Sign in to follow this  
Caimheul1313

Game Fatigue

1 minute ago, Dash Two said:

@Jman444 and @TylerTT ... have the sleeves and storage.  Guess I worded it poorly.

It's the sheer volume of tokens required to play and, then, in game movement/management of said tokens.  Getting used to it and would think some sort of digital "scoreboard" could be applied.  

Maybe it is just me and my in-game OCD

Ah okay I see. I understand what you mean though, FFG does like to have tokens out the wazoo.

It definitely gets a little overwhelming the first few times playing because with minis and terrain on the table, adding in tokens makes you have to keep in mind a lot of stuff.

If you're going to play somewhere, Id recommend to not bring ALL your tokens- just what you need for your list so if you have 8 units, then just bring 8 aim tokens, 8 dodge tokens, 8 standby, etc. The only thing you'd want to bring more of is your suppression tokens. That way I can use a much smaller Plano case.

I also use a numbered D12 and D8 for my vehicle damage instead of all the hit tokens.

@Jman444 ... yes!

I have a LARGE master storage container, which I made look nicer, and ... finally ... bought a smaller Plano (the stuff everyone uses) that will fit what I need for an 800 pt game or day of games.  

I think it was $4 at Walmart.  Lesson learned.  

Realistically, the only tokens you need are suppression, dodge, wounds, and maybe the numbers to distinguish units. 

Aim is used in the same activation, so there is no need to track it unless you hand em out with veers. Standby is a waste of an action. Panic tokens are redundant with suppression. Commander tokens might see some use, but I've never had to use it. 

It also doesn't help that dodge, aim, and standby all look alike. Not sure what FFG was thinking. 

On 6/3/2018 at 3:28 PM, TylerTT said:

it’s possible the Rulebook and maybe even the RRG were finished before the operative was officially a thing.

Good gosh you are tedious.

Yeah that they are not selling you a $50 codex is such a grift!

That they release things on a simi-regular basis to keep themselves And stores in business so shady! 

Forcing players to purchase a different book for every side is a cash grab. Sorry that you don’t understand that. 

17 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Forcing players to purchase a different book for every side is a cash grab. Sorry that you don’t understand that. 

So not having a codex is a grift and having a codex is a cash grab?