Indy_com

Hold Your Ground + Frontal Assault - New Support Units For Each Faction

The Empire's E-Web is also up: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/6/rebel-assault/

swl04_long-range_comlink.pngswl14_hq-uplink.png

I'm interested in your thoughts about HQ Uplink costing the same as Long-Range Comlink.  It has to be readied, but it otherwise significantly better. 

On a Snowspeeder with Wedge, I don't know why you'd take LRC over HQ Uplink.

Edited by Duciris

2 minutes ago, Duciris said:

The Empire's E-Web is also up: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/6/rebel-assault/

swl04_long-range_comlink.pngswl14_hq-uplink.png

I'm interested in your thoughts about HQ Uplink costing the same as Long-Range Comlink.  It has to be readied, but it otherwise significantly better. 

On a Snowspeeder with Wedge, I don't know why you'd take LRC over HQ Uplink.

Of note, HQ Uplink has a lot of...interesting interactions. For example, the commandos have a comms slot, and My Ally is the Force gives a dodge to every trooper with an Order token, so you could potentially get 5 dodge tokens off of the card if you have 3 commandos with HQ Uplink. It's also funny that Veers' Imperial Discipline lets everything with an order recover, so using HQ on the Imperial Discipline turn is basically free because it will unexhaust right away.

These are also releasing in Q3! Which means we should expect Han and Boba much earlier than expected (Q3 is July, Aug, Sep). Han should be July, Boba, June, and both these should be Sep!

Also.. those rebel snow models... can't wait for those units!

Edited by jgibbs2

I noticed that both units are "Emplacement Troopers". I wonder how this new designation will work with objectives and "trooper only" commands. Will it be a sub-set of Troopers (like ground and repulser vehicles) or a new thing?

The units seem pretty different, and I think the E-Web is potentially better since it can pivot for free and move. However, range for the rebels is really nice, they needed that. 

Spla-ooge.

I'm just excited cause its a different looking mini. Or mini's? its one unit but theres 4 'objects' on it. THATs what i love!

OH. And i guess we found out what SWL14 and SWL15 are...lol

Edited by Galahax

Cool units.  First time Imperial has gotten a cheaper version of something.

Surprised there's zero Impact on the E-Web, but the surge to crit on 5 dice should give you at least one.  The red is actually reliable enough to make the average results even.  Move, Pivot, Standby is pretty awesome for it.  Neat that you can do this and later have Veers give it an aim if the Standby isn't triggered to really deny space.  Super happy its manned by Snowtroopers instead of Scouts.

The Rebel one oddly seems to encourage taking at AT-ST against it.  You can move in and attack it out of standby range.  It's still scary to a lot of things though and seems like a really solid option.  Seems like the on paper stronger one, but the limitations on it can definitely be exploited.

17 minutes ago, jgibbs2 said:

These are also releasing in Q3! Which means we should expect Han and Boba much earlier than expected (Q3 is July, Aug, Sep). Han should be July, Boba, June, and both these should be Sep!

Also.. those rebel snow models... can't wait for those units!

That's how it would have to work. (I assume you mean Aug for Boba) It seems optimistic and the article people don't always correlate with the release people, so I don't think it is wrong to doubt. If we see the neutral expansions released this month I'll have greater faith in FFG's ability to do monthly releases.