exinfris

Terrain?

Just getting into Legion, and was wondering what everyone is doing for Terrain? Are you guys building your own (if so, are there any tutorials), or is everyone purchasing 3rd party (any links).

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, figured painting would be the place to get answers.

Yes to both.  I have made some Endor style redwood trees and styrofoam terrain, and painted up a rock from my back yard.  But I went out and bought an Endor bunker from a terrain maker.

There are tons of options in both camps.  It really just comes down to time Vs money and how much enjoyment you get out of crafting stuff.

You have a setting in mind?

You asked about tutorials - look up TableTop Oddity on YouTube.  He’s been doing lots of terrain.  Plenty of others if you just google it.

Edited by BigBadAndy
More thoughts

I'm absolutely building my own.  I've been looking into making videos about it, but, thing is, I've never done videos before so I'm still researching about how to get started with *that* element. 

If anyone has any advice about getting started with video making, I'd love to see it.

Imperial Terrain seems to be the premier place for terrain but they are back logged over a month. Etsy has several sellers of terrain, just search for legion terrain or miniature terrain.

I’m building mine slowly, ‘great stuff’ foam is good for large pieces, easy to carve and paint(just don’t use a rattle can on it!). Hot glue is an easy way to make durable plastic terrain. It’s also easy to take a household object or junk and coat it in hot glue to make a rock or an overgrown storage crate.