Jadotch

Proposed Nerfs for 1.0

Here are the immediate nerfs that come to mind that I would like to purpose:

Fenn & Ezra lose their elite slot in the Sheathipede.
Miranda's ability becomes primary only.
TLT loses its double tap at range 2. (Only able to double tap at range 3)

Any others I am missing that you would like to see? 

If only there was just some way to take harpoon missiles and TLT out of the game altogether, turn all turrets into mobile arcs, make a bunch of other needed changes to gameplay, add some neat new mechanics, and introduce some kind of method for future rebalancing without having to alter the values printed on the card. All at once.

A guy can dream I guess

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately it's not going to happen. The nerfs and changes to the game we are waiting for are in 2.0 which is like 3 months away. 

Edited by SnooSnarry

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jadotch said:

Here are the immediate nerfs that come to mind that I would like to purpose:

Fenn & Ezra lose their elite slot in the Sheathipede.
Miranda's ability becomes primary only.
TLT loses its double tap at range 2. (Only able to double tap at range 3)

I would say just ban TLT/Harpoon missiles straight up, makes it much easier for everyone.

Also I think an upgrade cap would be a good idea, say 4 per small ship? 6 per large?

I do think Reinforce should be changed to reduce incoming damage to minimum of one damage.

Fenn's high PS isn't as bad with the new tactical officer coming out and being able to sit in a skill 10 Tomex/RAC and do the same for the Empire. Alternatively how about just saying Pilot Skill cannot be increased beyond 9.

I think that 1.0 is going to be in a pretty good place with Krennic, as he helps out the older Imperial Aces. 

X-Wings are finally playable and Y-wings with FAA are pretty solid too. So it's really just As, Bs and classic TIEs that aren't as good 

Edited by GILLIES291

1e is ded game

You don't grasp how ridiculous Fenn Rau in the Sheathipede is. Removing EPT would not be enough.

By percentage he is the most undercosted pilot EVER. 27 points cost would be reasonable. At a minimum, 25. In his current form he is better than 26 point pre-nerf Biggs. The fact that he is unchanged in 2e is very worrying. Likely he'll be OP on release. We'll have to see how fast he gets nerfed with the app.

10 minutes ago, GILLIES291 said:

X-Wings are finally playable and Y-wings with FAA are pretty solid too. So it's really just As, Bs and classic TIEs that aren't as good 

Don't forget, all of Scum aren't as good, except for IG-88. Scum doesn't even have access to co-ordinate in 1e or 2e!

2 hours ago, Dengar5 said:

Don't forget, all of Scum aren't as good, except for IG-88. Scum doesn't even have access to co-ordinate in 1e or 2e!

Dengar (and the still strong bumpmasters), Asajj, Thweek and Nym disagree with this statement. Haha

4 hours ago, Jadotch said:

1. Remove spend target lock requirement from all missiles and torps.

- This doesn't make Harpoons any worse, but means they are not so much better than everything else that other things can't be effectively used on other platforms.  Helps diversity of useful munitions builds.

2. Change wording of core rules for defense dice.  "When defending at range 3, roll 1 additional defense die.  When defending, if you are not in the attacker's arc roll 1 additional defense die."

Range 3 would then help defenders against all attacks as well as out of arc turret shots.  Puts a little more emphasis on positioning for all ships, not just arc locked jousters and rewards arc dodgers for dodging the primary arc even though they may still take shots from a turret.

Posted (edited)

The "dotted die" mod:

Setup: Red die get painted a black dot on one of their blanks. Green die get painted a black dot on one of their evades. You can use a permanent marker.

Rules:

1. Any ordnance (except Harpoons): red rolls change one dotted blank into a hit.

2. When defending against turrets: All evades are evade results, even the dotted ones (i.e. standard rules)

3. When defending against any non-turret attack: Non-dotted evades are evade results, dotted evades are treated as blanks.

The game plays a bit faster, good piloting becomes more important, turrets get are nerfed, ordnance gets a boost.

*EDIT: This is 100% reversible, just wipe the black dot with alcohol, or play enough games until the dots get rubbed out by themselves.

Edited by OoALEJOoO

1. Tlt nerf. Max 1 dmg per turn (you still get 2 shots)

2. Harpoons use target lock.

3. Fenn rau - more points.

4. (Controversial) dengar - stresses himself to use ability

5. Miranda - 2nd ed ability.

6. Rebel nym stresses himself to stop bomb from detonating. 

7. Ghost title - you use the turret that's on attack shuttle

8. Sabine - costs x, x is the cost of the bomb you equip. You need to equip the bomb with cost 3 or more

14 hours ago, SnooSnarry said:

Unfortunately it's not going to happen. The nerfs and changes to the game we are waiting for are in 2.0 which is like 3 months away. 

and costs hundreds of dollars

16 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Also 1.0 epic is going to be a thing for years. I'm converting for 2.0 standard, but would final errata with nerfs hurt?

26 minutes ago, Vontoothskie said:

Meh- I have two factions, Scum and Imp, and I'm still only going to wind up paying $120 for the core set and two conversion sets, which is  less than I would have to pay to convert my 40k armies to a new addition. I don't think the price is that bad all things considered. I suppose if I really wanted I could pick up another Imperial conversion to fly 8 TIE/lns, but I don't see that happening.

10 minutes ago, Zura said:

Also 1.0 epic is going to be a thing for years. I'm converting for 2.0 standard, but would final errata with nerfs hurt?

My guess is that they will release epic 2.0 conversion kits around the same time they do FO/Resistance.

Posted (edited)
  • Medium ship bases for the U-wing, ARC-170, K-wing, G1A, Kimogila, Scurrg, Firespray, TIE Punisher, TIE Reaper
  • Push the Limit, VI, TLT, Harpoon Missiles gone
  • Charge tokens limit uses on some pilot abilities, regen astromechs, ordnance, etc.
  • Evade tokens to not add evade results; they just change green dice to evades.
  • No costs on pilot cards or upgrades, no slots on pilots; these are in a squad builder app
  • Turrets adopt mobile arc mechanics and also get ranged bonuses and penalties
  • Shield levels reduced on many ships to make crits matter more
  • Barrel roll is not adjustable; they use the hash marks on the bases for alignment.Barrel Roll now only has 3 positions per side (6 total) – makes Barrel Roll more inline with Boost as you only have 6 total positions. If you declare and action and you can’t do it (ie Barrel Roll would land you on a rock), you just lose the action now

And more where that came from.

Edited by ObiWonka

I think first edition could have seen much more play with just 2 simple changes:

-Any ship costing 40 or more points, will grant half point if it ended the game with at least half of his hull+shield destroyed

-Attack shuttle and Sheathipede with Phantom title, will grant half of their point if the Ghost is halved.

Also having expertise, maul, ezra and k4 not working if you bumped would be great too

15 hours ago, GILLIES291 said:

I would say just ban TLT/Harpoon missiles straight up, makes it much easier for everyone.

Anyone saying this just straight up admits he does not understand this game at all.

Harpoons are a vital part when it comes to deal with formation flying  bunkers. Those missiless are needed, in fact make meta a lot healthier.

22 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

Anyone saying this just straight up admits he does not understand this game at all.

Harpoons are a vital part when it comes to deal with formation flying  bunkers. Those missiless are needed, in fact make meta a lot healthier.

Anyone saying this just straight up admits he does not understand this game at all. Both Harpoons and formation flying bunkers are cancer.

Posted (edited)

Okay, Im about to go outside the box.  In fact I can't even see the box from here...

Increase the primary weapon and agility value of all ships in the game by one.

What would this do?

Since there are 12.5% more positive faces on red dice vs green dice, this would increase offense for every single ship.  This is especially true for the current 2 die ships -Ties, As, Zs, Scyks - in other words, swarm types.  It reduces the disparity between a 4 primary vs a 2 primary from 100% more power to only 60% more power.  This would also make secondary weaoons less powerful by comparison thereby nerfing TLT, and Harpoons.  It would also make the focus action more powerful by comparison to all other actions as they would be far more likely to give you multiple positive results.  It would also slightly decrease the relative effectiveness of any abilitiies that affect single modificatiions, i.e. an ability that adds a Hit result on a 2 dice attack means the max possibke damage goes from 2 to 3 or 50% more powerful, but adding one to a 3 dice attack only makes it 33% more powerful.

More offense also means fewer games will go to time since extra damage will be getting through.

* Not sure about this next one but if am upping total offense above this may work*

All small bases with less than 7 total hit points gain one hull.

What would it do?  For the most part, this helps swarms and early wave ships against power creep.

Edited by pickirk01

1 hour ago, Embir82 said:

The fact they are needed is why we are where we are. 

Same nerf for three cards.

• R3-A2
  • Overclocked R4
  • Hera Syndulla (crew)

Add "if you have three or fewer stress" to the cards.  There ought to be an upper edge limit on these.

//

I guess I'd be OK with Miranda, since that's how 2.0 Miranda is going.

With Ezra/Fenn/TLT (and potentially Harpoon), I'm not huge fans of those particular nerfs.  Mostly, I think points costs need to change, but that's not going to happen in 1E.  Sheathipede isn't mechanically a problem, I think, just far too cost efficient.  Likewise, despite Harpoon's overcomplication, I think it's a fine upgrade, it just needs to cost 5 points instead of 4.

Posted (edited)

Personally, I think actions could/should have been changed a bit. Why can't you nominally have a reposition action (Boost, Slam, barrel roll) and another action (Focus, Target Lock, ACTION: header, etc.)

While 2.0 did open up the action economy a bit, I think it would have been best split between the two to delineate them better. Say, make even 1 stress lock you out of repositions, but multiple (say 3) prevent you from taking others. Heck, you could even make removing a single stress an "action"

Edited by Yakostovian