Sign in to follow this  
fiddybucks

Preorder damage deck from online retailers?

Does anyone know if online retailers (miniature market / coolstuff) will be able to give out the preorder damage decks? I always hated the baby decks and will probably preorder 2 cores just for the full size decks. 

Also do you think it will be one per customer ? (should I split up my preorder?)

14 minutes ago, clanofwolves said:

I inquired that very question from Miniature’s Market, they stated they haven’t heard anything from their distributor about the bonus damage deck; so no, I guess/assume not.

I’ve heard that stores haven’t gotten word on if they will get decks or not as the numbers haven’t been finalized. So who knows. 

I contacted coolstuff directly and they said:

“Thanks for shopping with us.  This promo item will be limited to direct preorders from Fantasy Flight and for select brick and mortar store preorders only.  We, unfortunately, won't get these promo decks with our shipment since we are mainly an online retailer. The only surefire way to guarantee you will get one is by preordering directly from Fantasy Flight.”

3 hours ago, Marinealver said:

For many stores if you pre-order the conversion kits, you get a promotional damage deck from what I understand. Just selling the damage deck separately I don't think is endorsed by FFG.

It’s from the core set not conversion kit. I haven’t seen anyone suggest selling separately 

22 minutes ago, Old Sarge said:

I’ve talked to the owner of my LFGS.  He talked to his Asmodee rep, and he has no idea how it’ll work.  I want to buy local, but I really want that deck...

Same story at my local store. They really love keeping him in the dark since they can't even tell him when wave 14 is dropping.

I suspect the bonus damage deck is going to be a way for FFG/ANA to incentivize ordering from LGSs rather than bulk discount online shops. A number of interviews with Christian Peterson have touched on them wanting to throw brick and mortar stores a bone for the work they do promoting the hobby and this seems like a great way to do that.

1 minute ago, Transmogrifier said:

I suspect the bonus damage deck is going to be a way for FFG/ANA to incentivize ordering from LGSs rather than bulk discount online shops. A number of interviews with Christian Peterson have touched on them wanting to throw brick and mortar stores a bone for the work they do promoting the hobby and this seems like a great way to do that.

Exactly this. I hope that online-only retailers do NOT have access to this bonus, and that it used as is an incentive to order locally (like the recent D&D alternate-art book covers, etc.)

12 hours ago, Aaron Foss said:

Exactly this. I hope that online-only retailers do NOT have access to this bonus, and that it used as is an incentive to order locally (like the recent D&D alternate-art book covers, etc.)

I’m glad probably going to order from a local store (I don’t have an lgs) since we don’t have an answer from online retailers... 

7 hours ago, fiddybucks said:

I’m glad probably going to order from a local store (I don’t have an lgs) since we don’t have an answer from online retailers... 

To be clear, brick-and-mortar retailers still haven't heard officially from FFG / distributors what allocation will be like yet either, but the announcement is pretty clear that if you preorder with a local store (whatever that may mean for that store), you will get the alternate damage deck as a bonus. There's always a chance that some stores do not get enough units allocated to meet demand, but it seems unlikely.

6 hours ago, Aaron Foss said:

To be clear, brick-and-mortar retailers still haven't heard officially from FFG / distributors what allocation will be like yet either, but the announcement is pretty clear that if you preorder with a local store (whatever that may mean for that store), you will get the alternate damage deck as a bonus. There's always a chance that some stores do not get enough units allocated to meet demand, but it seems unlikely.

From the announcement article: 

If you’re interested in receiving one of these T-65 X-Wing Damage Decks, there are two easy ways for you to get your copy while supplies last! You can pre-order the X-Wing Second Edition Core Set on our website—everyone who pre-orders at least one Core Set for X-Wing Second Edition on the Fantasy Flight Games website will receive a single T-65 X-Wing Damage Deck for free with their order!

Emphasis added.

There’s no guarantee that supplies will cover all the FLGS preorders. I’m betting that FFG has a set amount of inventory for the alt-art damage decks, and they will use it to fill preorders from their website first and then divvy up whatever’s left over between dostributors / retail stores. 

So if you want the damage deck from your FLGS your best bet is to preorder sooner rather than later, and then *make sure your FLGS talks to their Asmodee rep about it. Or, just preorder directly from FFG’s website. 

Or, just wait and get a copy off of eBay, but who knows how expensive they’re going to end up being. 

*FWIW I talked to my FLGS and got the same answer that everyone else has been getting: they talked to their distributor and the distributor doesn’t know anything yet. 

EDIT: @fiddybucks it’s also worth noting that based on what I quoted above, it’s not one bonus damage deck per Core Set, it’s one deck per order containing at least one Core Set. So ordering multiple core sets may not get you multiple decks, unless you get a friend to order a second one for you or something like that. 

Edited by Herowannabe

1 hour ago, Herowannabe said:

There’s no guarantee that supplies will cover all the FLGS preorders. I’m betting that FFG has a set amount of inventory for the alt-art damage decks, and they will use it to fill preorders from their website first and then divvy up whatever’s left over between dostributors / retail stores.

Yes, the announcement includes the bog standard butt-covering note about supplies not being infinite. That is literally something I already pointed out when I said that allocation might not cover every preorder. So far, all of the preorder bonuses FFG has printed in recent memory have had more than enough allocation to cover committed preorders at brick-and-mortar stores - usually with units to spare.

4 hours ago, Samwise Gamgee said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it but any update to this?

At the recent European championships, FFG confirmed that every pre-ordered core set from an actual store will get the promo damage deck. Online only stores will not get the deck at all. It is unclear if stores which do both will get them in sufficient numbers for their online orders too.

21 hours ago, Gilarius said:

At the recent European championships, FFG confirmed that every pre-ordered core set from an actual store will get the promo damage deck. Online only stores will not get the deck at all. It is unclear if stores which do both will get them in sufficient numbers for their online orders too.

Thanks.