exinfris

Just starting Legion

Recently I was introduced to Legion by a friend, love the game. Can anyone give me some advice on building an Imperial list, ie units and cards that are a must for Imps?

42 minutes ago, exinfris said:

Recently I was introduced to Legion by a friend, love the game. Can anyone give me some advice on building an Imperial list, ie units and cards that are a must for Imps?

Everything is pretty good, but certain combos work out better than others.  My list building goes something like this:

4 minimum units of Troopers, ideally 5 or even 6.  2 DLT Stormtroopers for every unit of Flametroopers in general.
Veers often wants something big and scary to back him up.  Either an AT-ST or Veers.
Vader works on his own but eats up too much of a list with an AT-ST in it.
Fill out remaining points with bikes as best you can.  There's almost always a place for 1 or 2 units of them.

You could do vader, 4 dlt squads, 2 naked trooper squads, and an at-st.

Or vader, 5 dlt squads some with extra troopers and grenades or drop the upgrades for a sixth naked tropper squad.

Or vader, 4dlts, speeder bike, and at-st

797/800
Darth Vader [200]
Force Reflexes [15]
Saber Throw [10]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Stormtroopers [44]
DLT-19 Stormtrooper [24]

Snowtroopers [48]
Flametrooper [20]

AT-ST [195]
DW-3 Concussion Grenade Launcher [15]

74-Z Speeder Bikes [90]

This has some of everything. So you can try out the units and see which ones you like. Its only problem is its low activations number. The concensus is you wanna have 8-9 activations in competitive lists.

2 hours ago, exinfris said:

I would suggest splitting 1 or 2 core sets with someone, then build from there with what you like. My favorite units are DLTs and speeder bikes, but there's not a unit that I actually dislike, yet.

You kind need to split 2 core sets just so everyone gets dice, command cards, measuring gauges, mission cards, and the like.  2x Bikers, 4x Stormtroopers, Vader is a great start to a collection as well.