DangerShine Designs

Twins - advice wanted

About to have my 4th game and was curious for those with more experience, what would you change about this list?

++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [800 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Leia Organa [105 Points]: Esteemed Leader, Improvised Orders†

•Luke Skywalker [191 Points]: Force Push, Force Reflexes, Targeting Scopes

+ Corps +

Fleet Troopers [61 Points]: Fleet Trooper, Targeting Scopes

Rebel Troopers [56 Points]: Rebel Trooper, Targeting Scopes

Rebel Troopers [55 Points]: Concussion Grenades, Rebel Trooper

Rebel Troopers [50 Points]: Rebel Trooper

+ Support +

AT-RT [85 Points]: AT-RT Rotary Blaster

AT-RT [85 Points]: AT-RT Rotary Blaster

+ Command Hand +

Command Hand: •Ambush, •Son of Skywalker, ••My Ally Is the Force, ••Push, •••Assault, •••Return of the Jedi, ••••Standing Orders

++ Total: [800 Points] ++

Just a list without a plan isn't really an idication. What do you want to do? Who goes along with who?

Regardless, targeting scopes on reb troopers isn't that great (they rarely ever aim) and I think AT-RT Rotary blasters are a poor middleground between the lasers and the flamethrower.

Not to sound terribly rude, but this almost the worst kind of list you can make! You want to maximize the amount of keywords and heavy weapons you can get! Drop the scopes, they’re useless. Drop improvised orders, it’s super situational without having an airspeeder to worry about. Put laser cannons or flame throwers on ATRT, or run them with no upgrades. 

I’m sure there are several Rebel lists on here to pull from, my man. The trick is to try to build your army around what you want to do. I usually plan to kill as many troopers as I can, because troopers win games, not vehicles or commanders 

Edited by RaptorRitter13

Now that we have Leia, I think Targeting Scopes could have a place in a Rebel list. If Leia is handing out dodge tokens, you could aim during your activation. The opportunity cost there, of course, is missing out on having 2 dodge tokens in a single round.

Having said that, I personally would still rather spend those points on other things. For example, I would drop the TS and add a Scattergun to the Fleet Trooper unit, and probably move the grenade over to them as well. They are close-quarters fighters, so are more likely to be in a position to use them. Scattergun + Concussion Grenades = a whole mess of wounds for the other guy!

I don't think Improvised Orders is great here either. For 10 points, beef up one of your Rebel Troopers with an extra personnel. (edit: oh, I somehow missed you already did that... But still, put those 10 points elsewhere.)

I would also suggest you reconsider your command hand. Perhaps Leia's 1-pip in place of Ambush. I might swap out 1 or 2 of Luke's cards for Leia's, since he really wants to get in the fight and is therefore more likely to go down. No Time for Sorrows can get the Fleet Troopers and Luke into position faster.

Edited by nashjaee

So, long story short, the math always sucks on targets scopes.  I ran through for everything that could take it, there is no unit that it's effective on for it's cost (Scout troopers are the best candidate when they drop and even then, the math is meh).  Also, the Rebel Trooper extra dude upgrade is rarely worth it as well and concussion grenades are a terrible upgrade on Rebel Troopers (In fact, Rebel Troopers are the worst unit for all Grenade upgrades currently released as it doesn't even upgrade their attack dice, so you have to be specifically using it's ability to get anything worthwhile out of it).

So, if we do away with the scopes and grenades, you already have 35pts if we drop the 5 rebel troopers we're at 85pts.  You wouldn't have to ditch much more to get 4 Z-6's (Force Push or improvised orders) which would dramatically up both average and potential damage for the list.  Also, take Leia's command cards.  Seriously, they're all good.  At a bare minimum Somebody Has to Save Our Skin is mostly just a better assault and No Time For Sorrows is phenomenal, but I personally like Coordinated Assault as well.

You have played 4 games and I am curious how these games have gone.
This list is the opposite of how my personal playstyle is, I use more 1 of everything and special weaponsrather than many of one. Though right now we dont have much choice... 

I would add Leias command cards and maybe some more Impact weapons, change Concussion to Impact Grenade. Targetting scopes could be used on 1 or 2 units and get the role of firesupport, only aim and shoot from the back.