Sign in to follow this  
Boom Owl

Thank You Devs

15 minutes ago, Boom Owl said:

Seriously thanks for taking the time for the AMA, demo games, and the twitch stream these past few weeks. Its awesome stuff that really helps move the community conversation about the game forward and sets a positive tone.

We greatly appreciate it and I hope the response from everybody remains rational enough to warrant future community interaction like this from you guys. We definitely haven't always deserved it.

100 % agreed. One can only hope that FFG reap what they sowed these past few weeks. From what I can see, all the 2.0 goodies brought some much needed enthusiasm back to the forums. 

Let's keep this up!

Ummm... not trying to be "that guy", but here's my POV. Things like "we don't deserve them" are not a good narrative either. What the devs doing is: their job. And they currently do it very well. So while I am very grateful for the communication and their handling of the 2.0 transition, I also remember where they did, in fact, not have very good customer relations - and that was mostly during those times where X-Wing was running hot and things were grabbed off the shelves instantly. Remember the times with 0 articles? The non-addressing of certain issues like Jumpmasters for over a year? Not addressing they were working on FAQs, then dropping them without much communication? See what they are doing with Armada? That could be us, if the product was less hot.

Let's face it: a while ago, FFG was all up into Legion and Runewars. And they will move on with their attention to the next big thing once 2.0 has dropped. After all, they devote most of their attention to those products that are "in the most immediate need". If you think about it, X-Wing is one of their biggest cash cows and absolutely needs to succeed to keep revenue up. So what They are currently doing is they are trying to develop the market into accepting 2.0 as a substitute product - and they are using all the right tools to keep the hype up.

So, to summarize: I am grateful and happy for all the content and the fact that there is actually a dialogue, but I'd refrain from sentences like "We don't deserve them". We are loyal customers, we pay a lot of money - treating us in this way is just, pure and simple: good business.