Jarval

Extreme Action preview - Saw's Renegades in 2nd Edition

Kullbee Sperado looks like a ton of fun! Talk about economy! 

“Can switch the position of his S-foils with lightning-quick reflexes, flipping his Servomotor S-foils upgrade card after performing a barrel roll or boost. This frees him to focus while his S-foils are closed, perform a red boost action, then open his S-foils and prepare to attack, all in a single activation.”

1 minute ago, Hwarangdaem said:

It will probably come with 2.0 U-wing pack. As cool as it would be to get K2S0 in Renegades pack, it wouldn't make sense as K2S0 wasn't a Renegade. ?

I suppose I can see that. But it amazes me that this is the total opposite of Poe Dameron, who already got a fix and probably even a second edition iteration before we see the best U-wing pilot. But, that money has gotta be made. 

4 minutes ago, Hwarangdaem said:

It will probably come with 2.0 U-wing pack. As cool as it would be to get K2S0 in Renegades pack, it wouldn't make sense as K2S0 wasn't a Renegade. ?

If it was in the 2e U Wing, it would be in the 2e Rebel conversion kit.

Maybe in the first 2e Epic.  Hammerhead.  Yeah.  There's still hope.

Just now, Managarmr said:

Interesting, Saw reroll no longer on stressed ships, but range is extended to 3.

More importantly it includes 0 so it can be himself. If it were 1-3 it wouldn’t be able to reroll. 

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

If it was in the 2e U Wing, it would be in the 2e Rebel conversion kit.

Maybe in the first 2e Epic.  Hammerhead.  Yeah.  There's still hope.

As far as I know they said that only Wave 1 2.0 cards will be in Conversion kits (that is X-Wing, Y-Wing, Firespray, Fang Fighter, Tie Fighter and Tie Advanced.)
For B-Wing, u-wing Interceptor, bomber, scyk etc you would have to buy the packs (or the other way they have mentioned so you don't need to buy a ship to get those couple new cards they are putting on the packages)

So K2S0 would most likely be in the U-Wing expansion pack for 2.0 when it eventually comes

Edited by Hwarangdaem
typo

2 minutes ago, Hwarangdaem said:

As far as I know they said that only Wave 1 2.0 cards will be in Conversion kits (that is X-Wing, Y-Wing, Firespray, Fang Fighter, Tie Fighter and Tie Advanced.)
For B-Wing, u-wing Interceptor, bomber, scyk etc you would have to buy the packs (or the other way they have mentioned so you don't need to buy a ship to get those couple new cards they are putting on the packages)

So K2S0 would most likely be in the U-Wing expansion pack for 2.0 when it eventually comes

That's not what's been repeatedly stated.

The current understanding I have is that there won't be any content in the 2e versions of 1e ships that's not in the conversion kits, at any point.

1 minute ago, thespaceinvader said:

The current understanding I have is that there won't be any content in the 2e versions of 1e ships that's not in the conversion kits, at any point.

I think what's been said is that you'll get everything from Wave 1 in the conversion kits.  After that, they'll be doing some kind of upgrade packs for people who don't want to buy the full ship expansion that will just contain the cardboard for Wave 2 (or maybe 3 if Wave 2 is all First Order/Resistance) going forward.

4 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

I don't think that's right. Just wave one ship stuff are completely in the conversion kits. If later waves have new cards, veteran players will have a way to get them without buying a new model. K2 and totally show up in the 2ndE U-Wing when it drops.

1 minute ago, PanchoX1 said:

I don't think that's right. Just wave one ship stuff are completely in the conversion kits. If later waves have new cards, veteran players will have a way to get them without buying a new model. K2 and totally show up in the 2ndE U-Wing when it drops.

That is my understanding too and sorry if I made it sound unclear..

pretty sure they only mentioned the Wave1 packs will not have anything the conversions dont. Not any future releases.

Gotta remember, thats a TON of stuff they need to rerelease for newer players that if none of the old players buy will mean they make very little off of it. The initial 6 individual ships, however, they can squeak away with since the conversion kits are a thing for that wave.

12 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

As others have pointed out, that is not what has been stated.

The conversion kits will contain ships and pilots for everything that was in 1.0, and will contain everything in the first wave. It does not mean that the next 13 waves of 2.0 will only include pilots and upgrades that were already released in the Wave 1 Conversion kit, and will never introduce new things. That would be tremendously limiting.

I mean, we barely have any named A-Wing pilots. That cannot stand.

5 minutes ago, tortugatron said:

Isn’t the U-Wing suppose to have 2 base agility now?

Good spot, all of the other U-Wing cards we've seen so far have had 2 agility (including Benthic!)...

So the Partisan U-Wings lose a defense die and gain an illicit slot? Interesting.

I guess FFG is finally willing to make pilot cards vary by more than just having a pilot ability and whether there's a talent slot or not in 2.0. That definitely opens up more design space for them, at least.