Sign in to follow this  
Mackaywarrior

I’m sorry for the questions.....

Hey folks!

ive been a little awol thanks to RL but I’m back following X-Wing and there is so much white noise that I figured I’d just ask my questions.

are all upgrade cards going to be obsolete? I saw that VI is gone.

can 1.0 dials still be used even if they are worse?

do we have the 2.0 rules available yet?

2 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

Hey folks!

ive been a little awol thanks to RL but I’m back following X-Wing and there is so much white noise that I figured I’d just ask my questions.

are all upgrade cards going to be obsolete? I saw that VI is gone.

do we have the 2.0 rules available yet?

1. Yes, all upgrade & pilot cards are going to be obsolete. Things are getting updated/redone via the conversion kits for each faction.

2. No, only 1.0 dials that are unchanged can still be used.

3. In full, no. We have the cobbled together pieces/changes based on revealed cards and demo games - Its very similar to 1.0 in many ways.

7 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

That’s a bummer. I bought a bunch of upgrade cards for epic.

As far as I know, there's no word on when the Epic ships will be changed, or what those changes will be. 

As for the rest, there will now be 5 factions (Rebelion/Resistance, and Imperials/First Order and of course Scum) and the upgrade kits come with a ton of dials, pilot cards, inserts and upgrades (which aren't the mini size cards anymore).

So far, I'm feeling optimistic about the changes :)

Image result for star wars good feeling gif

37 minutes ago, Mackaywarrior said:

34 minutes ago, Innese said:

2. No, only 1.0 dials that are unchanged can still be used.

Technically, yes, you can use unchanged dials for casual play (I think the only dials that are unchanged that we know about are the TIE fighter and the Lambda shuttle. There may have been one more I’m forgetting about), but 1.0 dials will not be valid for 2.0 tournament play. 

2 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

Technically, yes, you can use unchanged dials for casual play (I think the only dials that are unchanged that we know about are the TIE fighter and the Lambda shuttle. There may have been one more I’m forgetting about), but 1.0 dials will not be valid for 2.0 tournament play. 

Even those dials changed, technically. The greens are now blues.

8 minutes ago, Herowannabe said:

There are several other unchanged dials (K-Wing, Gunboat, Fang), but none of them will be tourny legal.  You'll need 2.0 dials to play an official 2.0 event.

1.0 still exists, as long as you believe in the magic of GUNBOAT.  

Oh and you also believe in flying casual.

and I love the idea of a choice to fly Rudor in a TIE Fighter or a TAP.  Hybrid 2.0 here we come!

Edited by GrimmyV

It's easier to say that 2.0 is an entirely new game where you happen to be able to bring your plastic from 1.0 (models and dice) to use them there.
Beyond that, you need to buy something to get everything else: damage deck, upgrades, pilot cards, maneuver templates, ship templates... Even tokens are changed, their shape and color now being referenced by the rules.

Apart from that, none of this invalidate your 1.0 collection. But of course the chance for your to find people that want to play 1.0 will decrease over time.

7 hours ago, Mackaywarrior said:

So it sounds like a lot of pieces are going to be replaced. Looks like I’ll have to make a section in my board game collection for X-Wing 1.0 and 2.0

It is a different game. It's not a slight upgrade.

It's a new game you're able to use a few old components in.