BigBadAndy

Help me build my first 800 pt rebel list!

I have my first real game coming up.  It’s a single, friendly match so I’m not overly concerned about winning or losing.  Mostly just want to try some stuff out.  I’m playing Rebels and although I don’t have everything painted up yet I have two core sets + 1 of everything that doesn’t come in the core set (T47, Leia, Fleet Troopers - assuming they arrive before the game on June 4th).

So, what would you build if you were me?  I don’t want to try anything too fancy and I have no clue what the other guy is bringing to play.  We are meeting in a game store that has terrain, but both bringing some of our own.  So not too much idea of what’s happening with the board either.  

I’m agonizing over whether to run Luke and Leia together and/or whether to include the T47 in my list.  Thoughts?

800/800
Luke Skywalker [160]
Force Reflexes [15]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

Rebel Troopers [40]
Z-6 Trooper [22]
Rebel Trooper [10]

AT-RT [55]
AT-RT Rotary Blaster [30]

AT-RT [55]
AT-RT Laser Cannon [35]

AT-RT [55]
AT-RT Laser Cannon [35]

Well the most competitive lists ive seen so far just use the z6. But you can try out the ion canon if you want and use it if you like it. You could also swap the rotary at-rt and an extra trooper for Leia and see how u like having 2 commanders. 

As for the T47, look at what your giving up to play it. At least 1 trooper unit and at-rt. definitely try out a few games with it so you can get a feel for it, but I feel you loose to much in terms of activation advantage when you use one. at the moment its just to much of a tradeoff and I just get better results without one

I'd recommend taking agressive ATRTs (flamethrowers) and the T-47 not because they will get you "great results", but because moving them has some traps and gotchas you will need some experience to get to grips with.

So my recommendation is not a "powerful" list to "get results", but has a big variety of stuff to play with and learn.

++  Standard (Rebel Alliance) [799 Points] ++

+ Commander +

•Leia Organa [90 Points]

•Luke Skywalker [165 Points]: Jedi Mind Trick

+ Corps +

Fleet Troopers [67 Points]: Scatter Gun Trooper

Rebel Troopers [62 Points]: Z-6 Trooper

Rebel Troopers [40 Points]

Rebel Troopers [40 Points]

+ Support +

AT-RT [80 Points]: AT-RT Flamethrower

AT-RT [80 Points]: AT-RT Flamethrower

+ Heavy +

T-47 Airspeeder [175 Points]

To be more "competitive" I would drop the ATRTs or the T-47 and make sure you had more corps+heavy weapons. Those guys claim objectives and win games!