kurodachi

No without the damage deck, It would not do it

Hi

This is a question that has been circulated in my group, in my league and in other fórums
Kits are so bigs, but twe can take them. But in the Kits not include a damage deck, which is the only thing a veteran player would need to play, is almost insulting. This is a very little thing in a box with a lot of cards.

I will expose myself as a generic case although there are many players that will be reflected.
I have 4 Cores, more than a hundred ships between different sizes and a lot of money expend, ... And a lot of good time too.

But let me know that the famous damage deck will only come in the core (and there are two, the normal ones and the promo) that is the same core as the initial cores ...

Please thing in us, the  veteran players that we don't have problem buying a kit or all of them. But that we .... MUST buy another unnecessary core to play tournaments is .... a something very silly that made hangry a lot of loyal players for a few cards...

Regards and thank you in advance for your time.

3 minutes ago, kurodachi said:

But let me know that the famous damage deck will only come in the core (and there are two, the normal ones and the promo) that is the same core as the initial cores ...

Damage deck is only known to come with the core. There are also cards in the core that do not come with the kit - see Luke Skywalker.

Sorry. I've got 3 cores myself, looks like I'm going to 4.

That isn't the point.

There are a lot of cards that Will come with the New/old ship or anothers packs. But all of this thing aren't necessary to Play.... But the damage deck is the only thing that the veteran players don't have with the kits

Edited by kurodachi

But the New templates can Be customs like now. There are a lot of láser cutters owners very Happy. 

But the damage deck couldn't be custom.... No?

Edited by kurodachi

Honestly, I'm glad the deck ISN'T in the conv kits.

I'm getting 3 conv kits, I know several people who are getting 4 or more.

I don't need 4 extra damage decks etc.  I'd prefer to get one, in a core set or from a reseller, and not have to pay extra for ALL my conversion kits to have damage decks, dice, templates, etc etc.

From resellers?

At the end ..... I must look for a reseller that have 2 damage decks...

Someone wants to change a damage deck in return a Tie ?!?! ?

I said .... Isn't the point. I 'm not a hater, I played for 5 years. I have all the ships... Severals ... If the damage deck .... And the templates come with the kits, don't be a exageration. It would be a detail with the players like me.

The old and loyal players...

Edited by kurodachi

No, the templates don't come with the kits.  They come with the core set.  Or you can order the damage deck separately as a limited edition from FFG or buy it as a limited edition from your FLGS.

Nor should they.

People need multiple kits.

People only need one set of templates and damage deck.

How long you've been playing is entirely irrelevant.

Edited by thespaceinvader

The damage deck can be buy separately? How ? Where?

And the years are experience.... If you Play a lot and in competitive tournaments you must know that is very comonn break or Lost the damage deck or the templates...

I have 4 damage decks and 5 templates kits from 1.0 and probably used all of them...

On 6/10/2018 at 8:30 PM, kurodachi said:

The damage deck can be buy separately? How ? Where?

And the years are experience.... If you Play a lot and in competitive tournaments you must know that is very comonn break or Lost the damage deck or the templates...

I have 4 damage decks and 5 templates kits from 1.0 and probably used all of them...

Directly from FFG or from FLGSes in limited edition, as I said in the previous post.  It was announced day 1.

But if you're playing 2e, you'll want the core set anyway; the templates are useful, and the content is not in the conversions.

I've lost damage deck cards before, once.  Since then, I've gained two more promo decks and never lost another card.

And it still doesn't means your length of play time is remotely relevant.

4 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

Directly from FFG or from FLGSes in limited edition, as I said in the previous post.  It was announced day 1.

thespaceinvader, I actually don't remember reading this. There doesn't seem to be a product entry for a separate damage deck, and I just looked at the article about the promotional damage deck and it is only available with the purchase of a core set (https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/5/1/upgrade-your-damage-deck/). Do you remember where you read this?

kurodachi, it may help a little bit to know that, per the above, you can get two damage decks for every one core set purchased (to share). Additionally, people might sell their core set damage decks online because of this.

Yes, I read about the extra damage deck with the Core...  But isn't a solution. In better case I ' ll buy a damage deck from someone that buy the Core. I the Worst... Another Core... I Will change Ties for candys... Or Xwings... Nobodys wants another Tie or xwing... Try to buy in the second hand market...

About the templates... The láser cutters owners near me are working in the conversion of our plastic templates...

15 hours ago, kurodachi said:

Yes, I read about the extra damage deck with the Core...  But isn't a solution. In better case I ' ll buy a damage deck from someone that buy the Core. I the Worst... Another Core... I Will change Ties for candys... Or Xwings... Nobodys wants another Tie or xwing... Try to buy in the second hand market...

About the templates... The láser cutters owners near me are working in the conversion of our plastic templates...

The Core set content is not in the conversion kits or blisters, you might well want a core set anyway.