RedHotDice

2018 Worlds+2018 Euros won by shooting in arc and pilot skill, heres hoping 2.0 brings back turrets and bombs

2018 Worlds won by Scum Agressor Control Brobots and 2018 Euros won by Palp Aces, utterly smashing Ghost+Fenn and NymMiranda lists, we clearly need a new edition to bring back turrets and bombs. 

I am joking ofc. but I do find it funny that the very lists that were seen as the cancers oppressing in-arc lists that rewards good flying and seen as the need for me now going to shell out big bucks (instead of a comprehensive errata of costs or just point costs are now in the FREE APP) was indeed destroyed by in-arc lists and very good flying by top players. 

Edited by RedHotDice

To be honest, Control Bots are kinda cancer to play against too. Like you die a slow and painful death when you make one wrong move and you just want the game to end. Takes skill to play the list right, but man it’s not fun to play against someone that knows how to fly it.

Edited by Tbetts94

It's also worth considering that the dominating lists in the meta seldom win events like worlds unless they dominate by a very big margin (see Parattani or Dengaroo) because a lot of people tech against them. 

Even Palp Aces won Euros after it stopped beging the No 1 meta bogeyman and people stopped teching to beat it. 

Palp aces is a world away from Miranda in terms of skill, but was always really strong. When you have that many green dice + autothrusters, well green dice can be ***** but many times people felt like the aces were in danger when they weren't at all. The action efficiency of the aces and power of palp has been diminished in 2.0. Quickdraw hasn't even been addressed in 2.0,but she can't be in a list with palp at all anymore. 

The skill that particular player had with the bro bots was impressive. That said, it did have advanced sensors on both, bombs on one, and PTL. All of those things, plus the basic ion effect have been heavily rebalanced in 2.0.

I know, I know, more is probably changing in 2.0 than is staying the same, so these things weren't all necessarily cancer. Just changes that the folks at FFG wanted to happen at the same time as the turret/regen changes to create a more balanced and fun experience. 

I don't think the entry cost for 2.0 is really that much more than I planned to spend on new expansions anyway. It provides a completely reworked game with more liquid future balancing possibilities for that slightly higher price. I am really happy that FFG decided to devote so much attention to the game I love playing. 

Edited by RebelProfundity