Tirnaog

Builds - ATST

How are fellow Imperial Generals building these out?

Mine currently is: 88 Twin L.Blaster + Mortar Launcher + Long Range CommLk 235pts

Is the Long Range CommLk  worth the cost?

Is having the TLB + the Mortar overkill? Should I save points and drop one?

Comments suggestions?

Ive been using the grenade launcher and ive been underwelmed most of the time because of its short range and just two extra black dice, even with blast doeant really make that huge of a difference unless your only shooting troopers behind cover. I think the AT-ST was designed to be a anti armor vehicle so maybe just twin laser to give extra dice and impact is best

The problem I've found with the extra laser is that its RNG 3 instead of the normal gun's 4, forcing me to move up in range of things like Ion that I could otherwise be pretty safe from.    It also just doesn't seem to add meaningful damage for the cost in my experience; the extra damage doesn't seem to reduce the number of turns of shooting required to kill armored targets by much. With no surge conversion the thing really wants to aim, but upping the dice pool doesn't help when you reroll the same number of dice.  I've been way happier just going with a cheap mortar to control opposing infantry (Ion is really frustrated when I'm shooting at RNG 4 and keeping it suppressed)  while taking out enemy armor with aimed shots from the main gun.

I use Mortar and Grenade. 

Mortar and Main gun get used for most rounds, however I regularly advance and start using Main Gun and Grenade once I get close enough. With Grenade's blast, you can absolutely nuke units that are causing problems in cover if you focus both guns on them. 

In the early game, Mortar is great for limited mobility through suppression tokens.