Sign in to follow this  
Darth evil

Update the Dice App please

1 hour ago, Darth evil said:

because they couldn't even add a few dice to this little app 2 months ago

Maybe they could, but they just didn’t have the bandwidth because the devs have been/are on the more complicated 2.0 listbuilding app? We do know historically that ffg has limited human resources to work on things.

7 hours ago, BigBadAndy said:

^^^^^^ what @Darth evil said.

very few things could be simpler than a RNG app.  I could actually code this in Basic when I was a kid in the 80’s.  

The app is already perfectly well suited to generating random results on six- and eight-sided dice. This isn't an issue of coding the random number generator - it's an issue of doing the graphics for these dice and adjusting the menus and UI to accommdate the new options.

If course, it still doesn't seem like it should be hard for FFG to get it done...

4 hours ago, Dr Lucky said:

The app is already perfectly well suited to generating random results on six- and eight-sided dice. This isn't an issue of coding the random number generator - it's an issue of doing the graphics for these dice and adjusting the menus and UI to accommdate the new options.

If course, it still doesn't seem like it should be hard for FFG to get it done...

That’s pretty much my point.

I don't understand the desire to use a digital app to roll dice for a tabletop minis game -- seems to defeat the whole purpose of the tactile, three-dimensional representation.

But horses for courses I guess.  I'm sure FFG will update it at some point ... probably after the X-wing 2.0 release.