drail14me

Hey FFG, Where's Obi Wan and K2SO...And Shriv?????

We've seen a LOT of spoiled 2.0 cards but we've yet to see Obi Wan and K2S0. With the addition of the Force into the game, I expected Obi Wan to be a shoe in. And K2S0 has been a fan favorite for the U-Wing or as a crew card.

Had to add in Shriv in the T-65 as well. Inferno Squad has been spoiled so why don't we get Shriv with the Rebellion?

Here's to hoping you have those cards tucked away from spoiling but on the way to the table!!

Edited by drail14me

Obi-Wan won't be part of the game, sorry. By the time he "joined" the Rebellion, he didn't shortly there after on the Death Star. When he was aboard the Falcon, he was a passenger as the Falcon chased a Tie fighter towards the Death Star. It would make zero sense to have him sitting as a crew member in a battle due to him not actually participating in a GCW era battle.

As for K-2SO, I expect him to be a crew/pilot card in Saw's expansion. We haven't seen the 2.0 cards for that yet, so it's a strong possibility that he is in there.

2 minutes ago, HaranHaste said:

Obi-Wan won't be part of the game, sorry. By the time he "joined" the Rebellion, he didn't shortly there after on the Death Star. When he was aboard the Falcon, he was a passenger as the Falcon chased a Tie fighter towards the Death Star. It would make zero sense to have him sitting as a crew member in a battle due to him not actually participating in a GCW era battle.

As for K-2SO, I expect him to be a crew/pilot card in Saw's expansion. We haven't seen the 2.0 cards for that yet, so it's a strong possibility that he is in there.

Being in the game does as a crew does not necessarily mean you have to do anything. We have never seen Vader do anything as a crew. I'm not sure whatever Leia does has anything to do with her sitting in the Falcon cockpit. Or hiding near the escape pods on the Tantive IV.

13 minutes ago, HaranHaste said:

Exactly. Unlike Gonk who actually piloted one of the X-wings in episode IV.

7 minutes ago, HaranHaste said:

Obi-wan watched over Luke on Tatooine,  introduced him to the Force.... I think he can fit in the Rebellion- even if no one remembers the Force-whispers in young Skywalker's ear, that helped DESTROY the Death Star.

FFG will definitely put him into this game (even if it's a ghost or Clone Wars thing), no apologies needed.

4 hours ago, drail14me said:

We've seen a LOT of spoiled 2.0 cards but we've yet to see Obi Wan and K2S0. With the addition of the Force into the game, I expected Obi Wan to be a shoe in. And K2S0 has been a fan favorite for the U-Wing or as a crew card.

Here's to hoping you have those cards tucked away from spoiling but on the way to the table!!

"Obi-Wan Kenobi? Obi-Wan... Now, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time... A long time."

I'm fine without a Rebel Yoda or Obi-Wan crew card, I'd rather just get a Republic faction. K2 on the other hand seems like a glaring omission if not in the Saw Rebels pack if he is definitely not in the Conversion set. 

4 hours ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Exactly. Unlike Gonk who actually piloted one of the X-wings in episode IV.

It wasn't like the Rebels had tons of pilots they could field. :P

Red Leader: "Loosen up!"

Red Gonk: "Gonk!"

*Red Gonk blown apart by a Tie Fighter*

5 hours ago, HaranHaste said:

I don't care if we don't see Obi Wan in the game. However, I would like to see Moralo Eval's co-pilot from the Clone Wars, Rako Hardeen, Marksman of the Concord Dawn. ?

They have mentioned that the new expansions will likely have cards not available in the conversion kits, Thane, Y-Wing Norra, and that Evaline are special pilots for the 1st wave. So when the Falcon 2.0 expansion drops I think we should be getting some more new upgrades and pilots even...though I am not sure who else would be a Rebel pilot for the 1300. Same applies for the U-wing.

Edited by KiraYamatoSF

5 hours ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

They have mentioned that the new expansions will likely have cards not available in the conversion kits....

This isn't true for at least the Wave 1 expansion packs. FFG explicitly says on the product pages that all the new cards in the expansions will be in the conversion kits. Now once you get into Wave 2 or beyond, you are likely right, though FFG has also said that there will be alternate ways for veteran players to get the new cards without buying the expansion packs.

13 hours ago, HaranHaste said:

I suppose he participated as much in battles as other already in the game.  He's looking at you Jabba, Mara, Isard, etc etc.  And don't forget, in your example youre only referring to Old Ben...there's 3 entire movies of Obiwan Kenobi where he participates in plenty of battles.  Both in starships and with a saber, cutting one guy in half and tossing him down a shaft, and straight up cutting off some limbs and watching another dude burn in some lava...

Edited by piznit

I'm all for a prequel trilogy Ewan McGregor-esque Obi-Wan, mainly for the quips on alt-art cards. But Ol' Ben contributed nothing detectable to any space battle.

The Jedi Order is something I wish were more strongly represented, but even a few aces in a republic faction would be amazing. I'm thinking mainly of force-themed pilot abilities, but the fighters would open up a lot of new mechanics.

3 hours ago, Astech said:

I'm all for a prequel trilogy Ewan McGregor-esque Obi-Wan, mainly for the quips on alt-art cards. But Ol' Ben contributed nothing detectable to any space battle.

The Jedi Order is something I wish were more strongly represented, but even a few aces in a republic faction would be amazing. I'm thinking mainly of force-themed pilot abilities, but the fighters would open up a lot of new mechanics.

Maybe not something the radio picked up for Rebel command to hear but Ben Kenobi's ghost voice is the reason the Death Star got exploded.  I think a Kenobi crew that is able to use a force token to boost other ships would be perfectly appropriate.

I really want to try a format where each player takes turns playing a Falcon with Chewie Pilot, Han Gunner, Luke Gunner, Leia crew, C-3PO crew, R2-D2 crew, engine upgrade, falcon title, and Obi-Wan crew if it ever exists.  Four other players each get a single Academy Pilot and respawn every time they die.  Winner is the player that gets the most kills as the Falcon before dying.

Edit to say, I don't think we need an Obi-Wan crew and it would be a little odd to have a crew card representing a dead character...  Hmmm... Maybe the card art should be his empty robes or his force ghost or an empty corridor... Maybe later as an alt art prize card.

Edited by gamblertuba

32 minutes ago, gamblertuba said:

I really want to try a format where each player takes turns playing a Falcon with Chewie Pilot, Han Gunner, Luke Gunner, Leia crew, C-3PO crew, R2-D2 crew, engine upgrade, falcon title, and Obi-Wan crew if it ever exists.  Four other players each get a single Academy Pilot and respawn every time they die.  Winner is the player that gets the most kills as the Falcon before dying.

I've been wanting to run a store tournament similar. 60 points to build a Falcon with only upgrades seen during the escape from the Death Star vs 60 point four Tie squad. We may try it later this summer.