Indy_com

Hold Your Ground + Frontal Assault - New Support Units For Each Faction

1 minute ago, VAYASAN said:

What if you dont get breakthrough...increasingly likely with more cards coming soon?

Stand there out of range all game?

Im not trying to be an ****....just genuinely trying to work out if that might be the case sometimes?

I think that's part of the evolving strategy. You should make sure you don't play long march, and if you do because it's the 3rd deployment, you should go for an objective that suites your army.

10 minutes ago, VAYASAN said:

What does the rebel gun do when you play long march?

Depends on the other cards. If "Emplacement Troopers" are considered "Troopers" (which I think is likely), and if you have Rapid Reinforcements, you hold them until turn 2 then place them anywhere outside of Range 2 of your opponent's units. Place it on an objective in your deployment zone to hold it, depends on the whole situation.

Placing it all the way forward means you can still hit a significant portion of the board. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

1 minute ago, VAYASAN said:

What if you dont get breakthrough...increasingly likely with more cards coming soon?

Stand there out of range all game?

Im not trying to be an ****....just genuinely trying to work out if that might be the case sometimes?

There are control the objective missions these can be in range to use. I think the Eweb will be fine but yeah, the radar dish gun is a hard play. You have to some how get very favorable deployment and objective missions to make them work.

I am guessing in the future we will have a commander that will be able to make them do a move. Maybe old Ackbar and have them move into position and set up a trap.

27 minutes ago, shmitty said:

The Tower is really gonna want Major Offensive or Advanced Positions.  Either of those deployments give it good options for covering lots of objectives.

Long March, Intercept Transmissions. It can score an objective from initial deployment. Also, it has the range to threaten the middle objective and with a Barrage Generator can threaten to panick Corps units off the middle if their commander is dead.

Edited by MasterShake2

2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Technically speaking, it cannot do move and attack actions in the same activation....

Pivot is supposed to be a move action, but if you look at the E-Web card, it says that cumbersome doesn't care about pivot which is totally bonkers...

10 minutes ago, Deuzerre said:

Pivot is supposed to be a move action, but if you look at the E-Web card, it says that cumbersome doesn't care about pivot which is totally bonkers...

But it makes sense. Once the tripod is deployed, the gunner’s not going to move it, just swivel the blaster at whatever it wants to shoot. 

tripods arent fixed facing, they can spin on the stand with relative ease. The fact that its fixed front just shows that its just clunky enough to not be able to whip around effortlessly, which it definitely isnt without effort.

However picking the whole thing up and moving, even with two people, would be clunky as ****.

1 hour ago, FSD said:

But it makes sense. Once the tripod is deployed, the gunner’s not going to move it, just swivel the blaster at whatever it wants to shoot. 

Well it's more about the fact that the rule changes to make a pivot not count as a move for move related penalties is in itself kinda derp, though for the E-Web itself it could just have had an other keyword like "fast pivot" or something.

BTW, anyone else noticed the 14 uses the very large (AT-ST/airspeeder) base and the E-Web only uses the medium (bike/ATRT) notched bases?

Edited by Deuzerre

1 hour ago, Vineheart01 said:

tripods arent fixed facing, they can spin on the stand with relative ease. The fact that its fixed front just shows that its just clunky enough to not be able to whip around effortlessly, which it definitely isnt without effort.

However picking the whole thing up and moving, even with two people, would be clunky as ****.

Realistically it would probably be a three person crew but since we only saw two troopers use it in episode V...

4 minutes ago, Wulff_Yularen said:

Where can the laser cannon team be deployed? Must it be deployed in your deployment zone?

Yes, unless it is one of the Trooper units you select for Rapid Reinforcement (if I'm interpreting the rules interactions correctly for Emplacement Troopers).

27 minutes ago, Deuzerre said:

Well it's more about the fact that the rule changes to make a pivot not count as a move for move related penalties is in itself kinda derp, though for the E-Web itself it could just have had an other keyword like "fast pivot" or something.

BTW, anyone else noticed the 14 uses the very large (AT-ST/airspeeder) base and the E-Web only uses the medium (bike/ATRT) notched bases?

The only weapon that was Cumbersome until now was the HH-12 and Troopers do not perform Pivots since their facing doesn't matter.  I'm thinking the updated RRG has been delayed for so long because they are adding quite a bit of text to it and didn't want to have to go through the approval process repeatedly.

To your second statement, how can you tell the base size from the articles?

12 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

To your second statement, how can you tell the base size from the articles?

You can use the troopers for scale. Looks to me like the E-WEB is on an AT-RT base and the Dish is on an AT-ST base.

JhwmvNF.png

@Contrapulator Fair enough...unless I can invoke the "FFG articles are notoriously wrong" excuse...lol

As for tactics with the FD, if you give it the Barrage Generator you can deny an 18" radius to troops and vehicles.  You get 5 black+2 white with Impact 2 and Suppressive on your attacks.  Use your activation to Aim+Standby and if anything moves within Range 3 you get a shot at it.

It is a denial tactic so you are spending 80 points that may not "earn back its points" but that isn't necessarily what you use this unit for

Edited by NeonWolf

It’s definitely going to be important to pick the right deployment/objective cards with the FD.  It could be great on certain setups, especially given the long range (which other rebel units lack), but if you hose yourself during the card selection it could be nearly useless.

1 hour ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Yes, unless it is one of the Trooper units you select for Rapid Reinforcement (if I'm interpreting the rules interactions correctly for Emplacement Troopers).

I would be interested in knowing this as well. The Rules Reference explicitly references "Unit Types and Subtypes". I am guessing that "Emplacement Trooper" could be a Trooper subtype. One thing is that it would seem obvious that the Laser Cannon needs to be immune to displacement otherwise it would be too easy to push into a useless position.

4 hours ago, Zerker said:

I would be interested in knowing this as well. The Rules Reference explicitly references "Unit Types and Subtypes". I am guessing that "Emplacement Trooper" could be a Trooper subtype. One thing is that it would seem obvious that the Laser Cannon needs to be immune to displacement otherwise it would be too easy to push into a useless position.

Alternatively, if it doesn’t change Luke could force push his own turrets across the field ?