Evad04

Fleet Trooper WIP

I wish I took more pics in the process but unfortunately I did not

I first did a zenithal prime by doing the following:

what I did was use Vallejo airbrush primer and thinned it slightly with airbrush thinner and put a thin coat of black over the entire model

Next I thinner down some Vallejo air grey and sprayed the model with a thin coat from about 45 degrees down from all side directions which covered the black except for undersides and shadow areas.

last I used Vallejo white airbrush primer slightly thinner and sprayed from directly above only to hit the top only surfaces.   This gave a really good blend of light to dark.

When finished It looked similar to this 

20ix6yu.jpg

once dried I did a glaze with the airbrush for the pants and the blue shirt.

i used Vallejo airbrush thinner and reaper dirty grey at a ratio of probably 60% thinner to paint.  Sprayed a thin coat over the pants which allowed the shading to show through

same thing for the shirt but used reaper true blue and thinner

20ra4o2.jpg

I then used s brush and used Vallejo air nato black on the vest, reaper pure black on boots, and brushed in the details for face and weapon

i am surprised how good they are coming out with the amount of effort and time I saved doing the cloth with the airbrush

i also use a Badger Krone airbrush with the small needle

Solid work.  My wife has put a hard no on my airbrush purchase.  I need indoor space, given I live in south Texas and my garage is about 80-85 daily.  Can’t make her understand the tools available to capture the mist.  

The time saving concept is awesome

5 hours ago, Dash Two said:

Solid work.  My wife has put a hard no on my airbrush purchase.  I need indoor space, given I live in south Texas and my garage is about 80-85 daily.  Can’t make her understand the tools available to capture the mist.  

The time saving concept is awesome

I’ve just been using mine at a desk in a corner of a small room with a cardboard box behind it.  I’m just not seeing that much dust anywhere.  Granted I’m not using mine as much as lots of folks, but still.  It’s not like it is feeling the room with dusty paint.

@BigBadAndy ... trust me.  I know you are right;  After my black primer on white carpet debacle, which is my new guy thread, I am lucky to be alive and have had a small reprieve of painting in the house.  The ask on the airbrush ... little aggressive on my part.  Conversely ...

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take .... shooter gonna shoot ... can't have less than zero ... you get the idea

I tried.  Shot down before I finished the thought.