SmartCookie

AMA with Frank and Max - all questions and answers

Thank you so much! And thank you FFG.

I appreciate that they answered some really pressing questions, and that those who asked them were able to ask them in a way that was appropriate. The question about Luke gunner specifically got a much better answer than if the question was asked like “why did you make this stupid upgrade??” Which many members of this forum likely would have.

Just now, PanchoX1 said:

was that everything? seemed kinda short. Either way, thanks for posting!

Ama's always seem like that to me. They should have an intern that can type 100wpm at the keyboard while they dictate their responses. Wastes too much time typing long responses.

1 hour ago, Brunas said:

Strongly disagree, they gave us that there will be roughly 3 or 4 scheduled updates a year to prices, which alone is a big deal.

Also got a look into design (force powers cheat game rules, pilot talents are for rewarding good play) and a lot of other answers.

The first one could be expected, at least roughly.

The second one I've been saying for a while.

They also ignored many of the questions that could have actually said something worthwhile, with the exception of Luke, and the design intent behind him.

The generics issue is one of the most pressing one, and they conveniently ignored it.

51 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

My question about B-Wings and cannons got downvoted to the bottom of the ocean. Not sure why. I guess I was a little bit annoying on the thread. Lesson learned. ?

They missed a lot of good questions, and instead answered stuff that they already explained in previously videos which is a shame. Glad we heard their thoughts on Luke Gunner though. Still dumb as **** idea though. Beginners in casual games dont need a card. Any handicap they have can easily be solved with house rules. Having the Luke Gunner as an actual card just begs for Jeff Berling type of minds to abuse the crap out of it.

Edited by wurms

1 hour ago, ViscerothSWG said:

I was hoping they'd answer the 'what was swx71' question.

Them not answering that question leads me to think it’s still out there for release. However, I don’t know why they would release something under a 1st Edition SKU now unless it’s something untouched by 2.0 at this time. For example, an Epic ship. 

"B: This is an easy one: yes. Since the only measuring tools provided by the game are the range ruler and the maneuver templates, rather than constantly restating “inside your (firing) arc at range 0–3” (since a firing arc can’t be measured with those components beyond the range ruler), we just put a rule in that says measuring inside your arc goes to the end of the range ruler (i.e. up to range 3)."

So if in your arc means 0-3, is Kanan considered to be in his own firing arc? Could he use his ability on himself but only if the attacker is in either firing arc?

Also no Clone Wars faction questions? Come on! Haha

Just now, GILLIES291 said:

"B: This is an easy one: yes. Since the only measuring tools provided by the game are the range ruler and the maneuver templates, rather than constantly restating “inside your (firing) arc at range 0–3” (since a firing arc can’t be measured with those components beyond the range ruler), we just put a rule in that says measuring inside your arc goes to the end of the range ruler (i.e. up to range 3)."

So if in your arc means 0-3, is Kanan considered to be in his own firing arc? Could he use his ability on himself but only if the attacker is in either firing arc?

Also no Clone Wars faction questions? Come on! Haha

I doubt you're in your own arc - but other ships at range 0 could be in your arc still, which seems reasonable.

1 minute ago, Brunas said:

I doubt you're in your own arc - but other ships at range 0 could be in your arc still, which seems reasonable.

That's how I read it initially too, but if it's range 0, and range 0 is touching enemies and ones own ship it would be nice for clarification 

Edited by GILLIES291

5 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

Someone did ask about faction balancing and then also asked if they'd consider adding more factions in the future. They only answered the first part of the request.

shocking. it's almost like they have an entire other branch of the company for announcing future product.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

My question about B-Wings and cannons got downvoted to the bottom of the ocean. Not sure why. I guess I was a little bit annoying on the thread. Lesson learned. ?

"Will the B-Wing get a discount on cannons and/or multiple cannon slots? I know that I am one among many that were very disappointed that the B-Wing didn’t get any kind of ship ability. Thematically, the B-wing was alwaysequipped with e3 cannons (HLC, AB, Ion) and was supposed to pack a heavy punch in exchange for poor maneuverability. I know the B-Wing expansion introduced the cannon concept in the first place, and the whole idea of cannons never really took off the way they were expected to. I was especially sad in 1e that the Aggressor and TIE Defender made better use of cannons than the original B-Wing. Linked actions are cool, but offensively, what is the B-Wing getting to make us take it over the new X-Wing? And please don’t say it’s cheaper because it really shouldn’t be, fluff-wise."

that's a lot of loaded and accusatory language. Compare to the Luke Gunner question that got answered.

Edited by skotothalamos