Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Caimheul1313

Game Fatigue

Recommended Posts

it’s possible the Rulebook and maybe even the RRG were finished before the operative was officially a thing.

12 hours ago, Derrault said:

Not having a codex to grift extra money from players is just the best.

Good gosh you are tedious.

Yeah that they are not selling you a $50 codex is such a grift!

That they release things on a simi-regular basis to keep themselves And stores in business so shady! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TylerTT said:

it’s possible the Rulebook and maybe even the RRG were finished before the operative was officially a thing.

If the rumours that FFG had the first 2-3 years of releases planned out prior to the initial release of the game are true, then I have a slightly hard time believing that they didn't have the time to update the RRG prior to the initial release. 

Of course, given how long the first RRG update is taking, changing the document to include in the initial release may have resulted in delays, which would have been silly since the rules would not be necessary for a few months.

Hopefully the first update includes the rules for Operatives, as I'd like the official rules prior to Boba Fett's release. Otherwise, I hope there is at least some kind of official rules update inside the box, similar to how Warlord released the rules for Veteran US Paratroopers in Bolt Action. If the rules are only included in the news posts, well at least that's something, even if the news posts aren't always the most accurate source of rules....

Edited by Caimheul1313
Retraction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

If the rumours that FFG had the first 2-3 years of releases planned out prior to the initial release of the game are true, then I have a slightly hard time believing that they didn't have the time to update the RRG prior to the initial release. 

Of course, given how long the first RRG update is taking, changing the document to include in the initial release may have resulted in delays, which would have been silly since the rules would not be necessary for a few months.

Hopefully the first update includes the rules for Operatives, as I'd like the official rules prior to Boba Fett's release. Otherwise, I hope there is at least some kind of official rules update inside the box, similar to how Warlord released the rules for Veteran US Paratroopers in Bolt Action. If the rules are only included in the news posts, well at least that's something, even if the news posts aren't always the most accurate source of rules....

Every expansion so far has included the rules required for that expansion. Why would you assume different for Boba?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to tackle Legion aß a painting Project. So i'll paint up a nice rebel force and maybe Play some games. So far every game was more or less decided by the sheer randomness of the dice. But that's perfectly fine, since i enjoy it as a relaxed game with no competetive focus. There are more issues, as some of you listed in this Thread. But with my approach, they don't really bother me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

If the rumours that FFG had the first 2-3 years of releases planned out prior to the initial release of the game are true, then I have a slightly hard time believing that they didn't have the time to update the RRG prior to the initial release. 

Of course, given how long the first RRG update is taking, changing the document to include in the initial release may have resulted in delays, which would have been silly since the rules would not be necessary for a few months.

Hopefully the first update includes the rules for Operatives, as I'd like the official rules prior to Boba Fett's release. Otherwise, I hope there is at least some kind of official rules update inside the box, similar to how Warlord released the rules for Veteran US Paratroopers in Bolt Action. If the rules are only included in the news posts, well at least that's something, even if the news posts aren't always the most accurate source of rules....

It will be no different than Armada when they added flotillas, contains, scatters, or the task force titles. Like Dras said, there will be a package insert with the new rules, and hopefully they get updated in the RRG. If they don't, it's not a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Every expansion so far has included the rules required for that expansion. Why would you assume different for Boba?

Because unlike the other expansions, Boba requires an update to the Force Org chart. Yes, maybe FFG will include the rules, they've been good about it in the past. But maybe they forgot this time, assuming the RRG would be updated. We don't know. I think it is likely the Operative rules will be in the box at least, but not guaranteed.

Edited by Caimheul1313
Retraction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Because unlike the other expansions, Boba requires an update to the Force Org chart. Yes, maybe FFG will include the rules, they've been good about it in the past. But maybe they forgot this time, assuming the RRG would be updated. We don't know. I think it is likely the Operative rules will be in the box at least, but not guaranteed.

“Maybe they forgot.”

Thats... 

No, honestly, I don’t know how to respond to that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

“Maybe they forgot.”

Thats... 

No, honestly, I don’t know how to respond to that ?

Fair enough, poor choice of words.

To amend my statement: Maybe FFG felt such an inclusion would be unnecessary as they were planning on updating the RRG, but the approval process for the changes prevented such an amendment from being released prior to the release of Boba Fett. Rather than rip open individual packaging to now include a rules update that was quickly run off at the printer, therefore significantly delaying shipping and increasing costs, they just release the product and hope the RRG update will arrive, and that customers will continue to read emails posted to social media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caimheul1313 said:

Fair enough, poor choice of words.

To amend my statement: Maybe FFG felt such an inclusion would be unnecessary as they were planning on updating the RRG, but the approval process for the changes prevented such an amendment from being released prior to the release of Boba Fett. Rather than rip open individual packaging to now include a rules update that was quickly run off at the printer, therefore significantly delaying shipping and increasing costs, they just release the product and hope the RRG update will arrive, and that customers will continue to read emails posted to social media.

Not including rules is, essentially, for their design and approval process, the same level of blunder as... not including the correct model in the box.

Its not something you “fix after the fact.”

It is a function of their design flow and I would not be at all surprised it’s s feature of their very design ethos: “To use any expansion, you must require a core set - but expansions otherwise contain EVERYTHING required to use that expansion.”

 

Its also a precedent they’ve already set with Legion, too.

In the hypothetical world we’re talking about, we’re not talking “oopsie ”, were talking “you cost us four million dollars and a year of design, you’re fired.”

 

And I could name the head that would roll in that instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star WArs Legion FB site had a nice document with pics of different LOS and cover scenarios.  It was really good and should answer any questions on rules.  Not sure why peeps are still having arguments

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chriscook said:

Star WArs Legion FB site had a nice document with pics of different LOS and cover scenarios.  It was really good and should answer any questions on rules.  Not sure why peeps are still having arguments

 

Because AFAIK, the FB page is not “official”.

And you know I’ve had issues with rules responses being ignored or outright abused about in Armada for not being “official” until they are in an FAQ.

nothing else matters to some.

Edited by Drasnighta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chriscook said:

Its straight from Alex's emails.

 

As stated above. To some, that doesn’t matter.

Too many times I’ve had “emails can be faked, it’s not official until it’s in an FAQ.” With assorted abuse tossed in.

 

I don’t doubt it, I’m just commenting as to why there are still arguments after the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

@Drasnighta Point taken on rules in the box. That was an ill-thought out concern. 

It’s still a concern, no doubt - companies and people DO screw up occasionally in MONUMENTAL ways...  but I think acknowledging that companies basically base their livelihood on these things... cuts down on the real chance of it happening ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Drasnighta said:

It’s still a concern, no doubt - companies and people DO screw up occasionally in MONUMENTAL ways...  but I think acknowledging that companies basically base their livelihood on these things... cuts down on the real chance of it happening ?

Fair enough. 

With flotillas as an analogue, they were introduced over a year after Armada was introduced, so it made a bit more sense in my mind not to include the rules for Flotillas in the initial release (more so if they were still in development at that time). Including Operatives on the Force Organization chart in my mind would have been akin to the inclusion of Special Forces on that chart. The limits don't actually matter until the release of the models a few months later, but it saves the (likely relatively minimal) cost of a Force Org update card being printed and inserted.

Of course, there is the possibility that the Boba Fett release was pushed up for some reason. FFG can have the first 2-3 years of releases planned without having assigned specific dates to each release, just "We want to release _______ model."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Fair enough. 

With flotillas as an analogue, they were introduced over a year after Armada was introduced, so it made a bit more sense in my mind not to include the rules for Flotillas in the initial release (more so if they were still in development at that time). Including Operatives on the Force Organization chart in my mind would have been akin to the inclusion of Special Forces on that chart. The limits don't actually matter until the release of the models a few months later, but it saves the (likely relatively minimal) cost of a Force Org update card being printed and inserted.

Of course, there is the possibility that the Boba Fett release was pushed up for some reason. FFG can have the first 2-3 years of releases planned without having assigned specific dates to each release, just "We want to release _______ model."

Yep, and the rules for Flotillas were provided in the pack - as were the rules for Irregular squadrons... but people don’t even know there is one ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chriscook said:

Star WArs Legion FB site had a nice document with pics of different LOS and cover scenarios.  It was really good and should answer any questions on rules.  Not sure why peeps are still having arguments

 

It's been over a month since I left that page, but there was constant disagreement in nearly every post. I had people argue with me over the cover/LOS email even though I was the one that asked and received that answer. People are going to fight because they want to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wait for an official FAQ. I don't have time to chase this stuff down. When FFG's ready they'll update a book or post an FAQ. Until then we're good in our group rolling a die or flipping a coin. We don't do competitive so that solves that. Got a printed Reference book (that should have been included just like the rulebook was) and the rulebook, good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using the figures for other games recently, like Rogue Trader, Rogue Star, old Necromunda, and a sci-fi version of Saga. It's not that I don't like the current rules but the game can feel way too tedious at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish i had time to play and paint.  This thing called work continues to get in the way.  

My only feedback is the sheer volume of gear ... tokens and cards.  I get it and, then again, I think there has to be a better way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dash Two said:

I just wish i had time to play and paint.  This thing called work continues to get in the way.  

My only feedback is the sheer volume of gear ... tokens and cards.  I get it and, then again, I think there has to be a better way.  

Invest in a binder and card pages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

Invest in a binder and card pages. 

Exactly, plus you can store the Learn To Play and RRG (if you print it out) in a binder as well. Helps free up space in a box for your minis and hardware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jman444 and @TylerTT ... have the sleeves and storage.  Guess I worded it poorly.

It's the sheer volume of tokens required to play and, then, in game movement/management of said tokens.  Getting used to it and would think some sort of digital "scoreboard" could be applied.  

Maybe it is just me and my in-game OCD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...