VAYASAN

My Fleet Troopers

Just now, Makwiesel said:

Very nice and clean.  I like the glossy visor you used there.   My Fleet Troopers couldn't quite fit the uniforms so they kept their normal clothes...

33759685_10155950895880892_6022748410577

1. Where are those Jawas from?

2. Do you have plans to paint actual Fleet Troopers?

3. If yes to above, then how do you intend to paint them?

4. Do you have homebrew stats for Jawas?

1.  The jawas are from Imperial Assault- I used the arms and weapons from a box of Fleet Troopers I sacrificed for bits and made some mods for arm length, head position, etc.  

2  & 3  I do plan to paint actual Fleet Troopers as Actual Fleet Troopers- to me those are Alderaanian forces I will leave as-is.

4.  I don't normally change much when I make a unit like this- I want to be able to play them so for me they are just Fleet Troopers that look a little different- weapons are all WYSIWYG and they are no different in play from your normal unit.  I would love to put some more jawa flavor into them, but as soon as I do Fantasy Flight will release real Legion Jawas and make mine look stupid.. :)

13 minutes ago, Makwiesel said:

Very nice and clean.  I like the glossy visor you used there.   My Fleet Troopers couldn't quite fit the uniforms so they kept their normal clothes...

33759685_10155950895880892_6022748410577

Nice IA figures, never got round to picking up the JAwas.

Curious though, dont you like the Legion FT figures or something?

Ha no no no I think the Legion Fleet Troopers are great.  I've just loved the heck out of Jawas since I was 4.  Can't undo that.  I was about to make a normal Rebel Troopers squad into my Jawas, but I just couldn't see them with the A280.

Keep in mind this squad cost the price of a box of Fleet Troopers plus 6 Jawas (I didn't make a shotgunner) so it's about $85 bucks instead of the $25 for just Fleet Troopers...

3 hours ago, Makwiesel said:

I would love to put some more jawa flavor into them, but as soon as I do Fantasy Flight will release real Legion Jawas and make mine look stupid.. :)

Nah, those Jawas look great but you do know what happens to jawas when they go against storm troopers right? You'll need to paint up a C-3P0 next so he can toss them on the fire.

BTW, might be of interest. http://blindbeggarminiatures.co.uk/shop/categories/Sci-Fi

I have to say, I love the Fleet Troopers.  But I’m a bit disappointed there’s no kneeling guy like the prominent eyebrow extra that is the iconic rebel waiting at the blast door on Tantive IV at the beginning of A New Hope.

EC9chku.jpg

Half these guys are kneeling.  

1 hour ago, BigBadAndy said:

I have to say, I love the Fleet Troopers.  But I’m a bit disappointed there’s no kneeling guy like the prominent eyebrow extra that is the iconic rebel waiting at the blast door on Tantive IV at the beginning of A New Hope.

EC9chku.jpg

Give them a break its been a few years since 77 and their knees aren't what they used to be!

4 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

EC9chku.jpg

I said the same when they announced them, gutted there was no kneeling trooper.

6 hours ago, Animewarsdude said:

Give them a break its been a few years since 77 and their knees aren't what they used to be!

Yes but it is only a couple of years since Rogue One and I think those guys could handle it. They gave us a kneeling Stormtrooper and what I would assume to be a fleeing Fleet Trooper (running pose and we saw plenty of those in Episode 4) we could've gotten one "kneeling" Fleet Trooper.

7 minutes ago, C3POFETT said:

Yes but it is only a couple of years since Rogue One and I think those guys could handle it. They gave us a kneeling Stormtrooper and what I would assume to be a fleeing Fleet Trooper (running pose and we saw plenty of those in Episode 4) we could've gotten one "kneeling" Fleet Trooper.

We didn't get a kneeling pose so FFG has an option for an alt-sculpt later.

22 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

... But I’m a bit disappointed there’s no kneeling guy ...

17 hours ago, VAYASAN said:

I said the same when they announced them, gutted there was no kneeling trooper.

I got my hands on some Fleet Troopers last night - already picked out a guy to be converted to kneeling. 

It's the far right pose in the OP's 2nd picture - I chose that one because I don't really like its stance in the current form - it's almost like he's scared his gun will go off  (perhaps he's meant to be the guy standing closest to the airlock).