Jump to content
3greubs4

Legends of the Alliance Wishlist

Recommended Posts

1. More selective spawning of enemies.

2. More selective spawning of enemies.

3. Major villains (Emperor, Vader & Jabba) only show up when they are scripted to for a mission.

4. More selective spawning of enemies.

...

11. In addition to the text encounters that grant allies, add the option to go on a side side mission to gain them. They grant no xp, the only credits you get are those you find in the mission. Though the armory might refresh, so you might be able to sell some of your gear and upgrade one or two items.

12. Undo button.

 

I really like the app, but in the last two missions of my last Jabba's Realm campaign I had 5 eLoth Cat deployments and 4 eUgnaught Tinkerers. Jabba's sail barge spawned eNexu, eLoth Cats, eWampa, eGamorians. Then I just was greeted with this in Flight of the Freedom Fighter as I broke into General Weiss' base. It really takes a lot of the enjoyment out of what is a really great app.

Restricting creatures from imperial base/ship tiles unless scripted (and debatably scum units as well) and treating the Emperor and Jabba the way the app treats Vader would go a long way to mitigating the problem.  

Weiss' welcoming committee.jpg

Edited by coogee78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mindless Philosopher said:

Oh, noooo!  I just downloaded the app the other day and have yet to play with it.  It spawns totally random enemies?  Way to maintain that suspense of disbelief...

There are limited classes from where the app "draws" random deployments.

Apart from Lothcats I seemed to get pretty thematic deployments when I played FoFF with all expansions recently. (At least if you consider Emperor Palpatine thematic, but Palpatine + Vader seemed a fitting combination to me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2018 at 1:49 AM, Mindless Philosopher said:

Oh, noooo!  I just downloaded the app the other day and have yet to play with it.  It spawns totally random enemies?  Way to maintain that suspense of disbelief...

Just to clarify, I would not avoid playing the app because of it by any means. The app is absolutely worth playing. Its great when everything goes well and even when it gets unthematic, you have the tactical side still working. I'd much rather have it this way than have the deployments really thematic with a whole lot of bugs or exploits.

It does not happen all the time, but it is very frustrating when it does. I've played through the app campaigns nine and a bit times now and I would have only seen deployments like the one in the photo around 4 times (so that's over 49 missions). I'd say I had four or five campaigns where there really hasn't been a major problem (say the odd wampa showing up in the desert, but not an extended run of strange deployments). So from my experience runs of what in my opinion are odd/unthematic deployments happens about half the time. 

On 12/6/2018 at 2:35 AM, a1bert said:

There are limited classes from where the app "draws" random deployments.

Apart from Lothcats I seemed to get pretty thematic deployments when I played FoFF with all expansions recently. (At least if you consider Emperor Palpatine thematic, but Palpatine + Vader seemed a fitting combination to me.)

In the  last mission of Flight of the Freedom Fighter having the Emperor show up makes a degree of sense. But I had a campaign where he showed up at every non-scripted villain spawn. FFG seem to have restrictions on what spawns most of the time and Vader only shows up when he is scripted to, so it should be something that they could adjust.

For me at least it seems that the app tends to over spawn some groups within a campaign, but resets in a new one, so it will focus on a new group. In the Jabba's Realm campaign Lothcats spawned at least in every mission. In Flight of the Freedom Fighter getting Ugnaughts every mission. In an earlier Flight of the Freedom Fighter campaign there were Jet Troopers all over the place (which didn't bother me, but I noticed it was happening). Now I can't argue with Ugnaughts being in the Ord Mantel missions, but having them at Yavin IV or an imperial base just doesn't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, coogee78 said:

FFG seem to have restrictions on what spawns most of the time and Vader only shows up when he is scripted to, so it should be something that they could adjust.

Although, I think that's because of Vader's deployment(figure) cost, not because of any programmed exclusion rule.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, a1bert said:

Although, I think that's because of Vader's deployment(figure) cost, not because of any programmed exclusion rule.

 

That's a good point.  I'll bet that is true.  Still, now that it has been discussed, I think all uniques should be scripted, even if it means getting LOLcats.  I don't have the Lothal expansion yet, so I don't have that problem, but I was getting jet troopers like mad in the last Jabba play through.  That is fine though.  I only got one Ugnaut through the whole campaign and he spawned close enough for Vinto to turn him into a meal in one turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, a1bert said:

Although, I think that's because of Vader's deployment(figure) cost, not because of any programmed exclusion rule.

 

OK, I hadn't thought of that. I haven't ever had Weiss spawn either now that I think of it. If that is the case, they could possibly get around it by increasing the cost of the Emperor and Jabba for the app.

They do seem to have some restrictions on what groups deploy in certain situations. I've only had imperials spawn on Yavin (not counting the villain), and when you get to the room where the crew are being held in Ord Mantel scum always spawn, followed by imperials in the corridor. So it seems the app can differentiate between imperial groups and scum groups based on that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, coogee78 said:

OK, I hadn't thought of that. I haven't ever had Weiss spawn either now that I think of it. If that is the case, they could possibly get around it by increasing the cost of the Emperor and Jabba for the app.

They do seem to have some restrictions on what groups deploy in certain situations. I've only had imperials spawn on Yavin (not counting the villain), and when you get to the room where the crew are being held in Ord Mantel scum always spawn, followed by imperials in the corridor. So it seems the app can differentiate between imperial groups and scum groups based on that.  

So far, that matches with my experience; my current campaign has even been so thematic as to on deploying random uniques keeping them related. On Yavin, it spawned BT-1, followed by 0-0-0 on Ord Mantell. Between them and the scripted IG-88 appearance, it was easy to imagine CT-1701 cursing the "clankers" on a regular basis...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...