RStan

Fast Enough - Lando's Falcon 2nd Ed

3 minutes ago, westiebestie said:

How do we know it has more than 1 crew spot? Can't tell from the quick builds, or am I missing something? I would assume  crew + gunner, but 2+ crew would be great imo as we get an interesting support ship. 

You dont - it is all decided in the App and it may change.

18 hours ago, SabineKey said:

Lol, the Rebel version is a Modified YT-13, while this one is a Customized YT-13.

That because Lando probably ordered the Falcon customized to his specs, while by the time of Episode IV Han had made a lot of special modifications himself. ;) 

Lando specifically mentions that he had some work done on it, likely why its impounded. Han then comments to Luke that he has made a ton of his own personal modifications which we know made it into the ionic ship of our time. I wonder what Rey's one will be called, Salvaged YT-1300 Light Freighter? Piece of Junk YT-1300 Light Freighter?
Are we going to see a fourth Falcon, simply called a YT-1300 Light Freighter?

The falcon could be the Sabine and Ezra of v.2

3 minutes ago, Viktus106 said:

Lando specifically mentions that he had some work done on it, likely why its impounded. Han then comments to Luke that he has made a ton of his own personal modifications which we know made it into the ionic ship of our time. I wonder what Rey's one will be called, Salvaged YT-1300 Light Freighter? Piece of Junk YT-1300 Light Freighter?
Are we going to see a fourth Falcon, simply called a YT-1300 Light Freighter?

The falcon could be the Sabine and Ezra of v.2

So many falcons because hands down without a doubt the Millennium Falcon is the coolest ship in the SW universe. All other opinions are invalid. 

11 hours ago, Forgottenlore said:

You guys are seeing that the moved rock has to be more than range 2 from any ship, right? It’s not hard to maneuver (even a swarm) around a rock at that distance. 

It’s not hard to avoid it, but it may be hard to avoid it and end where you wanted to be at the start of the second or third turn.

I think Becket’s affect will not show up much in casual play because it won’t matter.  But my guess is someone will run it at high level and it will affect the outcome of games.

1 minute ago, BigBadAndy said:

It’s not hard to avoid it, but it may be hard to avoid it and end where you wanted to be at the start of the second or third turn.

I think Becket’s affect will not show up much in casual play because it won’t matter.  But my guess is someone will run it at high level and it will affect the outcome of games.

The Becket Effect is now a thing. 

8 hours ago, Vector said:

Whilst excited for this, still conflicted over the new design of the box packaging in comparison to the old one for previous ships. The new design just feels too simplistic than the more detailed and colorful of the old design.

Funny how I have the exact opposite reaction.  I *really* like the contrast between the packaging and the ship on display.  It really pops out.

3 hours ago, westiebestie said:

How do we know it has more than 1 crew spot? Can't tell from the quick builds, or am I missing something? I would assume  crew + gunner, but 2+ crew would be great imo as we get an interesting support ship. 

From what was spoiled by Alex Davey at Euro's last week it seems that most ships that had a crew got a gunner slot in addition to their 1.0 crew slots. (Falcon has 2 crew and 1 gunner, K-wing has a crew and a gunner slot, etc)

19 hours ago, Kleeg005 said:

My thought on this is that it really and finally and completely renders the JM5K totally, absolutely, beyond useless.  I mean, not a big deal?  I never really flew the Jumpmaster?  But ****, can you make it any more plain that the JM5K is beyond dead?  That you want us all to burn that model?  Really?  Just say it in plain words?

Further to this point, I did a bit of hypothesizing yesterday in relation to the quote Frank Brooks said during the AMA.  He mentioned that all turreted ships have double mobile arcs if they rely on that as their damage output i.e. K-Wings, Decimators, YTs all have a double mobile arc because they don't have a front arc.  The JM5K doesn't have a front arc but it only has a single mobile arc.  So unless it will get a front arc somehow (e.g. Moldy Crow title for HWK-290) and Dengar notwithstanding, the JM5K got crushed in 2e.

8 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

Further to this point, I did a bit of hypothesizing yesterday in relation to the quote Frank Brooks said during the AMA.  He mentioned that all turreted ships have double mobile arcs if they rely on that as their damage output i.e. K-Wings, Decimators, YTs all have a double mobile arc because they don't have a front arc.  The JM5K doesn't have a front arc but it only has a single mobile arc.  So unless it will get a front arc somehow (e.g. Moldy Crow title for HWK-290) and Dengar notwithstanding, the JM5K got crushed in 2e.

It gets a torp slot, and torp slots can give it up to IIRC 4 front arc shots thus far.

It's probably also cheap as chips.

But yeah, it got crushed.  It's had its day in the sun.  It's had TWO FREAKING YEARS in the sun, it's high time it got crushed.

19 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

Don't forget it's the only turret with a red rotate arc action ;)

It should be less than 50 points.

8 hours ago, Vector said:

Whilst excited for this, still conflicted over the new design of the box packaging in comparison to the old one for previous ships. The new design just feels too simplistic than the more detailed and colorful of the old design.

I personally like the new look so much more.

33 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

It has at least one torp slot. We know that from the reveal of the conversion kits. I would imagine the jm5k is back to its old tricks of being a cheap-ish ordnance carrier, only balanced for 2.0.

In that context, I don’t think it’s really crushed. It’s just not going to be a Swiss Army knife that you can make do anything. 

Just realized this wave hits the Thursday before my birthday!!! (wondering if my LFGS has a registry)

I'm hoping that if the Cape Craft isn't included in a squad, this Falcon will be very economical and free up points for fill all the upgrade slots.

#capecraft

Edited by dewbie420
spelling

15 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

It gets a torp slot, and torp slots can give it up to IIRC 4 front arc shots thus far.

It's probably also cheap as chips.

But yeah, it got crushed.  It's had its day in the sun.  It's had TWO FREAKING YEARS in the sun, it's high time it got crushed.

For now, yeah? That's the whole thing about 2e is upgrades and costs are subject to change.

At any rate, I'm sure the K-Wing keeps its torp and missile slots, the Decimator probably keeps its torp slot, I'm sure the YTs keep their missile slots.

It just seems odd that the JM5K would get hit really hard with the mobile arc (again, barring future/unrevealed upgrades) in addition to getting hit in its dial and its ability to rotate its arc when ALL other turreted ships got a double arc.

It just seems inconsistent based on a direct quote from Frank Brooks.

Who knows though, of the 4 ships, it is the only one that inherently has the option of taking two actions in a turn.

35 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

Don't forget it's the only turret with a red rotate arc action ;)

It should be less than 50 points.

Linked rotate action, so it's not nearly as bad as just having a red rotate

As for jm5k v this thing, it's really not that hard to distinguish the two. The jm5k gets its torps back, the yt1300 becomes the only scum ship with 2 crew (assuming that yv keeps 3)

The jm5k becomes an actual damage dealer, the yt carts jabba around