Scum4Life

Will FFG comment on the generics issue?

So yeah, I'm really not pleased about the potential to not have enough cardboard inserts to field the specified number of ship conversions as each type of generic. That seems ludicrous as it does not fully convert the ships it says it does.

It means to field a full set of Z95's I'd need to buy three kits! And waste loads of cardboard and money.

What does everyone think will happen. Are the stated numbers of cards and inserts incorrect? Or might we be getting stiffed?

2 minutes ago, kraedin said:

The Spanish and French distributors listed the total number of pilot cards and bases in each kit, and there aren't enough to fully cover the generic pilots.

Can someone just give me the statement. Or distribution list or whatever.

Really annoying when someone posts a thread stating something without linking to it in anyway.

Its called Ebay... not everyone needs all of the inserts, many people (and stores) are going to be parting the kits out to meet these needs. I am one of those people who have 5-6 of everything, I am only getting 1 kit of each then hitting second hand sales to fill in lists I like to fly. I won't waste money, I'll get exactally what I need and I won't have any extra stress.

1 minute ago, Icelom said:

Can someone just give me the statement. Or distribution list or whatever.

Really annoying when someone posts a thread stating something without linking to it in anyway.

Agreed, just post the links you rumor-mongers!

Edited by Tvboy

You can't assume that generics will be evenly distributed. If you get eight pilot cards for your Z's, and two are unique, then the other six might be three of each... or they might be 4 of the initiative 1 pilots and 2 of the higher initiative pilots.

Let's wait until we actually know the full contents of the kits before we start panicking.

"Just go to secondary market"

Nah yeah nah, they sorted these so that trades are difficult as possible.

The same components will be jacked up and hard to find cause of how many want them. A large number of components will sit at 50c and never sell cause no one wants/needs em

10 minutes ago, kraedin said:

The Spanish and French distributors listed the total number of pilot cards and bases in each kit, and there aren't enough to fully cover the generic pilots.

Has this been cross-referenced with the full rebel kit spoilers? Some ships that had two generics have been cut to one, like the K-wing.

There seems to be a lot of assumptions being made by people in the last few days. We were never promised the possibility of using all our current ships as generics, nor were we promised the ability to use them in any specific configuration. We were promised the ability to convert our 1st edition models for use in 2nd edition. That's all. If people have made their own erroneous assumptions that's not FFG's fault.

It'd be nice to be able to use all my ships in any combination I want in 2nd edition but, just like when I bought the various Aces expansions, that's not always going to be possible.

Edited by Jike

2 minutes ago, Jike said:

There seems to be a lot of assumptions being made by people in the last few days. We were never promised the possibility of using all our current ships as generics, nor were we promised the ability to use them in any specific configuration.

FFG never promised that they wouldn't harvest my organs for sale on the black market, but I'd still be upset if they did.

3 minutes ago, Jike said:

There seems to be a lot of assumptions being made by people in the last few days. We were never promised the possibility of using all our current ships as generics, nor were we promised the ability to use them in any specific configuration. We were promised the ability to convert our 1st edition models for use in 2nd edition. That's all. If people have made their own erroneous assumptions that's not FFG's fault.

It'd be nice to be able to use all my ships in any combination I want in 2nd edition but, just like when I bought the various Aces expansions, that's not always going to be possible.

Stockholm syndrome with capitalism? 

You are wrong. 1 Conversion kit should cover everything inside... Why would you buy 2 conversion kits, if you only wanted to run ships from 1 of them. It makes no sense. 

Just to throw oil on this fire the Polish spoilers also suggest not enough pilot cards or tokens.

I am looking for the links for everyone. At the end of the day, I can always have a different insert and use a printed list from the App :)

2 minutes ago, Jike said:

Your bar for business ethics is set very very low. 

From the official marketing page:

Conversion kits available at launch will allow you to bring your entire collection of Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, and Scum and Villainy ships into the game’s second edition. These kits contain everything you need to build your own custom X-Wing Second Edition squadron, including new ship cards, tokens, upgrade cards, and maneuver dials. 

How many ships does each Conversion Kit convert?

The number of ships supported (by maneuver dials included) in each Conversion Kit are:

I think "strongly implied" is putting it mildly. This is also supported by the precedent of every multi-ship expansion in 1st edition including the necessary generic pilots after the first Imperial Aces pack didn't and made people unhappy. 

I find it difficult to believe FFG would **** up something as simple as putting an expac's worth of bases/cards per ship.

Then again, gunner Luke provides precedent for **** ups like that.

Guess it's a wait and see. Kinda sucks they didn't lay this to rest during the unboxing stream 

Edited by ficklegreendice

33 minutes ago, kraedin said:

I have heard this and read it from others but can't find the original source. :(

I hope were are all over reacting and everything will be fine.

If this does get confirmed, it's going to make that pseudo-unboxing from 5/18 look very slimy, as that seems like something you should be telling people about in an unboxing. If this gets confirmed by a distributor before FFG confirms it, it makes it look like FFG was trying to hide this from customers to increase pre-orders and hype and minimize naysayers. 

And while this is not something that FFG ever does in their X-Wing releases (except that one time in 2013 with Aces), this is something they do all of the time in Imperial Assault, not giving players enough deployment cards to field all the models in the box so players have to buy multiple expansions just for the cards and end up with useless extra copies of everything else. 

Hopefully, this ends up being false. 

Edited by Tvboy

15 minutes ago, Scum4Life said:

I have heard this and read it from others but can't find the original source. :(

http://www.fantasyflightgames.es/juegos/articulo/star_wars_x-wing_segunda_edicion/alianza_rebelde_-_kit_de_conversion

4 peanas de plástico de nave mediana, 4 clavijas de plástico medianas, 43 indicadores de Nave (cardboard bases), 37 selectores de maniobras, 23 fichas de Identificación de selector, 84 cartas de Nave (pilot cards), 162 cartas de Mejora, 2 cartas de Estado, 8 indicadores de Arco de torreta y 23 fichas diversas

http://www.fantasyflightgames.es/juegos/articulo/star_wars_x-wing_segunda_edicion/imperio_galactico_-_kit_de_conversion

http://www.fantasyflightgames.es/juegos/articulo/star_wars_x-wing_segunda_edicion/escoria_y_villanos_-_kit_de_conversion

162 upgrade cards seems a lot of cards for what we saw. Or at least seems it :P

Edited by Kharnete