Sign in to follow this  

Hey there

I live in Mito city in Ibaraki prefecture. I regularly play L5R with three other friends of mine. If anyone is around the area I would love to have more people to play with. My line name is Mikko if you want to contact me. 

It would be nice if we could set up some sort of event in Japan. Even if it couldn't be official something-something because we wouldn't be associated with any sort of store.

If we could try to organize some just 1-off event. We would first need to figure out where everyone relatively is, see if we could determine some central location. After that, finding a place to do it wouldn't be difficult-- there are various 24/7 "rent a space" places all over the place. I live in a relatively small town and there are 3 within just a couple kilometers of me.

As long as it was on a Sunday, it wouldn't be such a big problem for me.

You don't need a store to do l5r events. In Greece there have been like 5 tournaments with prize support by players who bought the kits and rented event space at a local hotel. Don't let anything stop you!

3 hours ago, Matsu Kenshin said:

You don't need a store to do l5r events. In Greece there have been like 5 tournaments with prize support by players who bought the kits and rented event space at a local hotel. Don't let anything stop you!

IIRC, the seasonal kits are $80. So if you can solidly get four people, that comes out to $5/tournament each for four tournaments or $15 for a league plus another $5 for a tournament.

$80 isn't all that much regardless.

The cost of travel for each person just to travel across Japan to meet in a single location would be 2-4x that amount for each person.

And then there is the cost of renting any accommodations.

I also know a couple of board game cafe that could help for a place.

Anyway, probably Tokyo's or Osaka's area will be good for most of us... I suppose? I am enthusiastic about the idea! I just hope the first meeting will be in the next year, because on December I have to go back in my home country (Italy)

4 hours ago, Matsu Kenshin said:

I hope that some basis for a community can be made, I am going to live in Japan, probably in Kyoto in about a year, and I want to be able to keep playing l5r :)

I am living in Matsuyama, not so far away. But in a couple of years, maybe I have to move to Osaka (because of my job). We will be not so far away ;)