Viktus106

Alex Devy is secretly Top Tier at X wing

Sorry to spoil the fun but I'd like to backup the original post. I hounded that poor man for information throughout the weekend and he remained positive, helpful and friendly throughout. And he went 2-2! (I could only manage 3-4)

Alex - don't know if you'll read this but you were an absolute star!

1 minute ago, MatCauthonReborn said:

Sorry to spoil the fun but I'd like to backup the original post. I hounded that poor man for information throughout the weekend and he remained positive, helpful and friendly throughout. And he went 2-2! (I could only manage 3-4)

Alex - don't know if you'll read this but you were an absolute star!

Did you get any useful information?

There were lots of questions on rough points costs for ships and pilots as well as available upgrade slots. I was happy with all the answers to my questions (focussed on A-Wing generics, Falcon and ARC). There were a couple of grumbles from the Firespray fan (for running multiple generics) and the HWK fan on upgrade slots. I'll keep it as vague as that as I don't know if he intended it to be made more publicly available.

The 2.0 demo game was excellent fun. Luke (and X-Wings) will be fun to fly

8 minutes ago, piznit said:

You're not spoiling the thread.  You added what a great guy he was during the weekend is simply adding to his legend.  Little known fact: When Disney bought Star Wars rights, Alex Davy was the first canon character 

Disney bought Lucasfilm in order to get access to Alex Davy. Star Wars and Indiana Jones were added bonuses. 

48 minutes ago, MatCauthonReborn said:

There were lots of questions on rough points costs for ships and pilots as well as available upgrade slots. I was happy with all the answers to my questions (focussed on A-Wing generics, Falcon and ARC). There were a couple of grumbles from the Firespray fan (for running multiple generics) and the HWK fan on upgrade slots. I'll keep it as vague as that as I don't know if he intended it to be made more publicly available.

The 2.0 demo game was excellent fun. Luke (and X-Wings) will be fun to fly

Honestly, if he didn't expect people to talk about answers to these questions, he probably wouldn't have answered them.

So . . . I have been speaking to other people that were in attendance and I feel like I have to apologise. . to Alex . . apparently he went 3 - 1. 

**** son . . You got game. . 

As for the multitude of questions he had to answer, a ton of them were point costs and design decisions. People were asking how many points Dash was base (I think he said 92) and then there was uproar when he explained that presently, Dash cannot get access to Boost, but he can pay to have his red barrel roll turned white for a mere 30 points (i think). All of this whilst he barrel rolled Norra, next to a debris field, to get a range 1 shot on AP5 from the Ion Cannon side arc AND a range 1 shot in Norra's Primary on Dash. . which sadly was obstructed. 

To quote Red Dwarf . . . 

"What a guy . . "

2 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

So . . . I have been speaking to other people that were in attendance and I feel like I have to apologise. . to Alex . . apparently he went 3 - 1. 

**** son . . You got game. . 

As for the multitude of questions he had to answer, a ton of them were point costs and design decisions. People were asking how many points Dash was base (I think he said 92) and then there was uproar when he explained that presently, Dash cannot get access to Boost, but he can pay to have his red barrel roll turned white for a mere 30 points (i think). All of this whilst he barrel rolled Norra, next to a debris field, to get a range 1 shot on AP5 from the Ion Cannon side arc AND a range 1 shot in Norra's Primary on Dash. . which sadly was obstructed. 

To quote Red Dwarf . . . 

"What a guy . . "

He played something like 8 or 9 challenge games over the weekend and lost 2 or 3 of them. He was super upbeat the whole time despite being bombarded with questions. I know he played against 6 fat turrets (3 falcons, 2 2400s and a ghost) and won 5 of those games. Dash was 98 points and Luke was 30 (he was asked about these a lot). Expert Handling (white barrel rolls) must be a lot less than 30 points (like < 10) or it wouldn't have fit in the list used.

Edited by apoapsis

I had to walk back and forth from my games to where he was playing so i'm going on part first hand information and also third party information, plus I was getting mentally burned out after playing from 8am to 10pm. :(

Glad to read he was more of a hero then original thought. 

I saw a guy win a Championship with a list of 5 HWK-290, each with a Flight Instructor.  The name of the list was "Alex Davy".  It was unbeatable.

Edited by piznit

Alex Davey’s cruisers CAN repel firepower of that magnitude. 

Alex Davey can go 6 straight

Alex Davey’s dials never wear down 

Luke gunner can’t rotate towards Alex Davey

Alex Davey’s car has the SLAM action

I hear that Alex Davey’s glasses  were used to focus the Death Star laser

....alright I’m done

Edited by JLank

2 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Alex Davy beat LothalFenn with a naked Bandit Squadron Pilot

I saw that match.  Alex didn't want to be cheesy by having an 88 poiny bid so he had an 88 point Ghost as his other ship.  During set up he faced it towards his own edge and flew it off first turn to try to make it more fair.  Real classy guy.