Vellcrow

My new custom mats from Inked Gaming

1 hour ago, Malabor said:

Wow!  Nice job on those!!

Now the real questions....where can I get one and who do I throw my money at?

?

He told you - Inked Gaming using an image from Mel's Miniatures.  I've had the same Scarif mat for about a year now using Inked Gaming with the same Mel's Miniatures image.  I dunno where the Jakku image came from, however.

Edited by weisguy119

Yes, the Scarif artwork is from Mel Miniatures and the Jakku image is from somewhere online (I don't remember where).  Both were printed at Inked Gaming.  I used the Memorial Day sale to get both at 25% off.  My shipped total was $95.99

Here is the Jakku image that I enhanced the stars on.  The Scarif image is somewhere on this very forum.  Thanks again, Mel!

iP08fWY.jpg

Edited by Vellcrow

5 hours ago, Malabor said:

are the mats from Inked Gaming as thick and durable as the FFG official mats?

Mine were just as thick and durable.  I have the FFG Starfield and Death Star mats and did not see a noticeable difference.  The only things I noted were that Inked Gaming mats have squared corners and the cut is not exactly 36x36, it was more like 36x35.75, and you would not even notice unless you had it next to an FFG mat.

I am more than satisfied and will probably order another one or two down the road.

20 minutes ago, Vellcrow said:

Mine were just as thick and durable.  I have the FFG Starfield and Death Star mats and did not see a noticeable difference.  The only things I noted were that Inked Gaming mats have squared corners and the cut is not exactly 36x36, it was more like 36x35.75, and you would not even notice unless you had it next to an FFG mat. 

I am more than satisfied and will probably order another one or two down the road. 

The FFG mats have all been variable sizes over the last few years as well so that minor difference isn't a major issue.

1 hour ago, thelogicdump said:

The FFG mats have all been variable sizes over the last few years as well so that minor difference isn't a major issue.

True.  My FFG mats are not exactly the same size either.  I was just giving as many details as possible.

16 hours ago, Vellcrow said:

awesome.  Thanks for the info!  

Looks like InkedGaming has all sorts of nifty stuff. 

Booo..  Was hoping if they say had a store in one of the cities i'd be pasing through, from Columbus oh (Well reynoldsburg) up to Des Moines Iowa, when i go up to take care of my brother (getting out of hospital after having part of his foot chopped off due to a flesh eating bacteria, and having some diabeties issues it seems), i could pop in, and buy a couple without the worry of the shipping costs..

8 hours ago, LTuser said:

Booo..  Was hoping if they say had a store in one of the cities i'd be pasing through, from Columbus oh (Well reynoldsburg) up to Des Moines Iowa, when i go up to take care of my brother (getting out of hospital after having part of his foot chopped off due to a flesh eating bacteria, and having some diabeties issues it seems), i could pop in, and buy a couple without the worry of the shipping costs..

A custom Inked Gaming mat is $59.99 and they offer free U.S. shipping on orders over $50, so...

Plus, I am pretty sure that all mats are made to order, even the standard non-custom ones they offer.  Also, I think basic shipping is only $5-6 more on average.