Da_Brown_Bomber

Firespray 2.0 gets much needed buffs

Kinda hard to go to far on a ship that doesn't independently generate additional modifiers.

They just made it more maneuverable (thank christ, because it's literally the only ship I've ever flown off the table; there was NO REASON turrets for turrets to be more maneuverable than it) and gave it a red reinforce

3 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Kinda hard to go to far on a ship that doesn't independently generate additional modifiers.

They just made it more maneuverable (thank christ, because it's literally the only ship I've ever flown off the table; there was NO REASON turrets for turrets to be more maneuverable than it) and gave it a red reinforce

Not to mention Imperial Boba's ability. 

I love the imperial Boba ability! Are you crazy? It was so much fun to fly Fettigator in 1.0. If you want to run dual 'sprays Koshka Frost and Boba will still be quite potent. Outmaneuver will be much stronger in 2e because everything else got nerfed, so expect the Slave-1 title to be paired with that for maximum effectiveness.

3 hours ago, markcsoul said:

They took one of the worst titles in the 1.0 game and added imp boba's ability which was pretty bad as well.

Imperial Boba's pilot ability was bad because it was, well, his pilot ability, making Boba mostly a PS8 generic. It will be a lot better now that you can toss it on top of Scum Boba's much more powerful ability.

16 hours ago, Boom Owl said:

Lots to be excited about for the firespray. White boost and the Medium base will make that rear arc very good. And putting Maul on as a crew suddenly gives you a force using Boba Fett maybe? 

dLsIClf.png

0wkO9SI.png

cKFNSUH.png

Qt1I5xy.png

marauder vs slave 1.  im thinking that adding a gunner slot is a little more useful than trops. I do think end game slave1 could be pretty annoying. pretty nifty on high PS pilot. makes ur firespray tricky to block vs swarmy style lists and gives you a sizeable positioning advantage vs enemy ships that have lower PS than you. those 1 sharp turns and boost action gives you unpredictable repositioning options.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Marauder title grants reroll 1 dice in the rear arc. And adds gunner slot. Will be good on all of them, but great with Kooshka Frost who can then reroll 2 dice if the victim is also stressed.

Boba with Slave 1 and Fearless/Predator (R1 bullseye should happen with boost), Contraband cybernetics/ID and Perceptive copilot/Zuckus crew. So much potential. Ah, can't wait. Will probably cost a lot though, I'm expecting ~100-120 for that build.

Kath and Kooshka in Marauder, and Emon in Andrasta with bomb galore. Great with 3 titles. :)

Regarding Reinforce, well it's not as easy to do the math now that it's capped. But on avg you roll 0.5 eyes on 2 green dice. So a focus removes avg 0.5 damage. Reinforce removes 1 damage down to min 1. So if the damage was 3-4 Reinforce would always be better even vs one attack. I.e. if you are facing multiple shots, or 4 reds (Dash will be everywhere/Proton torp T65s) then it's interesting. Otherwise I'd say perceptive copilot is very allround and helps with both offence and defense, and Boba's reroll will also turn the tide towards focus action for him, unless he needs to boost to get R1.

Maybe Kath with 2 Contracted Scouts feat Intimidation. Depending on points. In 1.0 it would be 38+54=92pts leaving some room for upgrades. In 2.0 the Firespray is buffed and I can see it going up slightly whereas the Jumpmaster is heavily nerfed but was undercosted so I can see it staying roughly around 50 (=25) or possibly going down some. Given that Miranda is 45 (if correct) they should be less than that I think, both being 2-die PWT ships but Miranda vastly superior in every regard.

Edited by westiebestie

Thinking a HWK, Boba and Fenn list could have some legs. 

The HWK either stealing tokens or putting people down to Initiative 0, coordinating actions on to Boba or Fenn for increased action economy, Fenn rolling five dice at people and Boba being a decent late game ship . . I can see some fun with this. 

Add in the Slave 1 title and Boba becomes quite slippery with his dial changes and being able to equip Ion Torps could also add some punch since they should be Lock + focused. 

Boba could also see some use with the freelance slicer, dishing out some jam tokens. 

@Viktus106 sounds good but I doubt it will fit in 200p. Boba should be ~80 naked, Fenn rau probably costs more now, let's guess 65. Palob is much improved and should be min 40. I So that's 185 without upgrades if I'm correct. Add squad leader and slave 1 and you'll probably have not much left but lots of slots to fill.

I'm anticipating 200 to cover Fenn, Guri and squad leader Palob. But I'd be happy if I was guessing too high though! 

Also, Marauder title and new gunner Han, heck yeah on the Firespray! Boba will be very good with this. Full dice mods even after boosting, yeah baby. 

swz04_a1_upgrade-card-han.png

Edited by westiebestie

21 hours ago, westiebestie said:

@Viktus106 sounds good but I doubt it will fit in 200p. Boba should be ~80 naked, Fenn rau probably costs more now, let's guess 65. Palob is much improved and should be min 40. I So that's 185 without upgrades if I'm correct. Add squad leader and slave 1 and you'll probably have not much left but lots of slots to fill.

I'm anticipating 200 to cover Fenn, Guri and squad leader Palob. But I'd be happy if I was guessing too high though! 

Also, Marauder title and new gunner Han, heck yeah on the Firespray! Boba will be very good with this. Full dice mods even after boosting, yeah baby. 

swz04_a1_upgrade-card-han.png

scum bobba teamed up with han solo gunner?  that improved dial on the firespray will make shedding stress much easier. scum has some interesting new options. very cool.

I've always liked the Firespray but it has been a little disappointing (except when I took Imperial Kath to 2nd place in my first ever tournament).

All the changes to the Firespray for 2.0 (especially medium bases, which are something I've wanted for a long time!) have me SUPER pumped to fly it!

I'm picturing the generics at around 63 squad points (65 at higher PS with an EPT), Kath somewhere around 72 and boba at 76 base. They're good ships, just not amazing, and FFG will have accounted for their endgame weaknesses in costing, I hope.

47 minutes ago, Astech said:

I'm picturing the generics at around 63 squad points (65 at higher PS with an EPT), Kath somewhere around 72 and boba at 76 base. They're good ships, just not amazing, and FFG will have accounted for their endgame weaknesses in costing, I hope.

makes sense. 3 generics in one list possible. two name pilots with crew/gunner and EPT.

4-5 x generic Z95s with Kath will be an archetype. Lando plus Kath/Bobba will also be possible

11 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

makes sense. 3 generics in one list possible. two name pilots with crew/gunner and EPT.

4-5 x generic Z95s with Kath will be an archetype. Lando plus Kath/Bobba will also be possible

It's especially nice that each generic can have 3 points of upgrades on it. The new point scale gives added flexibility yet again.

If a Binayre Pirate mini swarm and Kath becomes a thing I'll be very happy. I'm also thinking Asajj/Boba will remain in force.

I played 1.0 Boba yesterday, with Engine upgrade, and have to say those 1 turns and the native boost  in 2.0 will help, but the Medium base will be the biggest thing. Hope to see Glitterstim return at some later date but gunner Han can fulfil a similar role. Perceptive copilot should be good as far as crew goes. Zuckus/Slave1 if you don't take gunner Han/Marauder, but in last nights game I'm not sure I would have wanted to use the Slave1 ability any time. Maybe once when I misread Dash's intention. So far I'm leaning towards Boba/Marauder/Han/Perceptive in my theory-crafting. :)

(Went 2-0 with Boba+Talonbane+Sunny bounder vs Dash+Rey yesterday)

40 minutes ago, westiebestie said:

I played 1.0 Boba yesterday, with Engine upgrade, and have to say those 1 turns and the native boost  in 2.0 will help, but the Medium base will be the biggest thing. Hope to see Glitterstim return at some later date but gunner Han can fulfil a similar role. Perceptive copilot should be good as far as crew goes. Zuckus/Slave1 if you don't take gunner Han/Marauder, but in last nights game I'm not sure I would have wanted to use the Slave1 ability any time. Maybe once when I misread Dash's intention. So far I'm leaning towards Boba/Marauder/Han/Perceptive in my theory-crafting. :)

(Went 2-0 with Boba+Talonbane+Sunny bounder vs Dash+Rey yesterday)

nice report.i think slave1 title is interesting. it will need some testing. i suspect it will shine in matchups where u are avoiding low PS blockers or possibly in an endgame where ur firespray moves last and can reposition when giving chase.

I agree about Slave 1 uses vs blockers or end game. I tend to have a playstyle with the Firespray to turn away and fire through rear arc rather than following (I play Kath rather than Boba mostly), but with Boba's new combination of ability and title that will be interesting.