GCW started with the formation of the Empire so it spans two decades.

Pretty much the point that HaranHaste said. The Galactic Civil War Era is at the start of the Galactic Empire. So at the end of Episode III everything is GCW era until the end of Episode VI.

Star Wars timing is rather garbage. BBY and ABY are terrible dates in practically and are only useful for telling fans what is supposed to be prequel and what is supposed to be EU. if this was in universe BBY would never be used, it would be Empire Day (Palpatine gives his speech) until Battle of Endor then it would be Liberation Day. So BEY would be Clone wars, AGY would be Galactic Civil war and ABE would be everything after Episode 6.

7 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Is she dead in canon?  I don't remember seeing her die in CW, and was hoping not so she could show up in an Obi Wan film or something.

Ventress's story continues in a book called "Dark Disciple" by Christie Golden and I thought it a pretty good read. It is based on finished scripts that didn't get produced.

1 hour ago, Odanan said:

Did you see the movie? I'm pretty sure there were Rebels there.

Yeah, but I thought they were hinting that that was a sort of pre Alliance To Restore The Republic bunch.  Thought that was the point.

16 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Her fate is detailed in Dark Disciple which I think was adapted from two episode arcs (8 episodes) that would have been covered in season 6 and 7 of Clone Wars but due to the show getting cancelled it was never animated. The reason she is a pilot for the ship though is because that class of ship was originally created to be her ship for those arcs but they changed a little bit and ended up reusing it for Rebels instead.