Da_Brown_Bomber

Firespray 2.0 gets much needed buffs

Now with an improved dial, red talon rolls and 1 sharp turns and medium base the Firespray looks like it will rise from the ashes of 1.0 where is was squeezed out of the meta almost entirely by cheaper and more easily upgraded jumpmasters. Even shadowcaster was a more playable platform.

I am predicting FFG will limit the new firespray to 3 per list for generics and two for named pilots. Isnt the 2.0 firespray limited to SCUM now? Suits me as I am a scum player and I loved the 1.0 firespray and will now have many more competitive options with 2.0 scum firesprays. Protectorates. Hawk. Shadowcaster. Z-95's. These are some of the support ships im looking forward to pairing with my firespray 2.0.

The medium base will make the firespray a bit harder to get shots on. Its durability in 1.0 was always an issue and all but the most skilled players would have trouble keeping it on the table for long.

46 minutes ago, Admiral Deathrain said:

The Firespray is the main reason I don't consider dumping my scum collection.

Its 2.0 version has superior manuverability with its dial plus BOOST action and will be harder to block with its new medium base.  

3 dice rear arc is really good in a game where mobile firing arcs are the standard on large ships. its upgrade slots will be interesting.

Veteran Tail Gunner looks amazing on the 2.0 firespray. Front attack followed by a free rear attack. Sign me up. Looks like you have to take Marauder unique upgrade to get the gunner slot. Just hope its not too expensive to run this. Tail Gunner could be hard to utilize though, you would have to weigh up how many dual shots you would get in a game. It will take a skilled player to position perfectly but with 1 sharp turns and talon rolls to dial up it might be alarmingly effective in the hands of skilled player ;)

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

And it's red.  And on a 2-green-die ship.  So honestly, probably the least meaningful upgrade the 'spray has received, but still super nice.

i guess its best used when multiple attackers get shots at you from the same side. reduction better than a single evade but perhaps not as good as focus? 

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Ehhh, it depends on the attacks coming in and how well modded they are.

Your native dice are likely to reduce many if not most attacks down to 1 damage anyway, especially if you're running Boba.

You're probably better off taking a focus token (or maybe 2 with Perceptive Copilot).

At least, on paper.  It may be that in practice those two dice don't take most attacks down to 1 damage, so Reinforce is better - but it's also red, still.

I wonder if there will be a Reinforce version of Tactical Officer...

20 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Ehhh, it depends on the attacks coming in and how well modded they are.

Your native dice are likely to reduce many if not most attacks down to 1 damage anyway, especially if you're running Boba.

You're probably better off taking a focus token (or maybe 2 with Perceptive Copilot).

At least, on paper.  It may be that in practice those two dice don't take most attacks down to 1 damage, so Reinforce is better - but it's also red, still.

I wonder if there will be a Reinforce version of Tactical Officer...

Possibly a future modification.

As with everything in X-wing, it all depends.

Remember that an Evade doesn't give a free result.  It will turn a failed green die into a success.   A Focus turns all eyeballs into a success.  So.... if you rolled 2 green dice and got successes, it would be better to have the Reinforce, because you would block 3 results (to min of 1).  Then again, that only works if you get hit with 4.  

It's great if getting shot by more than 1 as it works for all.   All dependent on what's going on.

Bobba Fett gives rerolls, but you might not always use him.  Might not have the new Recon Spec (whatever copilot).  It all depends.  

Love the old spray, looking forward to the new one

I am really excited about the reinforce. Maybe I think it is stronger than it will be, but I can imagine that it fits my style, even if I only use it once per game. 

Btw: do we know anything about glitterstim 2.0?

45 minutes ago, flooze said:

Love the old spray, looking forward to the new one

I am really excited about the reinforce. Maybe I think it is stronger than it will be, but I can imagine that it fits my style, even if I only use it once per game. 

Btw: do we know anything about glitterstim 2.0?

Not been spotted yet to the best of my knowledge.