Sign in to follow this  
LagJanson

Tokens - S-Foils?

I never thought about this but I love the idea.  Flipping a token is a lot less cumbersome than flipping a full size card.  The only problem I see is still having to flip the card to see the effect.

Unless you bring two.

Edited by Skitchx

8 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

Flipping a token is a lot less cumbersome than flipping a full size card.  The only problem I see is still having to flip the card to see the effect.

That and having the info on the board is always better than having to reach for it on your opponent's side of the table.
I don't think you really need the card to know the effect, most players don't need to read their squad cards to know what their ships do (or we're talking about rookies).

Ive also got a friend who is into goofy small job fabricating things.  I asked him if he could make an articulating "X" slightly larger than a focus token that has a hinge out of a metal.  You can have it either opened or closed to denote the foil positions :)  We'll see how it turns out

I don't like the moving wings, will break faster than the older models, so I will use tokens.

The card has no effects on the open wings side so using the closed wing side with tokens will work.

Eventually, like everything, you will know the effects and not bother with the card.

A few players in our group don't use cards now as they know all the effects and can't be bothered laying out cards.