RStan

Fast Enough - Lando's Falcon 2nd Ed

43 minutes ago, dewbie420 said:

Just realized this wave hits the Thursday before my birthday!!! (wondering if my LFGS has a registry)

I'm hoping that if the Cape Craft isn't included in a squad, this Falcon will be very economical and free up points for fill all the upgrade slots.

#capecraft

It's an s-cape craft.  Stands for space-cape.

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Linked rotate action, so it's not nearly as bad as just having a red rotate

As for jm5k v this thing, it's really not that hard to distinguish the two. The jm5k gets its torps back, the yt1300 becomes the only scum ship with 2 crew

And the Shadowcaster/Lancer has a permanent 3 dice front arc.

I still think it ought to have had a white Rotate arc, makes no sense to be the only ship that has to be stressed after rotating its arc.

White Target lock to red rotate arc makes sense. But I'd happily give up the focus to rotate, to gain white rotate.

Edited by Scum4Life
Addition information

5 hours ago, streamdragon said:

The Rebel Falcon also has more primary attack and more shields.  There is no reason to assume this has the same slots.

Sure, but the attack and shields make some sense given that han modified the ship to have better shields and weapons.  He didn't mod in (or out) space for crew or gunners.  Would make perfect sense for those slots not to change.

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

Linked rotate action, so it's not nearly as bad as just having a red rotate

Not AS bad since you can get modifiers still when you need to rotate, but you also are stuck witht he much more limited selection of maneuvers on following rounds if you do have to rotate.

4 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Which is great, but really sucks to lose the 3 die mobile when rebel and imperial both have 3 die bowties AND rebels got a 4 die one...

It does keep its price down, useful for supporty crew, beyond Jabba. Bossk gunner might be good on two dice ship. Paired with the right crew, Perceptive copilot maybe could still pit the hurt on.

8 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

It does keep its price down, useful for supporty crew, beyond Jabba. Bossk gunner might be good on two dice ship. Paired with the right crew, Perceptive copilot maybe could still pit the hurt on.

It won't be useless, but it's a lot weaker.  Hopefully ketsu kept her ability intact, since the 2 die mobile won't matter if you have it pointed forward for her ability.  And we have other ships that can carry support crew (YV-666, Jumpmaster for a single crew, most likely the falcon for 2, etc).  And we have other cheap turrets (jumpmaster better be dirt cheap.  Falcon should be fairly cheap at only 2 dice).  Would have been nice to at least keep 1 of our turreted ships with the ability to fire 3 dice out of the mobile arc, not just forwards. 

Edited by VanderLegion

2 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

It won't be useless, but it's a lot weaker.  Hopefully ketsu kept her ability intact, since the 2 die mobile won't matter if you have it pointed forward for her ability.  And we have other ships that can carry support crew (YV-666, Jumpmaster for a single crew, most likely the falcon for 2, etc).  And we have other cheap turrets (jumpmaster better be dirt cheap.  Falcon should be fairly cheap at only 2 dice).  Would have been nice to at least keep 1 of our turreted ships with the ability to fire 3 dice out of the mobile arc, not just forwards. 

Yeah I agree, Scum missing a 3 die turret is meh. If all Jumpmasters had 3 die primaries then the stress requirement and single arc for rotating arc would help differentiate it from Rebel Falcon and Decimator.

But let's not lament on what might have been. I do wonder on its price. 40 seems too cheap, 50 too much. 46?

35 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

Which is great, but really sucks to lose the 3 die mobile when rebel and imperial both have 3 die bowties AND rebels got a 4 die one...

Assajj is still a Force user (only such pilot on a 'turret' AFAIK), Scum has great gunners and I guess FFG thought the ability to align the arcs in a continuous 180 degrees needs a reduction in damage output (on par with a Hwk right now) . 

Other than that, it does seem that 'crap turrets' is part of the new faction identity for Scum. 

13 minutes ago, __underscore__ said:

I guess we just have to hope that they manage to keep 2 dice attacks viable this time around.

2 dice attacks were never really viable. A mass of them was (see TIE swarm) but nobody was afraid of the damage a single TIE fighter or Z95 could do. Since it's pretty much a given you won't be able to swarm any of the 2 dice turrets, I think they'll need other shenanigans to be viable. 

22 minutes ago, LordBlades said:

Assajj is still a Force user (only such pilot on a 'turret' AFAIK), Scum has great gunners and I guess FFG thought the ability to align the arcs in a continuous 180 degrees needs a reduction in damage output (on par with a Hwk right now) . 

This is true, but that's only 1 of the pilots for the ship.  Asajj being a force user doesn't help anyone else.  And we have the YV-666 and Wookie Gunship with 180 degree arcs and still 3 dice the whole way.  

53 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

This is true, but that's only 1 of the pilots for the ship.  Asajj being a force user doesn't help anyone else.  And we have the YV-666 and Wookie Gunship with 180 degree arcs and still 3 dice the whole way.  

Ketsu will want her arc forward anyway if she kept her ability, so number of dice is largely irrelevant. As for the other pilots, I think every pilot viable is too much to expect from FFG given their track record. I wouldn't expect more than 1-2 per ship. 

While the YV-666 and the wookies do have a 3 dice 180 degree arc, they don't have the dial and the bearing of that arc to make circling you forever a possibility. 

The Lancer is fine IMO, or at least Assajj is, it's the Jumpmaster and the new Falcon I have my doubts about. 

1 hour ago, __underscore__ said:

I guess we just have to hope that they manage to keep 2 dice attacks viable this time around.

There’s something of a pattern with 2 att ships in 2.0 to have a bit more action economy for dice mods than higher attack ships, but it’s not an absolute rule.  2.0 Han still gets fairly free rerolls and I’m sure there’s a few other pilots that buck the trend.  The fact that regen, Evade and Reinforce tokens were nerfed show that 2 attack should be viable.

we haven't see the Lando’s Millenium Falcon title yet. It easily could give an extra attack dice and make this conversation pointless.

Actually if it does that it would give a nice option between having a cheap crew/support ship or a expensive turret ship.

29 minutes ago, DerRitter said:

We haven't see the Lando’s Millenium Falcon title yet. It easily could give an extra attack dice.

While it could I hope it doesn't.

Something more along the lines of multiple modifications, or an interaction with the escape shuttle or an extreme boost or a barrel roll to deal damage or that cool asteroid trick becoming "If at range 0 of an asteroid you may deal one damage to a ship at range 0-1"

FFG should try to make the Scum falcon as different as possible.

12 hours ago, __underscore__ said:

It spends the film carting round a small, rag-tag bunch of characters, right, same as it ever did? Seems safe to assume it'll have a couple of crew and a gunner.

6 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

Sure, but the attack and shields make some sense given that han modified the ship to have better shields and weapons.  He didn't mod in (or out) space for crew or gunners.  Would make perfect sense for those slots not to change.

There's three issues here as I see it:

1. Trying to compare old and new versions of the YT.  We know, at this point, that there is no real reason to do so.  Thanks to the Lando Falcon preview, we know that the new version has a turret slot, where as the old YT did not.  So saying "we can put these two crew on the new YT because the old one had two crew slots" doesn't really work.

2. Assuming the Lando Falcon and the Han Falcon will have the same slots, but we already know that the ships are different.  They're two different faction ships, and crew slots especially are the most faction-specific.

3. Using fluff to justify mechanics.  This usually ends poorly.

30 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

Thanks to the Lando Falcon preview, we know that the new version has a turret slot, where as the old YT did not. 

...we do?  Where's it say that?

30 minutes ago, streamdragon said:

2. Assuming the Lando Falcon and the Han Falcon will have the same slots, but we already know that the ships are different.  They're two different faction ships, and crew slots especially are the most faction-specific.

Crew slots are not likely to change.  Missile slot might go away, attack and shield values make sense, but crew's a little different.  I fully expect it to come with 2 crew and a gunner to start.

1 hour ago, VanderLegion said:

...we do?  Where's it say that?

Crew slots are not likely to change.  Missile slot might go away, attack and shield values make sense, but crew's a little different.  I fully expect it to come with 2 crew and a gunner to start.

Sorry, I meant Gunner, not turret.

These turrets need operators, of course, and you can enhance their effectiveness by adding a gunner from among the thirteen upgrade cards found in this expansion. In addition to being an ace pilot,

Han Solo is just as good in the gunner seat, granting you the ability to perform a red focus action before engaging with enemy ships. In effect, this gives you the chance to both rotate your turret into position and focus in a single round, providing ample opportunity to line up your shot and give it a good chance of hitting.

It's a new type of card, and that's not a crew icon on the new Solo card.  The YT-1300 losing a crew slot for a gunner slot seems pretty likely to me.  It also fits that 'fluff' everyone likes to think should determine rules. :P