Viktus106

Alex Devy is secretly Top Tier at X wing

If anyone is actually going to analyise the data from Euros, they need to appreciate that Alex went 2 - 2 using Wedge, Luke and Norra and they weren't even optimised lists. 

I think he even beat a Dash, AP5 and Initiative 1 Wookie ... 

This is even whilst signing stuff, turning around to repeatedly tell people "No, we don't have the Imperial Stuff here" every two minutes and also having to explain the mechanics of X wing to people who had a ton of acrylics and clearly know better. 

Oh and in most cases, it was him versus two to three people conspiring against him. That's some serious pressure right there. 

Well played Alex, shame you lost against Lando, Miranda and Ibtisam!

7 hours ago, Tbetts94 said:

He once won a tournament with a nashtah pup...

5 hours ago, HammerGibbens said:

I heard he's so good, he can put Punishers on the table and actually punish with them.

In 1.0.

I feel like this thread is about to turn into a Chuck Norris-esque thread about how good Alex Davy is... (guess I better help it along)

One time Alex Davy was playing a game with Mark Hammill. Mark fired a proton torpedo at Alex’s tokenless Death Star and got 4 crits. 

Alex evaded it all. 

When Darth Vader goes to bed at night, he wears Alex Davy pajamas. 

Alex Davy’s green dice aren’t fickle. 

Alex Davy has one-shotted Soontir Fel ( with Stealth Device, a full token stack, and Palpatine backing him up, at range 3, from behind an asteroid) using the 1.0 HWK’s primary gun. Twice. 

Alex Davy is Anakin Skywalker’s father. 

Alex Davy's ship dials have 6-forwards, 5-banks, and 4-turns.

When Alex Davy rolls attack dice, his Focus tokens turn hits and focus results into crits.

In 2.0, Alex Davy's Evade tokens add an evade result.

Alex Davy once won a tournament using a Fel's Wrath list.  It was Fel's Wrath and a 77-point bid. 

Edited by Hawkstrike

7 hours ago, Viktus106 said:

If anyone is actually going to analyise the data from Euros, they need to appreciate that Alex went 2 - 2 using Wedge, Luke and Norra and they weren't even optimised lists. 

I think he even beat a Dash, AP5 and Initiative 1 Wookie ... 

This is even whilst signing stuff, turning around to repeatedly tell people "No, we don't have the Imperial Stuff here" every two minutes and also having to explain the mechanics of X wing to people who had a ton of acrylics and clearly know better. 

Oh and in most cases, it was him versus two to three people conspiring against him. That's some serious pressure right there. 

Well played Alex, shame you lost against Lando, Miranda and Ibtisam!

I hope everyone reading this realizes you arent just writing a silly story and you are actual talking about the 2.0 demo games Alex ran. It sounds like a lot of these players are under the impression this is just a silly story with how random it sounds lol.

31 minutes ago, Sunitsa said:

I don't get how doing 2-2 could actually mean he is a top player.

He definitely can be a top player, but why should going 2-2 mean anything in that regard?

Alex Davy let’s people win, so they keep playing the game. Crushing players every single game also gets boring.

Edited by Tbetts94

3 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I don't get how doing 2-2 could actually mean he is a top player.

He definitely can be a top player, but why should going 2-2 mean anything in that regard?

Dunno about you but if I had to have four games in a row using the same list whilst each of my oppoants were actually two to three experienced players  (at the same time) calculating the best way to advance whilst having people stand behind me, actively discussing, loudly, the dials I'm holding in my hands AND asking me constant questions about stuff that isn't on the table, in a non timed game AND getting me to sign stuff ..

I would lose to Han + Luke .. but he didn't .. He pulled out a win .  With Outmanouvre Wedge .. and Norra in a Y wing. 

Alex has game. 

I also heard he once flanked and gunned down a Gunboat with a Lambda. . .