Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

Squad Selection Article

1 minute ago, Crabbok said:

Theoretically it probably has to be available by Gencon, since the game will be up for sale there.  

Not necessarily.

They could call Sep13 the general release date, delay things until then, and assume genconners make do with the pre-designed squads in the box for a month...

Either I just found the mistake in the article or they confirmed that force users can also have Talent slots:

There are many different types of upgrades, distinguished by the icon found on the left side of the card. In addition to their special abilities, ace pilots can be given Elite talents such as Outmaneuver to augment their existing skills. On top of their Elite upgrades, Force-sensitive pilots can also use Force upgrade cards to unlock new ways to use their Force charges.

EDIT: expanded quote and added emphasis

EDIT2: Ditto for how many attacks per turn you can perform with Cluster Missiles (2 attacks):

Or, you could load your ship withCluster Missiles and give yourself the chance to launch two attacks in a row.

Edited by Herowannabe

5 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Either I just found the mistake in the article or they confirmed that force users can also have Talent slots:

EDIT: expanded quote and added emphasis

EDIT2: Ditto for how many attacks per turn you can perform with Cluster Missiles (2 attacks):

Saw the same thing.  Good lord, Vader is going to be a monster.

I'm personally just looking forward to how much extra space everyone will need at tournaments to set up their lists. Increasing the size of upgrade cards and putting tokens on half of them sure will make the game of finding space for it all more interesting!

swz01_a7_squad-build_diagram.png

Me and a friend have proxies threat card from the core set and played a 6 pts threat card game and god the X-Wing is really nice !!!!

Luke is a nightmare to kill, Porkins is a bit risky because of his ability.

For the Empire Valen Ability help me a lot to barrell roll and have a target, Iden version ability save from a one shot kill attack and night beast was pretty descent with shield/armor.

The squad building is good and a new player will appreciate this or any people who want a quick list to flight !

I can't wait to play ! :P

I wonder if the threat cards are going to be available other than only in the ships' expansion packs.  Hopefully, maybe in those yet-to-be-revealed "additional upgrade/conversion packs" they hinted at during the worlds stream.

1 minute ago, Skitchx said:

I wonder if the threat cards are going to be available other than only in the ships' expansion packs.  Hopefully, maybe in those yet-to-be-revealed "additional upgrade/conversion packs" they hinted at during the worlds stream.

That would be nice.

A third option would be to include a gallery of them in the app. Seems like a reasonable thing to do to me.

11 minutes ago, CerberusUC said:

I'm personally just looking forward to how much extra space everyone will need at tournaments to set up their lists. Increasing the size of upgrade cards and putting tokens on half of them sure will make the game of finding space for it all more interesting!

Shouldn't be too big an issue for tournaments, which should have the table space to spare.

Kitchen table play for some people is gonna get a but cluttered for sure.

2 minutes ago, Skitchx said:

Going by the photos, they're in the app.

swz01_app_screenshots.png

So the app has a login. Presumably the same we use here. So there's a chance we will finally get X-Wing avatars back.

We can save our collections and save our lists. I presume on their servers so you can access from any device when logged in? That's a lot of customer data at their fingertips. Maybe it'll help expose balance flaws quicker when the entire community saves the same Fel's Wrath list.

Can we track wins and losses in the app?

Will it allow quick upload to tournament host databases with scan codes to quicken registration time?

Will squad names be restricted by the same silly language filter we have here?

Can we add icons along with list names for fast identification?

If it does share our account here, can we have a way to import and post lists on the forum?

Will mission control be revised to work with the app?

Will we be able to save asteroid/debris choices with the squad?

What permissions will the app request?

Can it have a feature to submit faq type questions?

Will there be a blinding white background setting option to match these hideous forums?

What features am I forgetting to ask for?

1 hour ago, CerberusUC said:

swz01_a7_squad-build_diagram.png

That's the big thing I took from the article. It's probably  possible to find a less clunky way of laying out the squad cards, but FFG don't seem to be making it easy...

1 hour ago, Sithborg said:

Interesting, Jek has 2 mods. I am kind of curious what they do with the Mod slot now. 

During the unboxing they made mention of the Kihraxz still having 3 mod slots, and their desire to give ships a number of mod slots based upon balance and/or how easy fluff-wise the ship is supposed to be to mod.  They said some ships would get more than one mod, and others might not have any.  So it looks like the X-Wing will probably have 2 mod slots.

Not to nitpick TOO much, but I thought they were going away from using the word Elite and using simply Talent. Twice they used Elite (both capitalized) and once talent (lowercased) when talking about 1.0 EPT equivalents. I'm in the "I think 2.0 is a positive thing" camp, but I also like consistency when they are telling us about how they are making this better. It doesn't matter one bit what the slot is called as far as gameplay goes (didn't the slots used to not even have names?), so no big deal. But still, inconsistencies like that make me wonder how much attention to detail they are putting in. Hopefully this is just a case where marketing is on one wing of the building and the developers on the other, exposing a bit of a lack of communication.

3 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

Can't wait for the preview article where they show us what dice are.

I am diaper Uber excited about 2.0. However all these articles are so, empty. 

*super 

Edited by Ccwebb
OMG, sorry. Posting from the phone can be... odd. Lol