emmjay

Corran Horn, no force ability????

It could be because of gameplay reasons. Maybe FFG thought there were enough force users in the Rebel faction and didn’t want to add Corran to that list?

Lore should inform gameplay when possible but should not compromise game design/balance.

3 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Corran's ability is great and the E-wing is already running around with a great base ability

adding force to that would just be silly

This.

7 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

Corran's ability is great and the E-wing is already running around with a great base ability

adding force to that would just be silly

But they could have made his ability a force ability, so it becomes one of those do I use the force to modify my offense/defense or save it for the 2nd attack. 

50 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

In the galactic civil war era he was not yet aware of his force potential. Fingers crossed for resistance Corran!

During the Galactic Civil War, he wasn't piloting an E-Wing.  By the time those came around, I'm pretty sure he was training his Force powers.

15 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

...so, better than it already is?

thanks, but I think he's good enough as is

How would requiring you to spend a force charge make it better if it were the exact same with the added cost? It could be better if he had 2 force charges(keep one for a modification), but not all the time. 

1 minute ago, Mrk1984 said:

How would requiring you to spend a force charge make it better if it were the exact same with the added cost? It could be better if he had 2 force charges(keep one for a modification), but not all the time. 

same ability, but then corran also gets force mods whenever he doesn't have his ability (ie whenever he doesn't have a bullseye or during the round directly after he does)

Edited by ficklegreendice

Yeah, in the EU so many people got force sensitivity for some reason- I think it's the kind of thing where the protagonist eventually ends up having to do everything an SW character can do, so they all become jedi.

11 hours ago, JJ48 said:

During the Galactic Civil War, he wasn't piloting an E-Wing.  By the time those came around, I'm pretty sure he was training his Force powers.

He flew an E-Wing during Dark Empire, which was 6 years post-RotJ, and he received his training by Luke the following year in I, Jedi.  While he should have some, it's not a super huge detail that he doesn't. 

11 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Also seems corsec doesn't exist, as Correllia is an industrial world manufacturing star destroyers.   

The e-wing in current canon seems it may be an older design.

12 hours ago, Nyxen said:

Just acknowledge that the EU isn't coming back.

tenor.gif?itemid=10525716

yeah because the disney version is doing so well....

10 years from now no one will remember what the mouse did but the EU will still be alive and well.

They tried to strike it down, it's stronger now than they could ever imagine.

Seems like a gameplay decision, which makes sense- Corran has a powerful ability with his possible second shot, so having that and the Force option to enhance that ability (or give him even more defensive options the turn after) would be pretty overwhelming without a massive point cost.

13 hours ago, Lego Leonidas said:

I honestly just wanna see him in an X-wing. C'mon FFG, little highschool-age LegoLeonidas spent so much time in those books! Do you REALLY wanna shatter his dreams?

I, Jedi is the only thing I remember about freshman year college.