Sign in to follow this  
Redrih

Can I use Foreshadowing immediatly again if i failed it previously?

In rogue trader rulebook said that:

"Using this power (Foreshadowing ) more than once in the same hour is dangerous, as no one should know too much about his own future.For every use after the first in a single hour, the Navigator suffers 1d5 Insanity Points. "

Does this rule working if navigator failed perception test? I assume that in case of failure navigator didn't see the future, so he could try it again without gaining insanity points. What do you think about this?

And by "same hour " does it mean in game hour or the real life hour?

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Redrih said:

Does this rule working if navigator failed perception test? I assume that in case of failure navigator didn't see the future, so he could try it again without gaining insanity points. What do you think about this?

I would expect it would still apply. A failed perception test isn't "nothing happened and I just sat there" but "I couldn't make sense of the jumble of images and not-real-yet memories that came crashing out of the warp". If anything, that strikes me as more likely to cause insanity, not less.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:52 PM, Redrih said:

And by "same hour " does it mean in game hour or the real life hour?

In-game hour. No rules apply to real-out-of-game time, because...you know. Could take a break for pizza, or something, and that doesn't magically change the time of day when you come back to the 'paused' game.