thespaceinvader

Full Rebel conv kit contents on FB

No Maul crew card in the spoiler, even though we've seen his 2.0 card and know it's playable in Rebels alongside Ezra. 

What are the chances FFG messed up and Maul is only in the Scum conversion kit / Firespray and we're forced to buy cross-faction? 

7 hours ago, Talonbane Cobra said:

No Luke in an x-wing? 

X-Wing Luke is likely in the Core set, so they wouldn't need to include him in the conversion kit if the Core is a required purchase. 

Edited by Tvboy

I will ask again. Has anyone seen Tycho around, or any other A-Wing with I5?

If there are none, i feel really sorry for one of the coolest ships in the Rebel roster.

A nimble Interceptor with good repositioning with no high PS ace? This is the whole point about this kind of ship! This can’t be serious?!

19 minutes ago, ForceM said:

I will ask again. Has anyone seen Tycho around, or any other A-Wing with I5?

If there are none, i feel really sorry for one of the coolest ships in the Rebel roster.

A nimble Interceptor with good repositioning with no high PS ace? This is the whole point about this kind of ship! This can’t be serious?!

It's possible it will be added in the A-wing once it releases.

But yea, A-wings look like cheap blockers or ordenance carriers

1 minute ago, GLEXOR said:

I hope Tycho come with the Re-release at I6, It was just unfair that the Interceptor could always out-skill the A-wing.

that would mean that the rebels have 2 more I6 aces than both of the other factions, and I feel that even one is pushing it, as they said that they wanted more faction parity, and eliminate balance issues that one faction with way more I6 aces would create.

8 minutes ago, GLEXOR said:

I hope Tycho come with the Re-release at I6, It was just unfair that the Interceptor could always out-skill the A-wing.

I would not even hope for that, but a purebreed interceptor with no pilot above Skill 4 is just a complete dealbreaker for me. I hope they just missed the card on the pics

And since there is no more Deadeye they don’t even serve well as ordnance carriers. If they are low PS.

Even Prockets are just useful with high PS

Edited by ForceM

Just now, CMDR Ytterium said:

that would mean that the rebels have 2 more I6 aces than both of the other factions, and I feel that even one is pushing it, as they said that they wanted more faction parity, and eliminate balance issues that one faction with way more I6 aces would create.

Ok, then put Wedge in the A-wing.

1 minute ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

Honestly i would not have needed Fenn at I6, but the A-Wing will be utterly useless if there is not at least a PS5 pilot.

1 minute ago, ForceM said:

Honestly i would not have needed Fenn at I6, but the A-Wing will be utterly useless if there is not at least a PS5 pilot.

I'm niot denying that an I5 will be unneeded I'm just saying another i6 is not ok, also fenn will be so much stronger with the rarity of passive mods.

11 minutes ago, CMDR Ytterium said:

I'm niot denying that an I5 will be unneeded I'm just saying another i6 is not ok, also fenn will be so much stronger with the rarity of passive mods.

Imho Fenn didn’t take a hit at all from 1.0 Which is quite astonishing!

Having an I6 A-Wing would have been very nice instead. But i never expected that to happen. But not having a PS5 at least is just a huge no-no from FFG (IF that’s the case)

The ship already has its weakness in weak armament, unless you invest in the finite amount of missiles.

It has NEVER been a dominant ship in 1.0 So why make it much worse in 2.0?

And now they only give it 2 named pilots of which Arvel was improved, but at PS3 will probably never even trigger his ability.

And Farrel that is now a support ship?!? Come on, his old ability was much better and also much better fitting for an A-Wing. The new one is plain bad imho. And then the top pilot at I4?

That’s also something that is not easily corrected. It’s not just give it a slot or points reduction and good. If you can’t Arc-dodge in an A-wing because of PS, it’s useless. No more VI to fix it either. So why is this happening?

This ship was fixed by giving it TWO EPTs in 1.0 so it pretty much was a ship for absolute hotshot elite pilots. And now they have no 5 or 6? That doesn’t make sense neither in fluff nor in gameplay terms!!!

Edited by ForceM

1 hour ago, ForceM said:

Imho Fenn didn’t take a hit at all from 1.0 Which is quite astonishing!

Having an I6 A-Wing would have been very nice instead. But i never expected that to happen. But not having a PS5 at least is just a huge no-no from FFG (IF that’s the case)

The ship already has its weakness in weak armament, unless you invest in the finite amount of missiles.

And now they only give it 2 named pilots of which Arvel was improved, but at PS3 will probably never even trigger his ability.

And Farrel that is now a support ship?!? Come on, his old ability was much better and also much better fitting for an A-Wing. The new one is plain bad imho. And then the top pilot at I4?

That’s also something that is not easily corrected. It’s not just give it a slot or points reduction and good. If you can’t Arc-dodge in an A-wing because of PS, it’s useless. No more VI to fix it either. So why is this happening?

This ship was fixed by giving it TWO EPTs in 1.0 so it pretty much was a ship for absolute hotshot elite pilots. And now they have no 5 or 6? That doesn’t make sense neither in fluff nor in gameplay terms!!!

You're joking right?

10 hours ago, TerTer said:

Why would't it be?

Well, seeing as how it shows the Listening Device condition card, which references an "Informant" upgrade card, but we don't see that Informant card, nor any other card that would assign the condition, I think it's a safe bet that at least a few cards were missed.

If you want to fly an Interceptor, grab a TIE

The A in Xwing can be an arcdodger, but that's not all it has to be (unless it's very poorly designed)

Personally always found it to be VASTLY more useful as a blocker, and that Jake (who still works on himself) and arvel just got incredibly buffed 

No idea why the **** raus still around as is, though 

Edited by ficklegreendice

28 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

If you want to fly an Interceptor, grab a TIE

The A in Xwing can be an arcdodger, but that's not all it has to be (unless it's very poorly designed)

Personally always found it to be VASTLY more useful as a blocker, and that Jake (who still works on himself) and arvel just got incredibly buffed 

No idea why the **** raus still around as is, though 

Sorry, but Arvel will not get off his bumpmania against anything with more PS that remotely has something like a dial and someone with half a brain rotating it. Maybe it’s okay against a Lambda but that’s it.

He was tied with that interceptor that got a shot after dying for the most useless Pilot talent before, now he is at best okay.

And if using the PS 1s as blockers is all this ship can do, it’s an absolute shame.

The A-Wing should be a Dogfighter that can mix it with the fastest and best ships.

It can not do that at low PS, even if it had the best Pilot skills and slots ever.

It’s also with the E-Wing, the only ship that could even remotely play the arc-dodging game for the Rebels. Okay this is not their primary theme, but the A-Wing was never even close to OP, so i don’t get it at all that they don’t give it anything more than PS4. With 2 red dice this would remain pretty unproblematic imho.

The game has not fundamentally changed. A 4 HP ship with 3 green and 2 red can only do so much, and if it has no arc-dodging role to play, i doubt it has any role to play.

Edited by ForceM

12 hours ago, TerTer said:

Really. We need to pay for conversion and we don't get all cards nor all pilots that we had? We get cut down version? I say that's bad bad bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why.... 

8 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

I don't think you're necessarily wrong about this, but it does make me feel like we've been a bit misled regarding the switch to second edition and the conversion kits.

Promises of backwards compatibility and conversion kits start to ring a little hollow when you realise that dropping £150 for all three kits and a core set is only going to bring through a fraction of the 1e content into 2e. A significant fraction, no doubt, but it is a little galling to be asked to pay that now and pay even more with each successive wave for content that, in many cases, will be a 'converted' version of 1e content. 

How many of your cards do you use now in 1e?  I have vast swathes of my upgrade binder than never get touched.  And lots that have literally never been used.  What do I care if they disappear from the game? Pilot-wise sure, we lose some, but we gained some differnt ones (some just reskinned old ones), and will be getting more as more rereleases happen.  And as pointed out, it never said the conversion kit woul dmake all of your pilots and upgrades work (since half the point of them is to get the new pilots and upgrades). 

8 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

I kinda would have preferred FFG to just call 2e a completely new game and offer 'starter' kits instead at this point. It would have felt a little more honest. 

I wouldn't.  Id much rather be able to fly all of my ships from the start.

2 hours ago, ForceM said:

The a-wing itself was buffed.  Gained native barrel roll and the vectored thrusters ship ability, plus 3 sloops.  Losing tycho is sad, but may or may not come back.  And they seem to be doing away with infinitely stressing yourself (hera crew) so tycho would probably see a change.  4 instead of 5 on jake is sad, but the PS7s seem split across the two initiative scores.  I think arvel looks fantastic, and generics could definitely be a thing.  And I think jake will have a place as well.

2 hours ago, ForceM said:

The only thing "worse" about jakes ability is you can't trigger him off of being assigned a focus token.  But otherwise, you get the same effect (do a boost/BR, get a free focus, instead of focusing and getting a free boost/br).  He works at range 0, so he can still give himself the focus action.  But now he ALSo has the option to give a token to a friend if they need it more.  And he still has potential triple action efficiency if you BR first, then get your focus, then vectored thrusters a boost.

I think that Fenn Rau's biggest problem in 1e is that he is dramatically underpriced for what he brings to the table. His pilot ability is strong, and I6 Coordinate is strong, but it's nothing outlandish and he dies to focused fire like anyone else. He's just way too inexpensive for such a powerful support piece and his pricing should be closer to the other aces than to his fellow Sheathipede pilots.

The one thing I think FFG never really thought much about was pricing the pilot abilities. Even the strongest abilities appear to either be free or only cost 1 point. That's why there are so many ships with only one viable pilot: because one pilot's ability is significantly stronger than the others, and it was effectively free.

Among the things I'd really like to see in 2e:

1) Appropriate pricing for pilot ability (this should happen eventually as prices sort themselves out, but it would be nice if they were more aggressive about it early on to let some of the overshadowed pilots shine);

2) More ships where the best pilot ability is not on the highest initiative pilot.

This is something that FFG hasn't done much. I can only think of a handful of examples where a mid-PS pilot has an ability that is obviously stronger than everyone else's, and one of them (Guri) is getting an initiative change to fix that. While I'm all for the change to Guri (mostly because the 1e StarViper is a terrific ship whose major weakness is a lack of viable pilots), I think this is an area where they could easily open up more options besides "pay out the nose for both better initiative and a better ability, or pay less and get neither."

3 hours ago, Tvboy said:

No Maul crew card in the spoiler, even though we've seen his 2.0 card and know it's playable in Rebels alongside Ezra. 

What are the chances FFG messed up and Maul is only in the Scum conversion kit / Firespray and we're forced to buy cross-faction? 

X-Wing Luke is likely in the Core set, so they wouldn't need to include him in the conversion kit if the Core is a required purchase. 

Maul probably did get overlooked, but I don't think he'll be too hard to get a hold of. There will be extra copies floating around thanks to all the Scum players who buy more than one kit.

And to add, yes the game has changed significantly

Sure, the fundamentals are there, but nothing really approximates the fluid capabilities of the worst of 1.0 where you can move, reposition how you want, get full action-independent mods, and shoot regardless of facing (...gunner luke).

We're also promised a 2.0 where higher I costs significantly more than it does in 1.0, and one in where your basic maneuvers matter a lot more. In both these cases, the humble A-wing blocker just got vastly improved, not even counting the nerfs to reinforce/evade/stuff like palp or c3po etc.

27 minutes ago, VanderLegion said:

The a-wing itself was buffed.  Gained native barrel roll and the vectored thrusters ship ability, plus 3 sloops.  Losing tycho is sad, but may or may not come back.  And they seem to be doing away with infinitely stressing yourself (hera crew) so tycho would probably see a change.  4 instead of 5 on jake is sad, but the PS7s seem split across the two initiative scores.  I think arvel looks fantastic, and generics could definitely be a thing.  And I think jake will have a place as well.

I did not expect to see Tycho with his old ability. If it had to be something in that way, it would have worked with charges or be capped at 2-3 stress. Or he would have had another ability.

But if Jake needed to be top pilot, why PS4? Just give him 5 like to all named aces that fly anything close to a competent ship.

We will probably not see any of the 2 named pilots on the table in anything resembling competitive play like this.

These mid-skill pilots never saw play in any ship unless they had a completely brainless OP ability, or were in a ship where PS didn’t matter at all. Lowhrick or Ryad come to mind.

And that will not chamge in 2.0. Why would it, seriously?

And the fact that they cut down the A-Wings named pilots to only two is the worst decision of all. That’s just an unneccessary middle finger to a ship that did not need it at all

31 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Maul probably did get overlooked, but I don't think he'll be too hard to get a hold of. There will be extra copies floating around thanks to all the Scum players who buy more than one kit.

Except one of their big selling points / promises was not requiring players to buy cross faction to get upgrade cards. Kind of annoying if they dropped the ball on that day 1. 

X-Wing's not a trading card game. Maul didn't even come with the Scum faction in 1st edition, he came in a Rebel ship!

On 5/31/2018 at 1:37 PM, nexttwelveexits said:

RE: C-3PO and 2 green dice

IMPORTANT - Obviously, Threepio doesn't help you if your opponent only rolled one damage for you to avoid, so you would not use his ability when defending against an attack that only scored 1 hit. If the attack scored 2 or more hits, then Threepio comes into play and you can choose to either:

• save your Calculate token for 34/64 odds (53%) of reducing the damage by 1 and 21/64 (33%) odds of reducing it by 2, or:
  • spend it to guess 1 and get a 39/64 (61%) chance to reduce incoming damage by 2, while noting that there is also a 12/64 chance of having two evades plus one eyeball should you have another token to spend.

So I'm not certain that a Threepio call is better than a saved Calculate token on a two-die ship, because I can't do the math right now to figure how much damage either should mitigate over the course of several rounds of combat.

Note: Calculate only converts one focus result, so it only ever reduces the damage by one.

//

Here's the other thing which is just striking to me: C-3PO is used before you roll.  Spending a calculate on Focus is used after you roll.  There can be a benefit to waiting and potentially saving the token for the next attack.  Considering that odds of preventing damage are really close on 2 dice or 3 dice, I think saving the token until the last incoming attack might be the wisest idea.