Sign in to follow this  
Bhelliom

Stolen Thread Friday - What's Daqan's next hero?

So if Wraiths and Scouts are any indication, we'll be seeing a Daqan hero announced next week! What could it be?

I'm thinking a wizard of some sort, since that's the obvious remaining archetype. My prediction is a geomancer that creates terrain and hands out stuns and immobilizes at range. Something like:

Action: Place a stone pillar (terrain roughly the size of Spikes) terrain at range 1-3 and in line of sight. When a unit collides with a stone pillar, remove it.

Let's hear those guesses!

2 hours ago, Bhelliom said:

So if Wraiths and Scouts are any indication, we'll be seeing a Daqan hero announced next week! What could it be?

I'm thinking a wizard of some sort, since that's the obvious remaining archetype. My prediction is a geomancer that creates terrain and hands out stuns and immobilizes at range. Something like:

Action: Place a stone pillar (terrain roughly the size of Spikes) terrain at range 1-3 and in line of sight. When a unit collides with a stone pillar, remove it.

Let's hear those guesses!

I love this concept!  I already want to start crafting the terrain for it!

Would like a mage with the skill ability to shift one runegolem at a speed of two. Preferably with skill action on modifyer and action. The problem with a design like this would be that if the mage/hero is a pure buffing unit it betther buff the runegolems to be as good as spinethreshers, preferably betther because you also need to pay for the new hero too... 

8 hours ago, Datskor said:

Would like a mage with the skill ability to shift one runegolem at a speed of two. Preferably with skill action on modifyer and action. The problem with a design like this would be that if the mage/hero is a pure buffing unit it betther buff the runegolems to be as good as spinethreshers, preferably betther because you also need to pay for the new hero too... 

What if he had a pretty powerful skill that did damage in an area around your Rune Golems?

Could be a possibility, but thhe golems are almost dependent on unstable runes to get some mobility. A problem would be to get the runegolems in close, also if it is a skill dependent on runegolems it needs to be pretty powerfoul to make upfor taking runegolems at all. 

What would a hero not centered around rock/golems be? As i belive Daquan is the faction that is hardest to create flawor too, the hero figures could be a way to add some. Heroes are rare by deffinition and therfore it would be more acsepteble to do a fantasy beast or some off-human theme unit. 

3 hours ago, Datskor said:

What would a hero not centered around rock/golems be? As i belive Daquan is the faction that is hardest to create flawor too, the hero figures could be a way to add some. Heroes are rare by deffinition and therfore it would be more acsepteble to do a fantasy beast or some off-human theme unit. 

The truth is they have almost limitless possibilities - Daqan's next hero could easily be a non-human member of the free cities, so we could be looking at anything from an eccentric Dwarven engineer to a pragmatic Orc mercenary captain to someone riding a Roc. Excited to find out!

I'd like a Daqan hero who's army building ability was "One unit in your army may replace one of its upgrade cards with a Dunwarr Dwarf upgrade of the same type. The new card must be of equal or lesser cost." 

His name doesn't have to be Carrot Ironfoundersson, but it doesn't not have to be... 

Only if his magic sword has precisely zero magic abilities (except being really pointy)

On the wizard side of things I’d love a unique alchemist siege unit type. As a infantry upgrade he’d be the standard bolt caster (not much different in mechanics to a powerful Fire Tune) but in siege engine mode he’d be operating some sort of arcane alchemy cannon. 

Tons of threat and damage (red, red, blue ranged?) with a reasonable chance of the cannon blowing up (on double surge?) 

Would make rerolls fraught with interesting choices. 

On 5/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, Budgernaut said:

I could see a mage that rides a Siege Golem that he controls. You can add him as a Heavy upgrade to infantry but one of the drawbacks is that the speed of all marches is reduced by 1. Hopefully his pack has synergy with Rune Golems.

Winner.