Da_Brown_Bomber

Firespray 2.0 gets much needed buffs

22 minutes ago, westiebestie said:

I agree about Slave 1 uses vs blockers or end game. I tend to have a playstyle with the Firespray to turn away and fire through rear arc rather than following (I play Kath rather than Boba mostly), but with Boba's new combination of ability and title that will be interesting.

that rear arc is awesome. its the one that normally gets most shots away. with no imperial firesprays in 2.0 i wonder if it will be possible to pay 3x generic scum firesprays. if not ill have one i can test against i guess.

hey westie, forget the costs for a moment, what scum list r u lookn fwd to playing? scum kath + binary pirates? ive always liked bobba for the high PS vs other aces but iv been know to fly kath on occasion.

Yeah loving the rear arc. If unsure about the opponents next move you can usually turn away and cover both bank directions within the rear arc.

Do you mean in 1.0 or 2.0? In 2.0 I look forward to tring these 3 lists if points fit:

-Boba/Marauder/Gunner Han/Perceptive copilot + Fenn or Guri + Ion cannon M3 for control

-Thematic Kath in Marauder + 4x  z95 w/Feedback array/ID or contraband cybernetics, maybe scrambler missiles

-Kooshka Frost + 4-LOM + Viktor Hel stressfest

How about you @Da_Brown_Bomber?

11 minutes ago, westiebestie said:

Perceptive copilot works with Marauder/gunner Han to give you (red) double focus after boosting in with Boba. Combine with reroll and he should be nasty. You are predictably blue the turn after but should be able to get a rear arc shot, with reroll from Marauder.

I'm loving that combo. Given Boba's PS it's likely he'll have full mods in general, and the double-arc keeps him relevant. I could even see him taking Contraband Cybernetics, assuming it still exists, to pull a second turn of shenanigans in a row, at the cost of a ton of stress tokens.

25 minutes ago, Astech said:

I'm loving that combo. Given Boba's PS it's likely he'll have full mods in general, and the double-arc keeps him relevant. I could even see him taking Contraband Cybernetics, assuming it still exists, to pull a second turn of shenanigans in a row, at the cost of a ton of stress tokens.

Cybernetics does exist, but it's a lot simpler.  It's just '1 charge, Before you activate you may spend 1 charge.  If you do, until the end of the round, you may perform actions and execute red manoeuvres, even while stressed'.

1 hour ago, Gersun said:

I am excited to run Kath and her pirates all armed with dead man's switches. So scummy. Who doesn't like hurting the enemy when you die?

Feedback array is also a kick in the nuts move that scum players get and is decent vs those no shields high agility pilots. when imperial aces lists were popular i ran a list that had 2 jumpmasters and two Z-95s all with feedback array :)

55 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Feedback array is also a kick in the nuts move that scum players get and is decent vs those no shields high agility pilots. when imperial aces lists were popular i ran a list that had 2 jumpmasters and two Z-95s all with feedback array :)

Note that 2e Feedback Array only works on ships you're bumped with.  It's not range 1 any more.

2 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Note that 2e Feedback Array only works on ships you're bumped with.  It's not range 1 any more.

Good that you want to bump your generics to have Kath deal extra. 

Maybe I need another headhunter, only have 3...

Edited by flooze

46 minutes ago, elfholme said:

My favorite ship in the game. I hope to be able to fly it competitively in 2e...

You can also fly it competitively in 1e

But glad you like the ship, hopefully it brings you fun and competitive success, regardless of edition

53 minutes ago, flooze said:

You can also fly it competitively in 1e

But glad you like the ship, hopefully it brings you fun and competitive success, regardless of edition

Your confidence in my abilities is flattering, and I DID take two Firesprays to GenCon Nationals in 2016... :)

I like the ship no matter the edition. I won my first one as a prize in a pre-release tournament years ago. I’ll miss them in the Imperial faction, though I get the reason for the change.

I ran an X-Wing demo at a convention a couple weeks ago. What did I play? Scum Boba. I flew him right off the table about halfway through the game (by a mm...medium base will help me!), but he was still loads of fun! :)

If I play in the Nationals this year (signed up but more focused on 2e), I’ll probably take a Firespray and something else.

Edited by elfholme

50 minutes ago, elfholme said:

If I play in the Nationals this year (signed up but more focused on 2e), I’ll probably take a Firespray and something else.

A lancer fits quite well

I like to pair Kath and Asajj, there is also a list called Moby d.ick which features Ketsu and Boba if I remember correctly (the . is included due to forum filter for ****) 

Or abuse Emon before the bombs change forever

Edited by flooze