RStan

Fast Enough - Lando's Falcon 2nd Ed

3 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

We can hope we get it, though it will likely be locked behind the Lando Falcon title, and really there is nothing stopping you from adding it in a casual game. Not to mention it will have the standard mandibles so it gives yet another option for people when they want to field a YT-1300 without the escape craft. 

I'd much rather have 3 attack and +3 shields than the escape pod. I'm sure the escape pod will add some fun new things into the role of the scum falcon because currently I'm not too sure how it should be used.

As someone else mentioned in this thread - the real fun looks like using Beckett to move a rock and then spawning a ship with Boba crew on that rock

6 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Yep..  lets just start with the power creep that necessitated 2.0, amiright? ?

How is it power creep to give it the stats of an already existing version of the same ship?  A 3-dice primary, double turret ship with that exact same action bar already exists.  This may come as a shock, but that ship is also the Millennium Falcon!  Shock, gasp, surprise. 

7 hours ago, VanderLegion said:

In general most people though end up deploying on the sides or sideways, etc, where you can't blockt hem with a rock.  For myself, if I'm set up int he middle somewhere it's frequently somewhere you wouldn't be able to put a rock in front of me anyway (aimed right next to a rock where I can go straight without hitting it, for example)

(had to skip ahead due to spoilers so if this has been addressed, sorry)

I too usually line up so that I will just skim past a rock.  With this, the rock you line up next to is most likely the one to get moved.  Just tap it about half a base to the side and it throws off your whole opening move.

3 hours ago, Incard said:

Where is my destructive Barrel Roll?!

EPT: Hip Check. 1 charge.

"Step off, you don't know me like that"

Spend 1 charge and perform a red barrel roll action. If you would overlap a ship with no shield value and 3 or less hull, knock that lil bugger off of the table. 

Okay I'm sorry, i just couldn't do 7 pages of this. I hope this is as sign that they toned  down large ship movements.  Sadly though it looks more like they hit  rest  on the power creep button.

5 hours ago, Jokubas said:

You know, it hadn't occurred to me that the Falcon wasn't available on Scum before. It just seems so obvious that I didn't realize it wasn't possible. It's sort of funny that it's the cleanest looking Falcon ends up on Scum in the end. I might get this if I end up going Scum (still trying to decide which faction to focus on in 2.0).

SCUM is strong right now. They get lots of great ship options, even before Scum Lando showed up. 

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Whilst excited for this, still conflicted over the new design of the box packaging in comparison to the old one for previous ships. The new design just feels too simplistic than the more detailed and colorful of the old design.

5 hours ago, pickirk01 said:

(had to skip ahead due to spoilers so if this has been addressed, sorry)

I too usually line up so that I will just skim past a rock.  With this, the rock you line up next to is most likely the one to get moved.  Just tap it about half a base to the side and it throws off your whole opening move.

Meh, easy enough to go around anyway

13 hours ago, Glucose98 said:

Sooo this was SWZ04  -- we're still missing SWZ02 and SWZ03 -- any guesses?  Probably a rebel and imperial ship from the Solo movie.  

A Rebel ship from the movie? Were there any? I don’t really want Enfy’s Nests Speederbikes really...

The imperial one should be clearly the TIE/rb

1 hour ago, Vector said:

Whilst excited for this, still conflicted over the new design of the box packaging in comparison to the old one for previous ships. The new design just feels too simplistic than the more detailed and colorful of the old design.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I can't place exactly why it bothers me yet, but it does. The packaging isn't going to stop me from buying something I want, obviously, but it's still a shame.

4 hours ago, ozmodon said:

Okay I'm sorry, i just couldn't do 7 pages of this. I hope this is as sign that they toned  down large ship movements.  Sadly though it looks more like they hit  rest  on the power creep button.

If you are referring to the dial which is shown in the preview I think that's the shuttles dial as surly they wouldn't give a falcon a stop manover?

If I remember correctly, the article mentions 13 upgrades but the card fan shows 3 and the article hyperlinks another 2. So do you think it's possible, to avoid making non canon characters up, that there could be a Han Crew and Beckett Gunner card that we don't know about?

SPOILER ---------------------------------------------------------------------  SPOILER

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the pack that saw Lightning Reflexes return but renamed something like Needle's Corellia Turn and allows you to perform a talon roll or sloop to simulate that fantastic landing gear drift. 

16 hours ago, RStan said:

the front of the scum falcon is really different to the original 1.0 version. Hans done some serious illegal upgrading there. I still remember my excitement when I opened my first falcon back in the early days of x-wing 1.0. That 360 turret really terrorized the meta and for a time double falcon lists were popular. imperial players will remember their swarms getting obliterated by a falcon with 360 fire, boost and damage mitigation. Paul Heavers list with Han Solo and 3x Z-95's was a monster and everything imperial list I tried against it got crushed.

2.0 is a different beast. The removal of 360 turrets will reward player skill and give those high agility small ships a fighting chance. As much as I loathe having to convert my 1.0 ships I am pretty pleased with the recalibrating FFG is doing with the game.  

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

How do we know it has more than 1 crew spot? Can't tell from the quick builds, or am I missing something? I would assume  crew + gunner, but 2+ crew would be great imo as we get an interesting support ship.