tripecac

Why is this forum so quiet?

I like to keep the same heroes and as much of the same deck as I can in my first go through a cycle but I do keep a small side board of things to switch in as needed.

A big part of this that I haven’t seen someone mention is card pool size. If you have a smaller card pool I think it will become much more difficult to build a deck which will carry you through. If you have all the cards accessible then it’s easier. If you want to play progression I would imagine half of the fun is tweaking and rebuilding your deck as you “unlock” new cards. 

In the end though, do what’s fun for you!

23 hours ago, tripecac said:

Are we "supposed" to keep changing our decks for each new quest, or are we "supposed" to create a single deck that can beat every quest [in a cycle]?

Yes. You are supposed to do one or other of those two things. The choice of which you do is a matter of personal preference.

2 hours ago, PocketWraith said:

Yes. You are supposed to do one or other of those two things. The choice of which you do is a matter of personal preference.

Ha! I love it.

On 6/6/2018 at 3:57 PM, tripecac said:

Are we "supposed" to keep changing our decks for each new quest, or are we "supposed" to create a single deck that can beat every quest [in a cycle]?

The beauty of this game is that you can, by and large, play the game however you like, with whatever restrictions you like.  I've done both.  Sometimes I build decks for a quest.  Sometimes I build decks and then test then against a number of quests. Right now, I'm running a narrative campaign where I follow mostly the same heroes through every quest in the game, and I love the story feel. Whatever way feels most fun to you, play it.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:24 PM, tripecac said:

I remember a few years ago this forum seemed a lot busier.  Does this mean LotR LCG fandom is in a decline?  That seems odd, since outside of this forum I am noticing more and more interest in it

most of the players with interesting things to say and stuff got banned when one of the fanboys got promoted to community leader... after that he banned everyone he disagreed with. It wasn't exactly SWJ, it was before that.. but it was during the formation of that brutally fascist thing you see a lot of nowadays when everything must be sanitised and conform or you get banned, bullied and harassed because somehow no one should ever feel offended about anything ever. Think like them or **** off.

Basically the entire community starved and slowly turned into what you see now. It was destroyed through miss management. Added to that the game is like nearly a decade old.. so if you are doing the exact same thing now as 10 years ago, you need to re-evaluate your life.

That being said I have been around from day 1 of the announcement.. but have been lurking on and off for last 5 years or so. (this is my 1st day posting in years) There is just nothing left to say and despite some old school greats like Spleen or PsychoRocka not many of them are still about... very little is said here that has not been said before, nor is there much encouragement for the kind of stuff we used to get.. like 100 page threads on the nature of evil and stuff.

Finally a lot of the tech discussion that brought a lot people here is now on RingsDb directly in the deck threads.

richsabre, Glaurung, Mitch the One, Alogos,  Tracker1, Danpoage ... . . .

Edited by iLiveAGAIN

Well, about time this soft community got some of its good old sourness back into it. ;)

I don't know anything about mismanagement (other than reprint schedules, but that's in Asmodee's court), and if this friendly community's state looks bad to you, then maybe you should find a different one. quite a few "old school greats" are still around and there are quite a few new ones, too. No disrespect to you, but we're not looking for another flame war, so if you're hankering for a fight, I'm sorry.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:08 AM, Devaresh said:

I like to keep the same heroes and as much of the same deck as I can in my first go through a cycle but I do keep a small side board of things to switch in as needed.

Thats what I am doing too. Choosing a set of Heroes, trying to be thematic as possible, and then build my deck (again trying to be thematic) but if I find a quest to be unbeatable with my setup I will change things as needed