Sign in to follow this  
Pooleman

Priority Supplies Battlefield Expansion

2 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Based on the trajectory ffg has been doing I would say late June. The 21st or 28th would be my best guess.

I hope so. I need more terrain and I really want to get my hands on those extra/new condition cards. 

The stuff in the priority supplies expansion are actually objective miniatures, not terrain, which is why they all come on bases. The crates are for secure the supplies, the moisture vaporizers for repair the moisture vaporizers (included in the expansion) and the consoles are for intercept the transmissions.

The bases are the same as the standard infantry bases, so the objects will be molded separtely.  I'l be picking up one pack for objectives and one to base as scatter terrain, leaving me with some extra infantry bases for aftermarket figures.

28 minutes ago, GunNut said:

The bases are the same as the standard infantry bases, so the objects will be molded separtely.  I'l be picking up one pack for objectives and one to base as scatter terrain, leaving me with some extra infantry bases for aftermarket figures.

I've been considering magnetizing these so that I can use them as scatter terrain *or* objectives depending on the circumstances.

16 hours ago, Pooleman said:

That stuff looks awesome but I simply can’t afford good terrain, Legion expansions, and X-Wing when 2.0 launches. I’m trying to make my own decent terrain for cheap. 

Keep your eyes on stuff you might normally toss in the trash or recycling.  I've had good luck turning many plastic containers into terrain like cargo boxes (corsage containers from the kid's prom flowers) and bunkers (plastic tray from 5lb of hamburger). 

2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

This assumes you have a flgs you are going to for playing the game.

I’ve been meeting friends at either their house or mine. The OP may be doing similar. 

Though I completely agree... If one's problem is "I don't have enough terrain." Then I simply offered two possible solutions.

I suppose I could have offered a third solution which was, "If you are at home, use your discarded toilet paper tubes and cans of spaghetti O's."

Coming up with terrain to play Legion can be difficult for the player(s) new to miniatures games. I fit that category too. My mini's experience is basically Xwing which all the components to play were included. Legion is a new beast for me given the need for terrain if I have a friend over to play.

8 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

What I find odd about the front page picture of this box(as far as I can tell) the picture dosnt actually show you the total amount of stuff actually in the box?

The article does, and going by every other expansion so far, the back of the box will. 

swl16_spread.png

Edited by ABXY

5 hours ago, Sephlar said:

Though I completely agree... If one's problem is "I don't have enough terrain." Then I simply offered two possible solutions.

I suppose I could have offered a third solution which was, "If you are at home, use your discarded toilet paper tubes and cans of spaghetti O's."

Coming up with terrain to play Legion can be difficult for the player(s) new to miniatures games. I fit that category too. My mini's experience is basically Xwing which all the components to play were included. Legion is a new beast for me given the need for terrain if I have a friend over to play.

I too am new to minis, having only played x-wing. The wife is ready to leave me after all the cash I’ve spent on X-Wing and Legion this last 10 months. So now I’m stuck making terrain. I’m not certain but I think they will turn out terribly. fb3JVqC.jpgu2PKaVY.jpg

DH9jwrw.jpg

I’ll apply some some spackle tomorrow and try to get them to look halfway decent but I’m not hopeful. 

5 hours ago, ABXY said:

The article does, and going by every other expansion so far, the back of the box will. 

swl16_spread.png

Theres a big pic on the site showing them on a battlefield and it looks like this, on the main article.

Just saying id take evey opportunity to show everything off, not pics with half the stuff on there.

swl16-17_a1_image4.jpg

1 minute ago, Stasy said:

Thank you sir!

Anybody know how to take the trees they're selling and complete them? I mean I know how to paint, but how do you "leaf" the trees?

Check out things like “clump flock” or “hobby foliage”, especially by woodland scenic s 

45 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Check out things like “clump flock” or “hobby foliage”, especially by woodland scenic s 

Yeah get a strong adhesive cover the branches in it then dunk in clump foliage

47 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

I just watched the video on their website. That's friggin witchcraft! LOL! 

As always, thanks for the info.