Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Happy Friday you crazy people.

47 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

I would prefer to stick with the GCW honestly. 

10 minutes ago, LinoB said:

my vote on GCW  but if i have to choose another faction my hope are on rep and cis .

Completely agree. I've just posted that new factions would ruin the theme of the GCW so much I would just try to play along for a change.

We already have the AFII from Empire at War. Let's get the Zann Consortium as a 3rd faction. It's not exactly a mercenary faction, but works well as one. There's already a fleet of ships available without having to create them from scratch.

The Zann Consortium could also bring some new mechanics to the game in the form of bribery and stealing. Those of you that have played EaW know what I'm talking about.

I've been warming to the idea of the CIS coming in.  I could totally believe that the Empire is still stamping out the CIS by the time of episode 4.  It gives players a new faction to play with and there's enough ships that aren't already incorporated into another faction to use.  I think the republic mostly ends up being absorbed by the Empire anyway when it comes to ships.  Isn't the only ship we're missing the Venator?

happy friday,

dreams on is Zann ships & fighters announcment for Gencon.

CIS faction would need Old reps as opponents, may be as a "not so starter set", without range and mov rulers/dmg deck, but spec rules for clone war battlefield and ships/squads price 60-70-ish. A good commercial move, as they already own the licence, and may hit other area of Star Wars fans, but needs a copy of starter set to play. would be overjoyed with such an huge step taken by FFG

Sith empire/old republic would be good too, even if ships are quite ugly...

realistic expectations is MC40/Dreadnough, or better, Strike

Low exp is a lien "some Armada thing was intended, but got delayed for play balance issue" or even "armada is being put on hold" (i.e. killed) so House rules, custom ships and cards become legits and Armada goes supernova with players support (which is 90% of its life right now)

First Order/ resistance ships are out of range for armada, way to big and can not be anythig less than broken. Imagine the Raddus/FO dreadnough/Resurgent; even with sliding scale their firepower is going to be at the very least 2 or 3 dices more than ISD, if the model stays maneuvrable enough to stay on table more than 2 turns...

Please dont Start hating me. But i thought about a 3rd faction. When introducing the Republic and the confederates there would be 2 faction- so i thought about introducing a "scum" faction which utilizes Republic era ships from both sides...with the Bonus that the empire could use the Republic ones as well and the Rebellion could use the confederate ones. What so you guys think?

1 hour ago, ricefrisbeetreats said:

I've been warming to the idea of the CIS coming in.  I could totally believe that the Empire is still stamping out the CIS by the time of episode 4.  It gives players a new faction to play with and there's enough ships that aren't already incorporated into another faction to use.  I think the republic mostly ends up being absorbed by the Empire anyway when it comes to ships.  Isn't the only ship we're missing the Venator?

I agree. Canon has shown some droids did not shut down. Could easily be plausible that there are still CIS groups holding out.

I think Acclamator would fill a better gap for the empire. It could have a beefed up assault mechanic & a regular combat version.

The Venator would be primarily a carrier but as the light carrier is relatively new I can’t see it. It could be a large base broadside ship but that’s less interesting than the Acclamator to me.

Empire also has a gap for a full fighter pack-

TIE Avenger - snipe fighter

Scimitar Assault Bomber 

TIE Droid - for some interesting new game mechanics 

Missile Boat - rogue bomber

I would not be excited for a new faction. I would rather have retrofit faction packs to open up new and wacky builds. 

Also, U Wings, MC40, CC7700, Liberator, Lancer Frigates, Corellian Gunships, Gunboats, AFMk1