Gun4hire

Opinions on if in competitive tournaments they should put a max limit on number of units in list or if a player timer should be used?

1 hour ago, Amanal said:

Losing because you didn't get lucky, did something stupid or just plain and simple got out played is fine.

Losing because your opponent played too slow is a rubbish reason to lose. I don't see cheating being a good thing at all.

Stalling is cheating. But 4 to 5 rounds in 2 hours is OK and usually not cheating. And actually, I haven't seen a tournament game, that didn't go to round 4 (til now). You need to obviously stall a game, if you're not going to round 4 (more than 40 minutes per round).

I have played in 3 tournaments myself (total of 9 games). I am a very competitive player and play as such. None of my games have reached time limit (2 hour time limit for all 3 tournies). If you know the rules and play at a respectable rate there should be no issue getting through all 6 rounds IMO. And I have played the 10 act armies in these tournies.

Slow play is something people can do to a certain extent. I'm not an idiot if they're doing it intentionally I would call them out for it and get the judge. People who do this are just scum(if intentional). I play some guys who loooovvvve to talk and I just gotta ignore them sometimes lol. Tourney play is a lot faster than casual play.

1 hour ago, DerBaer said:

But the red player has the last choice on "Defining the Battlfield", so it's his own fault, if that mission is played?

It is, unless it's the last card. Even so, I don't think it's an overwhelming advantage, provided a full 6 rounds. I can see it being difficult for the red player to knock the blue player off of an objective if a game only goes 4 rounds