Sign in to follow this  
Dreadai

I faithfully swear that I won’t make a nerf thread every time I lose a game in 2.0

Faithfully swear 

Other than the one exception I've already made abundantly clear, we're going to need a LOT of games to assess the viability of ships in a 2.0 environment

Because it's not just how effective something is, but how effective they are in the context of the wider game

So every X-Wing player needs to make a label called "nerf thread jar", put it on a jar (naturally) and then put it next to the swear jar.  If you put a dollar every time that you fail either of those, then budgeting for the next X-Wing wave becomes unecessary... also I could have accidentally solved world hunger if whatever money left over is used for that, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

2.0 nerf and buff threads are going to be a lot more numerous and ferocious.

With the App people are going to assume FFG is going to do balancing on a daily basis, especially against things they feel are broken.

"why won't ffg nerf this rebel ship that went on sale 3 days ago? its an easy fix in the app just increase it by 2 points, FFG HAS REBAL BIAS"

It will be constant and hyper annoying. If you thought it was bad in 1.0 I suggest not going on the forums once 2.0 launches.

Oh boy, that is a legitimate concern

Btw guys, don't believe that ffg will be quick to buff ships either. Very rarely seen any non-moba game company buff anything nowadays 

(Then again only really play Xwing, armada, destiny, used to play warmahordes, and a touch of hearthstone)

And I do not think we're going back to ace-style fixes either :(

Edited by ficklegreendice

I actually think that the calls for nerfs will be more sporadic in 2.0 than in 1st edition because of the adjustment features in 2.0. In 1st edition there were no calls for nerfs except for maybe a ban on TIE-phantoms because there was no known ways to correct the power curve. It wasn't until FFG started to put in Errata that the Nerfhearding threads calling to nerf that and nerf this started to dominate the forum. Now that it is perfectly conceivable to +5 points here and -1 point there you will see a ton of Make _______ Cost ___ Points and FFG, you need to +__ points to __ ,it is undercosted, OP blah blah blah type threads.

As for me I don't care I don't post demands to nerf that because there would already be a hundred of other posts before mine. Hec I am perfectly fine with FFG adding points to top performing cards as long as they continue to subtract points from under-performing cards just to keep the atmosphere balanced. But as for the Nerf Herders, they will still be here and will still be posting threads so...

michael-popcorn-1518029708.gif