49 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Displaying Authority is number 23, the third card in the 2nd set.  To me, this implies that there is a Stronghold at number 21.  And if we have a Stronghold at 1, 21 and 101, we probably have them at 41, 61 and 81 too.

Depends if they do two Provinces per pack and the first pack is 21 cards to accommodate the stronghold which you only need 1 copy of (which would match how they handled Disciples) than Upholidng Authority as card 23 would make sense.

Disciples is also a special case, as a clan pack. Dynasty packs will almost certainly keep their 3x 20 cards, and we'll Just get 3 copies of the strongholds. But there's always a chance one or more packs will include 3 provinces. 

If they did a stronghold at the 1, 21, 41, 61, 81, and 101 slots, that would leave us with 6 strongholds amongst the 7 clans.  With Phoenix getting their new stronghold already and Scorpion getting their new stronghold next, that would be a perfect fit to give the remaining 5 clans that haven't received a stronghold yet and then have that 6th stronghold go to a new faction...............Mantis, Shadowlands, Imperial. 

It would be kind of hysterical if they did a new stronghold for every clan except Unicorn.

What this means to me is that lion will be the last novella released. 

Making the novella releases in a particular order makes sense both logistically and in order to tell a cohesive narrative.   Part of that plan is to release the clan packs with the novels. Given the long time frame this will involve, means that the last novels , and therefore clan, will have a really long time before getting support. Putting the strongholds in the clan packs in a reverse order (more or less) helps take the sting out of that wait

1 hour ago, Kakita Shiro said:

I think it'll be two Provinces per pack except the one or ones with a Stronghold.

Demonstrating Excellence, the Air Province coming in Breath of the Kami, is clearly Card 3, however. With the Lion SH as Card 1, there is one card between the Elemental specific province and the Lion SH.

This actually holds to the pattern of potentially a new SH in each Dynasty Pack, since we know the Earth province in Tainted Lands is Upholding Authority and is card 23. If the Lion SH is part of the "twenty new cards" and not just extra, this actually may indicate that we will have a pattern of SH, Clan Province, Neutral Province at the start of each pack.

14 hours ago, sndwurks said:

Demonstrating Excellence, the Air Province coming in Breath of the Kami, is clearly Card 3, however. With the Lion SH as Card 1, there is one card between the Elemental specific province and the Lion SH.

This actually holds to the pattern of potentially a new SH in each Dynasty Pack, since we know the Earth province in Tainted Lands is Upholding Authority and is card 23. If the Lion SH is part of the "twenty new cards" and not just extra, this actually may indicate that we will have a pattern of SH, Clan Province, Neutral Province at the start of each pack.

Or that the Lion SH occupies the slot of a Lion Dynasty or Conflict card in development even if it is card number one.

6 minutes ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Or that the Lion SH occupies the slot of a Lion Dynasty or Conflict card in development even if it is card number one.

The pattern established in the Imperial Cycle and Core Set is as follows:

• Strongholds (Clans by alphabet)
  • Provinces (Clan by alphabet, then Neutral)
  • Dynasty (Characters by Fate cost then Holdings, sorted by Clan alphabetically then Neutral)
  • Conflict (Characters by Fate, then Attachments by Fate, then Events by Fate; sorted by Clan alphabetically then Neutral)

If Hisu Mori Toride is holding the slot of a Lion Dynasty or Conflict card in development (when we know it is card 1 in the Elemental Cycle), it would be outside the pattern of card numbering already established by FFG.

Just now, sndwurks said:

The pattern established in the Imperial Cycle and Core Set is as follows:

• Strongholds (Clans by alphabet)
  • Provinces (Clan by alphabet, then Neutral)
  • Dynasty (Characters by Fate cost then Holdings, sorted by Clan alphabetically then Neutral)
  • Conflict (Characters by Fate, then Attachments by Fate, then Events by Fate; sorted by Clan alphabetically then Neutral)

If Hisu Mori Toride is holding the slot of a Lion Dynasty or Conflict card in development (when we know it is card 1 in the Elemental Cycle), it would be outside the pattern of card numbering already established by FFG.

What I'm suggesting is that there may only be two Lion cards in the pack, the Stronghold (card #1 that you seem so fixated on) and either a Dynasty card OR a Conflict card.

1 hour ago, Kakita Shiro said:

What I'm suggesting is that there may only be two Lion cards in the pack, the Stronghold (card #1 that you seem so fixated on) and either a Dynasty card OR a Conflict card.

I disagree with that.  The layout of the card numbers and things we know make it such that the Lion get their 2 cards as normal, or Crane and/or Phoenix get too many.  I'll put an extract from my worksheet below.  The parts in red are pure speculation, whilst those in black are things that we have seen, or can be inferred from things we have read.

1 Hisu Mori Toride Y Lion Stronghold
2       Province
3 Demonstrating Excellence   Neutral Province
4     Crab Dynasty
5     Crab Dynasty
6 Fu Sui Disciple   Crane Dynasty
7     Dragon Dynasty
8     Lion Dynasty
9 Isawa Uona Y Phoenix Dynasty
10     Scorpion Dynasty
11 Shinjo Shono Y Unicorn Dynasty
12 Shiotome Encampment   Unicorn Dynasty
13 Kudaka Y Neutral Dynasty
14     Neutral Dynasty
15 The Mirror's Gaze   Crane Conflict
16       Conflict
17 Hurricane Punch   Dragon Conflict
18     Lion Conflict
19 Winds of Change   Phoenix Conflict
20     Scorpion Conflict

As you can see, Lion Dynasty slots in perfectly with Dragon between the known Crane (6) and Phoenix (9) personalities, while Lion Conflict goes between 17 and 19.  I reckon 14 is probably a neutral Holding.  Maybe a Shrine to Kami-no-kaze?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that 16 is the Dragon Ancestral Sword.  (It can't be the Crane Sword, because Shukujo comes before The Mirror's Gaze, and I doubt they'd make a 'set' of ancestral weapons with different costs.)

23 hours ago, Schmoozies said:
On 6/7/2018 at 2:19 PM, Thaddok said:

Regarding Mirror's gaze... unless something very strange is going on with rulings here, you will still need to meet and pay all non-fate costs related to the copied event and meet all targeting restrictions.  This means 3 honor for copying Assassination, sacrificing a crab personality for Way of the Crab, and most likely failing to find any valid targets for copying Way of the Scorpion.

Thaddok.

PS: This explanation is based on the rulings for the Scorpion personality: Illustrious Plagiarist: https://fiveringsdb.com/card/illustrious-plagiarist

Except that Mirror is worded very differently from Plagiarist as it mentions ignoring costs and play conditions which Plagiarist does not.  All Plagiarist does is paste a copy of the events text onto itself as a playable actions (which would include the non-fate costs which are included in the action description.

I reread the Mirror text more closely and I see that the wording implies that all costs are ignored... in this case Mirror would ignore Assassination's 3 honor cost.  However, targeting is still required, so Way of the Scorpion would still fail (assuming the Scorpion player only has Scorpion characters in play).

On the flip side, I am a little confused... what would be the definition of a "triggering condition" exactly?  Could you Mirror a card saying "play only as the attacker" when your opponent is the attacker and you are defending?

Thaddok

4 minutes ago, Thaddok said:

On the flip side, I am a little confused... what would be the definition of a "triggering condition" exactly?  Could you Mirror a card saying "play only as the attacker" when your opponent is the attacker and you are defending?

I believe "Triggering condition" refers to that which allows a reaction or interrupt to be played.

On 6/7/2018 at 12:08 PM, Barbacuo said:

So... three copies of the SH, 1 extra card per pack, or aditional singletons inside that pack?

Unless something has changed, it will be 3 copies. Consider that operationally it's cheaper for them (and therefore for you) print,  collate and pack 20 cards 3 times (even if some of them are going to be useless) that make arrangements for some cards to be printed once, other thrice in the same cardsheet.

42 minutes ago, Mon no Oni said:

Unless something has changed, it will be 3 copies. Consider that operationally it's cheaper for them (and therefore for you) print,  collate and pack 20 cards 3 times (even if some of them are going to be useless) that make arrangements for some cards to be printed once, other thrice in the same cardsheet.

Yeah, that's the kind of things I usually think are the reason... but then you have the Mythos Packs or Adventure Packs which includes doubles and singles at the same price. They could have used the free slots for provinces or roles.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:33 AM, Danwarr said:

Additionally, Crane doesn't have a ton of native Shugenja to run it with, though I suppose Scorpion or Phoenix could play the card fairly easily.

Few native shugenja might not be a major set back considering that the 2 revealed Mantis characters are both Shugenja. The more neutral shugenja are added the more accessible spells are to all clans.

43 minutes ago, Swordbreaker said:

f5ilf9cyvx211.jpg

According to a redditor: 2 fate, 0/3/2, courtier, "While this character is participating in a conflict, choose a participating dishonored character – Bow that character"

Can they spot the card number?  It could be twenty-something if she's a conflict character.  I concur on the text.  The flavour looks like

"She does not even deign to look upon those whom she considers her inferiors."

4 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Can they spot the card number?  It could be twenty-something if she's a conflict character.  I concur on the text.  The flavour looks like

I don't believe so, but she's from Underhand of the Emperor, not the Elemental Cycle, and she's a conflict character without influence.

1 minute ago, Swordbreaker said:

I don't believe so, but she's from Underhand of the Emperor, not the Elemental Cycle, and she's a conflict character without influence.

That makes sense.  I was slightly confused by the apparent C and no scrolls.

5 hours ago, Swordbreaker said:

f5ilf9cyvx211.jpg

According to a redditor: 2 fate, 0/3/2, courtier, "While this character is participating in a conflict, choose a participating dishonored character – Bow that character"

Did anyone by chance translate the flavor text?

1 minute ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Did anyone by chance translate the flavor text?

4 hours ago, Tonbo Karasu said: