Sign in to follow this  
Aethos528

Outwit - Does the character go home unbowed?

Hi! Another question for you guys. :)

If I choose to play the card Outwit on a character with lower political skill during a conflict, does that character go home unbowed?

If so, that's good for me for the first conflict, but kinda sucks for the second, right?... Because, if that character is sent home during the first conflict, then it can be used during the following subsequent conflicts either as a defender or as an attacker, right?

Thank you!

Yes, the character does not bow and can be used in subsequent conflicts in that round.

A well timed Outwit (or Rout for the military variant) can work wonders but to be honest,  I hardly play these cards anymore for the reasons you mentioned.

Edited by windforce10

State of the character doesn't change.  So if it is unbowed, it stays unbowed.  If it bowed it stays bowed.  See A Fate Worse than Death to see the phrasing of being sent home bowed.

Yes, it's only very powerful in the final conflict each round, and even then can cost you Imperial Favor since they'll have standing glory to count too. But they can also help you break that province that you really don't want to go back to as well. Only use it in important conflicts, or with a particular strategy in mind. For example, you can swing with Water ring, and they could block with their character that has no fate because you'd just bow it anyways. Then you can send it home, win the conflict, and use the water ring to bow their character.

Just use it with caution :P

4 minutes ago, AradonTemplar said:

Yes, it's only very powerful in the final conflict each round, and even then can cost you Imperial Favor since they'll have standing glory to count too. But they can also help you break that province that you really don't want to go back to as well. Only use it in important conflicts, or with a particular strategy in mind. For example, you can swing with Water ring, and they could block with their character that has no fate because you'd just bow it anyways. Then you can send it home, win the conflict, and use the water ring to bow their character.

Just use it with caution :P

Its also very strong against personalities with a - Military state (or political if using Rout) as they can not be used in a conflict of the type that matches their - stat.

On 6/4/2018 at 2:36 PM, Ishi Tonu said:

It's also useful if you are trying to pressure dishonor by creating more unopposed conflicts with it.

This. I wouldn't play it otherwise, I find it not good enough to just win conflicts. If it does both for your strategy, than it's worth considering.