Sign in to follow this  
JediPartisan

Anyone having problems getting stuff?

The qestion is in the title, and though I aim it more to people in countries other than the USA, I’m curious if US patrons are having problems too.

This started a while ago and with Armada. Shortly after a new ship release I was unable to get the new ships. It was only a couple weeks after release and the “Upcoming” section of this site said nothing about a reprint or being out of stock. Eventually I found another store that had some, so All was well, or so I thought. Lately (the last few months) I’ve been having trouble getting anything from FF, from a Legion core set, to Princess Leia (one week after release date), to just getting sleeves for cards. I was waiting a month for a second Legion Core set and the two game stores in my area said Asmodee claims, “they are out of stock”. Again there is nothing on this website about reprints or out of stock. I did try to contact FF to complain and this was their response:

Zach (Asmodee North America)

May 7, 15:45 CDT 

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/) and upcoming (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/) pages as that is where we announce all latest information regarding the releases and reprints of our games!

Our News and Upcoming pages are where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!

Thank you!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Zach
Customer Service Representative 
customerservice@asmodeena.com
?name=inline-974558051.png

Now it seems odd to me that they can’t even say when an item will be back in stock. Do they not have tracking software? It would seem important that a company keep track of when their stuff was going to be in. So this begs a horrible question, is there something going on? I know Asmodee has a horrible track record for shipping, being on time and fulfilling any kind or orders, but they seem to be taking this to a new level, or sinking further into the worst distributor ever.
Anyone have any info on this, or experiencing the same problem?

Leia and Fleet troopers got to my FLGS a week late, not a huge deal but Im glad I preordered from there since Amazon sold out of fleet troopers.

I believe the general consensus is that they under printed expansions, while also having shipping problems. Which makes sense since they are pumping out a ton of stuff for this game at once and making it so everyone gets theirs at the same time globally. Thats probably pretty difficult. 

If I were you, I'd just pre-order through your FLGS, or just preorder/ buy through Amazon. Higher odds of getting your stuff, without the risk. 

14 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

The qestion is in the title, and though I aim it more to people in countries other than the USA, I’m curious if US patrons are having problems too.

This started a while ago and with Armada. Shortly after a new ship release I was unable to get the new ships. It was only a couple weeks after release and the “Upcoming” section of this site said nothing about a reprint or being out of stock. Eventually I found another store that had some, so All was well, or so I thought. Lately (the last few months) I’ve been having trouble getting anything from FF, from a Legion core set, to Princess Leia (one week after release date), to just getting sleeves for cards. I was waiting a month for a second Legion Core set and the two game stores in my area said Asmodee claims, “they are out of stock”. Again there is nothing on this website about reprints or out of stock. I did try to contact FF to complain and this was their response:

Zach (Asmodee North America)

May 7, 15:45 CDT 

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. We suggest that you keep your eyes on our news (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/index/) and upcoming (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/) pages as that is where we announce all latest information regarding the releases and reprints of our games!

Our News and Upcoming pages are where we make all of our announcements on reprints and releases and I am unable to give you any more information. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!

Thank you!
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Zach
Customer Service Representative 
customerservice@asmodeena.com
?name=inline-974558051.png

Now it seems odd to me that they can’t even say when an item will be back in stock. Do they not have tracking software? It would seem important that a company keep track of when their stuff was going to be in. So this begs a horrible question, is there something going on? I know Asmodee has a horrible track record for shipping, being on time and fulfilling any kind or orders, but they seem to be taking this to a new level, or sinking further into the worst distributor ever.
Anyone have any info on this, or experiencing the same problem?

Preorder to avoid this otherwise it will be very hard to avoid product selling out. 

Fleet troopers only lasted a couple of days in my local store.

It is hard to blame FFG though. They are just being smart from a business sense. It is usually better if there seems like scarcity vs a bunch of product sitting on shelves and you avoid the risk of paying for inventory you can't offload.

Also with releasing dates for when things will be back in stock. That is almost always a losing proposition unless you are sure you can hit a date. Stuff takes time and you are never in control of the supply chain from top to bottom when you are a company of their size.

5 hours ago, Gorthaur25 said:

It is hard to blame FFG though. They are just being smart from a business sense. It is usually better if there seems like scarcity vs a bunch of product sitting on shelves and you avoid the risk of paying for inventory you can't offload.

Also with releasing dates for when things will be back in stock. That is almost always a losing proposition unless you are sure you can hit a date. Stuff takes time and you are never in control of the supply chain from top to bottom when you are a company of their size.

Yep, classic supply and demand. We knew fleet troopers were limited first run when it went to "out of stock" on the FFG website before they were released. So more people probably bought more than one in case they ended up wanting another but couldnt get it for awhile.

Luckily I focus on Imperials so one fleet troopers was enough for me. Plenty of snow troopers available still :D

While I get Amazon and live in the US's test market for their initial On-Demand offering, I do my best to shop local.  I spread my $ between my primary store (90% of game products); old school hobby shop (all paints & modeling stuff) and a much smaller gaming store (super close to home and emergency primer type purchases.)  With that I have found ... 

The smaller of the locations had ...

Leia

Fleet Troopers

Snow Troopers

Just sitting on the shelves this past Saturday

I was REALLY shocked to see the Snow Troopers and surprised to see the Fleet Troopers.  Come to find out this smaller store does not have a designated game night or any participation in the formal FFG events.  ZERO Legion traffic.  

Maybe, you can find some items at an out of the way, smaller retailer?

My primary store?  If you don't pre-order and or are there when they put it on the shelves, you're not getting it.  

8 hours ago, Gorthaur25 said:

You’re probably right, but shouldn’t they at least be able to say, “it’s going for reprint”?

20 hours ago, Jman444 said:

Leia and Fleet troopers got to my FLGS a week late, not a huge deal but Im glad I preordered from there since Amazon sold out of fleet troopers.

I believe the general consensus is that they under printed expansions, while also having shipping problems. Which makes sense since they are pumping out a ton of stuff for this game at once and making it so everyone gets theirs at the same time globally. Thats probably pretty difficult. 

If I were you, I'd just pre-order through your FLGS, or just preorder/ buy through Amazon. Higher odds of getting your stuff, without the risk. 

Too true, but I have to gather the $, which is sometime difficult, especially since I already play Armada and X-Wing. ??

only in so far as i didnt realize that everything was trickling out - and i made a pre-order of things that were just about to be released through stuff that wont come till october, so i've nothing yet,.

47 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Too true, but I have to gather the $, which is sometime difficult, especially since I already play Armada and X-Wing. ??

Well armada sadly hasn’t had a release in forever and no signs of anything on the horizon.  I love that game and hope something comes out for this year.  I sold my x wing collection last November and was shocked at how much I got.  I used I to fund a lot of the initial launch of legion as well as some terrain and a game table.  I can’t imagine how hard it would be to fund all three of these games.  You’re a true hardcore gamer. I can only dream of having that dedication.  

Depends on the store in my area.  Some generally get them on release Friday instead of Thursday. I bought in rather big on xwing and legion in the past 3 months.  2 cores veers Leia 2 snows 2 fleets speeder and atst.  Sometimes it's nice on the wallet for a week without a release.  

4 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I feel ya all too well. Bought big into X wing from November thru March, started big in on Legion at game launch. Kinda wish I had an idea 2.0 was coming out so I wouldn't have bought all that X wing stuff. Oh well! Haha

But if you pre-order through a FLGS, most of the time its just "reserving" your stuff for release day. Like the game stores I've shopped at, when something is announced I ask if they are taking pre-orders and then I just tell them Id like X amount of whatever will be coming in. Then pay once they get in. So if you just plan for the release days, thats usually only when you pay.

On 6/5/2018 at 2:09 PM, BadMotivator said:

FFG has a history of way under producing product. They don’t stock up enough for the initial wave.

Which is exactly the reason for 3x Eweb and 3x 1.4FD now, instead of later. 

Locally the game was DOA. Local store owner is upset he's got stock and anyone who was interested has bought what they need. 

I guess it just depends where you're at, but FFG definitely underestimates what they need on initial releases. 

9 hours ago, Stasy said:

Locally the game was DOA. Local store owner is upset he's got stock and anyone who was interested has bought what they need. 

I guess it just depends where you're at, but FFG definitely underestimates what they need on initial releases. 

I don’t think they’re underestimating it... I think they are deliberately short producing it to get it done quicker in order to claim they are meeting deadlines... Which they are so far. 

Yeah, it looks better when your product sells out completely than if you're left with backstock sitting on the shelves and not moving. My issue is that FFG is being way way under what they could do.

Its like they deliberately only produce 70% of what they could sell, when instead they could produce 90% and still end up making themselves look good.

3 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I don’t think they’re underestimating it... I think they are deliberately short producing it to get it done quicker in order to claim they are meeting deadlines... Which they are so far. 

I think you're right. And I don't blame them really. It's always easier to have to reprint vs having stock that sits around. 

I ordered from an online outlet and still awaiting one order, will more than likely cancel it since my FLGS had what was wanting...and I was scared they wouldn't after seeing FFG sell out.